Husband vs Wifes points

Here is a quick question for the trifecta of knowledge (Bob, Patti, Carol). My wife has the ability to cruise more than I and often cruises solo. Technically she has more points than I, but when I log into C&A we have the same. I understand that part. if I somehow went solo (like that would ever happen :rolleyes:), would her cruise points increase like mine have these last few years. I used to think that mine would just get absorbed into the inflated amount I now have, but not sure anymore. thanks in advance

Here is a quick question for the trifecta of knowledge (Bob, Patti, Carol). My wife has the ability to cruise more than I and often cruises solo. Technically she has more points than I, but when I log into C&A we have the same. I understand that part. if I somehow went solo (like that would ever happen :rolleyes:), would her cruise points increase like mine have these last few years. I used to think that mine would just get absorbed into the inflated amount I now have, but not sure anymore. thanks in advance

Each person accumulates their own cruise points, and Royal keeps track of each person's actual cruise points. However, if you are linked with someone, the website shows the number of points of the person who has the highest amount.

For example, if you have 50 points and your wife has 100 points, then each of you will show 100 points on the website. If your wife moves up to 107 points, then your account will also show 107 points. If you then move to 57 points, each account will still show 107 points.

Edited by clarea

Will have benefits according to highest persons level but each actually has their own points which royal keep track of

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Each person accumulates their own cruise points, and Royal keeps track of each person's actual cruise points. However, if you are linked with someone, the website shows the number of points of the person who has the highest amount.

For example, if you have 50 points and your wife has 100 points, then each of you will show 100 points on the website. If your wife moves up to 107 points, then your account will also show 107 points. If you then move to 57 points, each account will still show 107 points.

That is also how I understand the system should work.

But..

There was a post on here within the past week or so where someone's daughter (with less points than the parents) went on a cruise with friends and the parents did receive the points for the cruise the daughter took.

Who knows what will happen with their IT dept.:eek:

But..

There was a post on here within the past week or so where someone's daughter (with less points than the parents) went on a cruise with friends and the parents did receive the points for the cruise the daughter took.

Unbelievable.:confused: I missed that one.

My wife cruises more than I do. She has some 120 more points than I do, and when onboard, if the Hotel Director were to bring up my points, he/she sees that I have only so many points.

I have learned to book every cruise in her name, which quickly dispels any question of points.

She is the Queen of the house..........and cruising.:D

So, catch this. Since I'm working on a remodel, my bride is headed off for Galveston and the Navigator this weekend. For her cruise, in a JS, she gets 21 points. Then next Sunday I join her, and together in the same cabin, we both get 14 points. So.......now she is another 21 points ahead of me.

With her, I'm Pinnacle.........without.........well........I'll leave that to your imagination.:D:D

Rick

OK I remembered that it was posted but to actually remember what thread it was posted in that's amazing.:)

When you know what words to enter into the Search Function, anything is possible!!:p

But, if you want to think I have an amazing memory, that's OK too!!:o

I have no idea where my family are:D

I started cruising first, DD comes on every cruise, but DH missed one or two. No matter how I try to pull up DH points we can't see. They said it was a glitch:rolleyes:. I gave up counting. Providing mine work I'm happy:D (I'm nice enough to share;))

Yes, that is an excellent explanation.

But..

But marci answered that person this way, and I agree with her:

"That shouldn't have happened, but I wouldn't question them or they may take the points away.

Significant others share cruise points. Children and adults do not. Minor children should get your status only, not your points. Adult children will have to earn their own points towards their next status, based on the points they earned themselves."

I think we should plan a guys cruise. And several B2B's so that way we can pass our partners' in the cruise point category.

Anyone with me - crap what should I pack :o

This is a great idea, let me see if I can get her to pack my bag for me...hahaha ya right!

Besides who would I dance with.....:rolleyes:

I am Platinum and my wife is a first time cruiser. Will we both get points for the cruise?

