How and When for receiving cruise tickets

Dbears

My wife and I begin our cruise in October and have a few questions about the delivery of our cruise tickets. Our travel agent has not been particularly helpful or responsive:

1) Our cruise is schedule to begin in Barcelona 10/11 but we will be leaving our Florida condo 10/7 for a few days pre-cruise in Barcelona.

2) Since we have a common mailbox at our condo, we have USPS deliver to a PO Box. UPS and Fed Ex deliver to our door. Do you know if our tickets are delivered by USPS or another delivery system?

3) Since we are moving around a bit prior to 9/15, we won't be down there until then. When we would expect the tickets to arrive? Should we give another address?

Thanks,

Mike

we usually get our cruise planner about 5-7 weeks prior to our cruise

It depends on your TA how you get it ours comes by FEDEX direct to us but have seen others report they pick it up from their TA

About 3 weeks prior you get final invoice via email from your TA/Oceania

with flight details etc...

some ports require proof of purchase for that cruise I usually take the page out of our planner as well as my final invoice

Make sure you have filled out your personal info on Oceania website under already booked

All you need at check in for Oceania is your passport & a credit card

Enjoy

Lyn

Thanks Lyn. It sounds like our best solution may be to have the tickets delivered to our travel agent and ask her to Fed Ex them to us after 9/15.

I am not sure where you are located but some have reported that they are mailed to them via USPS from Oceania

We are in Canada & my TA is in the USA so it may be a different system

I would ask your TA what they have experienced in the past with Oceania

You do not really need the booklet but it is a nice souvenir

We discussed this on another thread a while back and it appears that the methods of delivery vary. I have received mine by US Postal Service for the last 3 or 4 Oceania cruises we've been on.

BUT, I have never had to show anything other than a passport to board. Only once have I even had to give a credit card in advance.

The bottom line is while nice and an excitement builder they certainly aren't necessary. As Lyn mentioned the documents you get by email a few weeks before the cruise have all the info you really need. But I do love reading through the folder

All the information you need should come by email from Oceania through your TA. But you do not need any of it to board. (Just like for flying these days.)

Don't worry!

Edited by CintiPam

Thanks for all the responses. I've finally gotten in touch with my TA who's in Canada and she's going to try to get them sent to her and will forward them along to us when we're settled. I'm glad to hear that we don't need the documents.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

All the information you need should come by email from Oceania through your TA. But you do not need any of it to board. (Just like for flying these days.)

Don't worry!

That is certainly true for Oceania, but at one port upon embarking (forget which one - maybe Copenhagen?), I was asked for documentation from Oceania from that blue booklet and didn't have it handy. The person (port employee or contractor, not someone representing Oceania at check in) had to go to someone else to make sure my husband and I were "on the list" and welcome to come in the terminal!

From then on, I started pulling out the page which shows my booking number, Oceania club number, embarkation port, etc. That page also has the Travel After Hours Hotline so that if there's a problem with Oceania-arranged flights, you can easily call and get help. It's a good page to take, even if you don't need it and nobody asks for it!

That is certainly true for Oceania, but at one port upon embarking (forget which one - maybe Copenhagen?), I was asked for documentation from Oceania from that blue booklet and didn't have it handy. The person (port employee or contractor, not someone representing Oceania at check in) had to go to someone else to make sure my husband and I were "on the list" and welcome to come in the terminal!

From then on, I started pulling out the page which shows my booking number, Oceania club number, embarkation port, etc. That page also has the Travel After Hours Hotline so that if there's a problem with Oceania-arranged flights, you can easily call and get help. It's a good page to take, even if you don't need it and nobody asks for it!

Ditto! Same thing happened to me at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal in October 2012. Security asked for a boarding pass. I happened to have the glossy personalized booklet that Oceania sent me for the cruise, and that was OK. For my last Oceania trip in 2013, O sent a separate PDF that is just that page with your information on it. No need to bring the whole booklet or tear out that page. Just print out the PDF file.

You deface the Blue Books??? :eek:

I'm as horrified as I would be if you told me that you deface library books! :p

I'm kidding of course, but as just about everyone's Home Printer is also a photocopier, why not do that and retain that gorgeous blue booklet as a keepsake?

They really are heaven.

Don't worry!

Actually boarding in Southampton a few weeks ago (on Marina) everyone was asked for this prior to getting to the actual check in counters. Trying to pack light, I didn't bring the large booklet that the details are in (oops). Luckily I had a printed invoice in my documents. I'm sure this wouldn't be a huge issue, but the line was pretty long and one might want to not gum up the works so to speak. :)

Only port where I've seen this happen, too.

EDIT: Should have kept reading downwards! :)

Edited by corpkid

There's always a list somewhere at check-in with your name on it.

I just bring the two-page email with the pertinent final information.

And, Jim, I always save my lovely blue booklets and do not deface them!:)

You deface the Blue Books??? :eek:

I'm as horrified as I would be if you told me that you deface library books! :p

I'm kidding of course, but as just about everyone's Home Printer is also a photocopier, why not do that and retain that gorgeous blue booklet as a keepsake?

They really are heaven.

Yep, it's all pulled apart. I'll get all of that info on the ship, and it's just too much stuff to take with me after I print out all my notes and stuff to take.

When I get home I'll have my photographs and my memories - that's enough! And no, I don't bring home copies of the Currents! There is way too much saved stuff in this house....I'm trying to simplify and de-clutter.

Yep, it's all pulled apart. I'll get all of that info on the ship, and it's just too much stuff to take with me after I print out all my notes and stuff to take.

When I get home I'll have my photographs and my memories - that's enough! And no, I don't bring home copies of the Currents! There is way too much saved stuff in this house....I'm trying to simplify and de-clutter.

Now you are making me feel guilty. Yes, I have a file folder from each cruise that includes the blue booklet and every issue of the Currents plus all the port maps. At least the latter are very useful when we return to the same port on another cruise! :)

Same here. One gets to the age when you throw out stuff rather than saving more and more. Same goes for clothing, handbags and shoes. I throw out one old item per day.:D