O Shanghai air help

zoncom

On Insignia WC segments April 11.15, Shanghai-LA. Not using my usual TA, new one not the best . I am Star Alliance so prefer the miles. She asked me for my choices. I will have deviated air from Aspen. Anyone know what lines I get to choose from? No UA please. How far out does O air get booked? After final payment? I am an E guaranty. Looks like Singapore, Cathay, Air China belong. Any info from you experts? Thanks in advance.

Once you advise Oceania that you want to deviate- early arrival at departure port &/or stay at end of cruise O will provide you with air proposal. If you accept, you pay the deviation fee. If you suggest a routing, O may accept or not. You may also owe Oceania a surcharge, in addition to the fee for "custom arrangements." You should also research the air credit and actual costs if you book those arrangements yourself.

Everything must go through your TA.

Once you advise Oceania that you want to deviate- early arrival at departure port &/or stay at end of cruise O will provide you with air proposal. If you accept, you pay the deviation fee. If you suggest a routing, O may accept or not. You may also owe Oceania a surcharge, in addition to the fee for "custom arrangements." You should also research the air credit and actual costs if you book those arrangements yourself.

Everything must go through your TA.

To phrase this situation in another, perhaps simpler way:

When a Passenger requests a Deviation, they may suggest an Air Route to Oceania. The Cruise Line responds with a proposal for what that Route will cost.

At that point, the Passenger may either accept the Route (at which point the non-refundable Deviation Fee kicks in), or, a new Route may be requested.

This process continues, until a meeting of the minds occurs.

Oceania reserves the Flights at the point when the deviation fee is paid, but the actual airline tickets are not purchased by them until after the Cruise Fare is paid in full.

Edited by StanandJim

Thanks,Was mainly interested in which Star Alliance lines but UA I can use, They want extra$175 for Singapore sorry to say.

The $175 sounds like the deviation fee that you pay for any deviation no matter the airline. Even if the $175 is in addition to the deviation fee, that is a really good deal to fly Singapore Air Lines.

The $175 sounds like the deviation fee that you pay for any deviation no matter the airline. Even if the $175 is in addition to the deviation fee, that is a really good deal to fly Singapore Air Lines.

+1 although it's dangerous how often I find myself agreeing with Rallydave, these days.

On a deviation you can book 270 days out and request airlines..Deviation itself is $175 per person NON - REFUNDABLE..if there is an extra charge you can ask them to look futher..until you find something you are happy with with no upcharge except the $175 per person..

Jancruz1

On Insignia WC segments April 11.15, Shanghai-LA. Not using my usual TA, new one not the best . I am Star Alliance so prefer the miles. She asked me for my choices. I will have deviated air from Aspen. Anyone know what lines I get to choose from? No UA please. How far out does O air get booked? After final payment? I am an E guaranty. Looks like Singapore, Cathay, Air China belong. Any info from you experts? Thanks in advance.

Because on miles, only UAL will give you business or first class . Cathay is not in the program Air china will make you fall down and worship UAL.

I fly regulary UAL to aisia and its great... never had a problem in 20 years.

Singapore will not open up any seats for other than coach, which is the case of most all others its coach or walk.

From Aspen I would drive to Denver... as a way more practical approach in time and money