What about the perks? Are they applicable to both of us?

Yes, you will both get points for the cruise. She can sign up for C&A with the Loyalty Ambassador on board. There will be forms to fill out at the LA's desk, and a place to drop the form.

No perks for her, but she is only missing the "coupons" on her SeaPass card. You may ask, but they are unlikely to care if she accompanies you to the C&A party/parties. That's about it for perks. ;)

Yes, you will both get points for the cruise. She can sign up for C&A with the Loyalty Ambassador on board. There will be forms to fill out at the LA's desk, and a place to drop the form.

No perks for her, but she is only missing the "coupons" on her SeaPass card. You may ask, but they are unlikely to care if she accompanies you to the C&A party/parties. That's about it for perks. ;)

There are other Platinum perks like Priority check in, Robes in room, Departure lounge, Trivia, Meet the stars, Parties etc. How would that play out?

There are other Platinum perks like Priority check in, Robes in room, Departure lounge, Trivia, Meet the stars, Parties etc. How would that play out?

They will let you stay together for check-in and departure. Other perks are ship dependent.

I think we should plan a guys cruise. And several B2B's so that way we can pass our partners' in the cruise point category.

Anyone with me - crap what should I pack :o

Woo hoo! I know how to pack. I will email all that are coming a packing list.

I have a feeling that the houses we live in might have different locks when we return. :p

...There was a post on here within the past week or so where someone's daughter (with less points than the parents) went on a cruise with friends and the parents did receive the points for the cruise the daughter took...
If you are referring to http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2080309 I see nothing there in Post #29 or elsewhere where the person who got their daughter's points says that the daughter had less points than the parents. I know that significant others (does not have to be spouse) are listed with the higher point count of the couple (even though RCI keeps an actual point count for each person, but does not show it). I don't know how points are listed for children /parents. Is it true that minor children listed points are just their points? I certainly think that after they turn 18 their listed points will be just THEIR earned points, but before 18 do their listed (not earned) points show their's or the highest of their's or their parents'? Should be easy for someone whose children are still minors (and whose children have fewer cruises than the parents) to give a definite answer (okay, assuming that RCI IT hasn't messed it up:cool:).

Thom

I hae minor kids and recently called C&A about checking on their points. They both have my status (D) but their points are what they themselves have earned through sailing. I took a few before they came along, and have done a few without them in the last few years, so my point count is higher. However, their status matches mine.

I was told that when my older one turns 18, he will retain whatever status I have earned (since he actually sailed after I turned D...this is an important fact), BUT his point count will stay at what he himself earned through sailing.

The above fact about sailing after reaching a new level is important. If you as a parent reach a new loyalty level, your minor child MUST sail at least once at that level before turning 18 or they will not be granted the level upgrade. I guess the child has to actually be "awarded" the level since you only move up after completing a sailing and upon sailing again.

I hae minor kids and recently called C&A about checking on their points. They both have my status (D) but their points are what they themselves have earned through sailing. I took a few before they came along, and have done a few without them in the last few years, so my point count is higher. However, their status matches mine.

I was told that when my older one turns 18, he will retain whatever status I have earned (since he actually sailed after I turned D...this is an important fact), BUT his point count will stay at what he himself earned through sailing.

The above fact about sailing after reaching a new level is important. If you as a parent reach a new loyalty level, your minor child MUST sail at least once at that level before turning 18 or they will not be granted the level upgrade. I guess the child has to actually be "awarded" the level since you only move up after completing a sailing and upon sailing again.

Yes this is correct.

I also rang C&A to find out DD points. I was trying to see if I could somehow see on line. I was told as she is a minor she can't have her own login to see, so if I want to check on her points I have to call in, and as soon as she turns 18 she can log in herself on her own account.

She will retain whatever status we are at the time (with the exception of pinnacle - if we are there by the time she turns 18 she will remain d+) :D and will only make pinnacle herself at such time she has accrued enough points in her own right.