Cancellation, Refund - and Disappointment

almostnewtocruise

Hi !

I am sure that you will ALL be happy to hear that I got an answer - and a very positive one too!

It didn't come from L. P. himself, but from somebody high enough (I presume) in the AZ hierarchy to deal with decisions of this kind. They recognized the very "special circumstances" of our case and "to prove their dedication towards excellent service" they are granting us back our penalty payment - as a credit towards future cruise on Azamara!

(there are some restrictions to this future use - but we can "live with them "- easily and gladly! :))

I know that my TA worked hard for us to achieve this outcome .. and that they were others who also put in a good word for us.

And then I really want to say thanks to this community!

I don't know it for a fact, but I am sure that the support and sympathy we got here must have helped. There is this "something" in the ambiance of the AZ ships that trickles to their fans - and makes these forums so helpful..

So thank you all - those who posted here - and those who wrote me privately ..

And see you soon on future great cruises!! :):):)

Miriam

Great to hear

They do read these boards

Your TA did a great job.

Last update..

We've just booked our 'instead cruise" - a TA on the Journey in April 2015.

Instead of a verandah we'll now have to settle for an 'inside'..

AND (sigh) we still need to add about $1500... :o

BUT.. we'll be able to enjoy 16 (!) days of Azamara.. most of them at sea (just 3 ports)..

Hopefully this time this will happen! :)

BTW.. no matter what, I still can't see our cabin number on our reservations online.. Has anyone managed to resolve that problem?

Miriam

Last update..

We've just booked our 'instead cruise" - a TA on the Journey in April 2015.

Instead of a verandah we'll now have to settle for an 'inside'..

AND (sigh) we still need to add about $1500... :o

BUT.. we'll be able to enjoy 16 (!) days of Azamara.. most of them at sea (just 3 ports)..

Hopefully this time this will happen! :)

BTW.. no matter what, I still can't see our cabin number on our reservations online.. Has anyone managed to resolve that problem?

Miriam

We are on that cruise also! Looking forward to meeting you. Glad all worked out.

we're on this cruise too (our first on Azamara cruise) So happy things worked our for you Miriam.

Please sign up on the cruisecritic roll call. I believe you need about 20 ?? or so on the roll call to have the "Meet & Mingle" party pre-arranged by Azamara.

Edited by petlover

we're on this cruise too (our first on Azamara cruise) So happy things worked our for you Miriam.

Please sign up on the cruisecritic roll call. I believe you need about 20 ?? or so on the roll call to have the "Meet & Mingle" party pre-arranged by Azamara.

Officially you need 25 people for Azamara to host a party. In practice they hold a very nice event regardless of the number of people who sign up.

Marcie and Marylou - thanks for the welcome! This will be our 7th AZ cruise, but a first TA on a such a small ship. And we've never done so few ports! So - on one hand I am very excited about it.. On other - a little apprehensive.. :)

I found the relevant roll call.. registered .. and was quite surprised to find that there are already 21 people there. In my experience that's quite a lot for AZ at such early stage! :)

Not that the number matters.. As spursgirl said - they will hold a nice party even with less than the "minimum' 25..

Miriam

Marcie and Marylou - thanks for the welcome! This will be our 7th AZ cruise, but a first TA on a such a small ship. And we've never done so few ports! So - on one hand I am very excited about it.. On other - a little apprehensive.. :)

I found the relevant roll call.. registered .. and was quite surprised to find that there are already 21 people there. In my experience that's quite a lot for AZ at such early stage! :)

Not that the number matters.. As spursgirl said - they will hold a nice party even with less than the "minimum' 25..

Miriam

We did the crossing on Quest in May. It was a bit rocky for the first two days, although I have experienced much worse sailing down the east coast from Baltimore on a larger ship. The Captain did a wonderful job of outrunning a storm that was following us and most of the trip was smooth. We did have a few more ports on that sailing, but we were enjoying our sea days so much, we were almost disappointed when we arrived in port.