Specialty Dining on 2 and 3 day cruises?

msk1

We are looking at two short cruises from San Francisco and Vancouver in May of 2015. For those who have done these does Princess offer the Specialty Dining in Crown Grill and Sabatini's on these cruises?

Thanks in advance for your help!

msk1

We had dinner in Sabitini's on a 4 night cruise. It was a complimentary dinner for suite guests on the first night. I guess they have to open for suite guests because we also had breakfast there every morning too.

We are looking at two short cruises from San Francisco and Vancouver in May of 2015. For those who have done these does Princess offer the Specialty Dining in Crown Grill and Sabatini's on these cruises?

msk1

Yes its available.

On the short cruise that I did, the speciality dining was wildly

popular.

By 6:00pm on embarcation day, both resturants were sold out

from opening until 10:00PM for every night.

I guess I lot of people (including me) had shipboard credit to burn.

• 1 month later...
We are on the Golden 4 day and there is no complementary Specialty dining anymore. We were lucky last year and did go to the Crown Griil.

We were supposed to sail yesterday at 3:30 pm, but we are still docked.

So sorry to hear about the delay. Are you getting any kind of compensation? When did they do away with the complimentary specialty dining for suites the first night? Was it recent? Hopefully you will be under way soon.

msk1

We did the Crown Grill on our recent 1-night cruise from Seattle to Vancouver so I would think there won't be an issue on the cruise you listed above. Enjoy!

When did they do away with the complimentary specialty dining for suites the first night? Was it recent?

The complimentary specialty dining for suites on the first night has the following note on the suite amenities list on the Princess website:

Available on cruises 6 days or longer.

I do not believe this is a change.

I have received complimentary specialty dining on a shorter cruise as have several other people who have posted. However, that depends on the ship and the itinerary - other ships stick to the official policy of 6 days or longer. The Princess policy is only on 6 days or longer cruises. I would ask on a shorter cruise, but I would not expect it.