Cruising Today 8/9/14 CHEERS

Bases5

Thanks for the info Jamman54 and remember your son is with you in spirit!

Thank you for your kind words. There is no doubt in our minds that he is with us, as he has given us a few "signs" that he is here, which I'll share when I do my reviews. :)

BTW, hitting the break even point with cheers each day is soooooooooooo much easier now! They are just about begging you to buy it!!! :D

Edited by Jamman54

No problem. I was just checking my emails anyway. I just confirmed with my favorite bartenders at the Versailles aft pool bar, that according to them, nothing has changed except the price. You can still purchase Cheers on the 2nd day. No tax is charged except for the local taxes charged while the ship is still at the embarkation port, and is only charged on the drinks you order while still in that port. For me, while still at Port Canaveral, it was 30 cents a drink. Hope this helps. Heading to the Blackjack tournament now. BTW, we will be in Grand Turk with you on Friday. I always strive to get cabanas 9 or 10 at Margaritaville. Stop by and say hello.

Are they still doing the match play on Classic Cocktails?

Glad to hear this some people on CC are saying Carnival done away with it.

Some ships aren't giving receipts for drinks. Ran into this on the Conquest. Had to specifically ask for it.

(I pay as I go.)

Edited by SadieN

Some ships aren't giving receipts for drinks. Ran into this on the Conquest. Had to specifically ask for it.

(I pay as I go.)

Very true. No receipts unless you ask, but most bartenders are good about giving you the reciepts when you order a classic without asking.

no that is not correct The $300 = is for 8 days

It's $37.50 per day X 7 = $262.50 plus 15% grat. It'a $301. pp for 7 days.

This is the same information I received from my PVP.

I used the Cheers program last year on the Paradise; even at the old higher pricing we ended up saving money. At that time the "break even point" was roughly 6 drinks per day. I intend use the Cheers program on the Valor in September. Even though the itinerary is port intensive, with the new pricing the "break even point" is only 4-5 drinks per day. No tax on the program except on the drinks you get while in a U.S. port. I know that on the Paradise they were selling the Cheers program on the second day, but with the new pricing changes they may or may not still be allowing that. (I signed up first thing when we boarded, since it was one less thing to think about; and got my vacation underway. :D )

When you consider that the Cheers program also includes soda it won't be hard to break even or come out ahead. :D

I just called Carnival to ask about the Cheers program new pricing, and leaving Texas and purchasing on the second day. The gentleman did not even know how I came up with the 37.50 price per day pp. :confused: He said he had no way of being able to tell me whether or not I would be charged for the whole 7 days or only 6 days. Very frustrating!!!! I was told the only thing I could do was wait until we got on the ship to find out.

Thanks for the conformation I was wondering how the service is with the Cheers program. Do the waiters tend to avoid you after they find out you have it?

Not at all. While we have not done it yet (we are doing it in December on our next cruise) we have had people in our group do it and they got the same attention as the rest of the group.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Can someone on a cruise, or just back from a cruise verify that it is still 15 drinks per day....I know that is what it still says on the website, but a friend just got back off the Liberty and he said it was only 10 drinks per day with the new pricing plan.

Can someone on a cruise, or just back from a cruise verify that it is still 15 drinks per day....I know that is what it still says on the website, but a friend just got back off the Liberty and he said it was only 10 drinks per day with the new pricing plan.

If they changed it to 10 drinks per day I won't be purchasing it!

I think changing the amount of drinks per day might be a deal breaker for a lot of people! I hope they haven't as I like the option of knowing that I have 15 drinks per day (even though I don't use all 15). It's nice to know that if I dislike a drink or 3 it's not going to have a huge impact on my drink tally for the day!

Freedom b2b Sept 2014

Splendor Jan 2014

Breeze Sept 2013

Imagination Sept 2013

Triumph Sept 2008

Pride Sept 2007

Miracle Sept 2006

I'm back!!!!

Having cheers definitely made me drink more

I was charged tax only on the drinks I got in NY port

I had to pay for my drinks and then buy cheers after 7 and the drinks I brought were comped

It's still 15 drinks a day

Edited by missy428

I'm back!!!!

Having cheers definitely made me drink more

I was charged tax only on the drinks I got in NY port

I had to pay for my drinks and then buy cheers after 7 and the drinks I brought were comped

It's still 15 drinks a day

What was the per day/per person charge? Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just went to Carnival.com FAQ and typed in Cheers and the Aug. 8 pricing is showing now. Does not say anything about SEASONAL now.

Using the CHEERS! beverage package, guests can enjoy a wide variety of wine, beer and spirits (including cocktails and frozen drinks), along with sodas and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails throughout the voyage at one convenient flat rate plus tax and a 15% gratuity added at the time of purchase of the package.

3 day $55 per person/per day

4 day $45 per person/per day

5 and 6 day $42.50 per person/per day

7 days and longer $37.50 per person/per day