Sun Dresses

Do any of you ladies where sundresses for the entire cruise? I love them and it seems it would be easier than trying to figure out outfits for each day and would make the packing easier and lighter which makes for a happier husband. This is my first cruise and we are going on Carnival. Just trying to figure out if I really need to bring more than one pair of shorts. I figure shorts and a tank top for port days with my bathing suit, and sundresses and maxis for the rest of the cruise. What do you ladies wear? :)

I discovered during my last cruise that I was much more comfortable and relaxed if I spent my days in a sundress or cover-up. I also noticed that for dinner I gravitated more toward dresses than separates because it was more convenient to throw on a dress and go. For my next cruise I'm going to be looking for dresses with pockets, since I'd like to have a place to put my Seapass card without having to take a wristlet everywhere or make my BF hold it.

Sundresses are very easy. You can wear them at dinner. They work better with my bathing suit (tankini with skirted bottom) than shorts. The neckline tends to be lower than a t shirt so you can tan all day in port :)

... and hope there is no strong wind outside on the days at sea :D

I love to wear sun dresses and to avoid that dreaded " thigh rub" and those unexpected gusts of wind...wear bicycle shorts or similar underneath. I find this outfit much cooler and really is seeing a pair of knickers any worse than bikini bottoms.... ;)

Cheers and enjoy your cruise

Edited by huggs

Um, no. I take sun dresses on every cruise. I've learned to avoid dresses with a large skirt. I have quite a collection of sun dresses with a more fitted skirt. I also wear a half slip.

Agree. I will also wear a thin pair of leggings underneath with certain dresses. Love sundresses, hate capris :D

I have a ton of dresses and most are fitted or are maxis so I don't think the wind will be a huge issue. Those that I fear will fly up I will just make sure I have a bathing suit on, bicycle shorts and a half slip. Just the thought of wearing capris or shorts and trying tool find tops that don't make me look paunchy makes me sad.

I put on my bathing suit EVERY morning on a cruise no matter what day's plans are. If its a day at sea I just wear a cover-up over it until I change for dinner. If we are going ashore I wear shorts and a top over the bathing suit. (we go to beaches then I can swim.)

I only bring sandals, white and navy heels, 3 pairs of shoes- don't need any more. My husband and I only take one carry-on size suitcase each that will fit in the scanner when you get on board. We have taken these with 14 day and B2Bs. But we still will come home with something we didn't wear!

I put on my bathing suit EVERY morning on a cruise no matter what day's plans are. If its a day at sea I just wear a cover-up over it until I change for dinner. If we are going ashore I wear shorts and a top over the bathing suit. (we go to beaches then I can swim.)

I only bring sandals, white and navy heels, 3 pairs of shoes- don't need any more. My husband and I only take one carry-on size suitcase each that will fit in the scanner when you get on board. We have taken these with 14 day and B2Bs. But we still will come home with something we didn't wear!

I envy your restraint! That's my plan this time- pack waaaay less.

I am a massive fan of maxi dresses and skirts and brought 12+ on our cruise last year (12 day cruise). This year I am going somewhere hotter for 13 days so will probably take as many as airline weight limits permit.

I can remember walking around deck 10/11 with dresses on and wind not being a huge issue (Baltics).

Best thing about maxi dresses is you can dress them up or down so they serve as 2 outfits in a way.

I almost always wear dresses. I do wear bike shorts underneath if I'm not wearing it over my swimsuit to avoid chafing/wind.

It's so much cooler than shorts imo. But I love dresses in general and where them a lot at home too.