Disembark Freedom at Port Canaveral and make 11:45 flight out of MCO. Feasible?

Hello, you will get different opinions on this, crucial question though, is your flight domestic or international? if it's domestic I would say it's do-able, as long as you do self disemark and get on your shuttle nice and early. When we have been at MCO early in the morning the security lines have not been that bad. Is there an option to take a later flight? if so you might want to consider going later and enjoying the last day of your vacation in the Orlando or Daytona area and not have the rushing about to do.

Make it yes, possibly. Would I do it, no, too many possibilities of not making it in time for me. You just finished a relaxing cruise, you have to return to normalcy soon, why rush.

I have done that exact time before and made it but it also made me a nervous wreck. We had a 2:00 flight once we barely made due to a deadly crash on the beachline that caused a long backup and had to take back roads to get to the airport.

Too risky for me after that episode.

Again, you can make it, many have, and many will post that here. You will have to decide what fits best for you.

Good luck.

Tim

Glad to see your response Bob. I am in this situation in Nov because JetBlue moved my flight up 23 minutes and refused to reschedule it. Our group is self disembarking with a shuttle scheduled to pick us up at 9 am.

Glad to see your response Bob. I am in this situation in Nov because JetBlue moved my flight up 23 minutes and refused to reschedule it. Our group is self disembarking with a shuttle scheduled to pick us up at 9 am.

Can you move the shuttle to 8:00 am? That would give you a better cushion.

I've done 11:30am flights after Monarch cruises using a low luggage tag number. We would be able to catch the 8:30am shuttle and be at the airport before 9:30am.

I'd try to get an earlier shuttle ride if possible. If you self-disembark, you may be waiting for your shuttle for 60-90 minutes. I'd not feel comfortable burning all that time at the terminal just waiting. Much rather be at the airport all checked in and waiting.

Well I'm kind of stuck. JetBlue told me that if I wasn't going to make the flight I should call and cancel before the flight took off and it would cost me $50 to go standby. I also have trip insurance. I can't obsess about this. I'm sure I will get back to Boston the same day.

Well I'm kind of stuck. JetBlue told me that if I wasn't going to make the flight I should call and cancel before the flight took off and it would cost me $50 to go standby. I also have trip insurance. I can't obsess about this. I'm sure I will get back to Boston the same day.

I think the point is self disembark (which you said you're doing) should get you off the ship ~7am. Why have the shuttle pick you up at 9? That's a lot of time waiting at the RCI terminal. Wouldn't it be better to have the shuttle pick you up at 7:30 or 8? That's an extra 60-90 "just in case" and the best case is you're killing time at MCO.

What shuttle are you using Carol?

I think the point is self disembark (which you said you're doing) should get you off the ship ~7am. Why have the shuttle pick you up at 9? That's a lot of time waiting at the RCI terminal. Wouldn't it be better to have the shuttle pick you up at 7:30 or 8? That's an extra 60-90 "just in case" and the best case is you're killing time at MCO.

An early shuttle would work with a cruise on Freedom or Enchantment since both of those ships get in early. With the repositioning cruise for Explorer, I wouldn't schedule a shuttle before 9am since that ship isn't due in until 8am.

An early shuttle would work with a cruise on Freedom or Enchantment since both of those ships get in early. With the repositioning cruise for Explorer, I wouldn't schedule a shuttle before 9am since that ship isn't due in until 8am.

That's an important factor I had not considered.

Sorry Carol, I didn't realize we were talking about the repositioning cruise. Since that's not a closed loop cruise, there may also be a longer CBP process. Now I understand why you can't get an earlier shuttle.

I have an 11:56 AM flight from MCO to EWR after our Freedom cruise ending the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I have a rental reservation, but mom is insistent on me getting a private car service to bring us back from port to MCO.

So, do you all really think I need to have the car get us at 8:30 AM for an almost noon flight? I know we have to get off the ship, and there is always customs at the port and then security at MCO, but I somehow keep thinking I'd rather not be sitting at MCO for 2.5 hours waiting for our flight.

But I guess since we have to get off, we might as well just be on the way.

I have an 11:56 AM flight from MCO to EWR after our Freedom cruise ending the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. I have a rental reservation, but mom is insistent on me getting a private car service to bring us back from port to MCO.

So, do you all really think I need to have the car get us at 8:30 AM for an almost noon flight? I know we have to get off the ship, and there is always customs at the port and then security at MCO, but I somehow keep thinking I'd rather not be sitting at MCO for 2.5 hours waiting for our flight.

But I guess since we have to get off, we might as well just be on the way.

I would be fine with using one of the shared shuttles, such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle or Travelynx, as long as they would be able to leave for the airport no later than 9am.

Thanks. Since the OP mentioned Freedom, I had assumed (and I generally don't look at tickers) that's what the PP was using.

That's an important factor I had not considered.

Sorry Carol, I didn't realize we were talking about the repositioning cruise. Since that's not a closed loop cruise, there may also be a longer CBP process. Now I understand why you can't get an earlier shuttle.

There shouldn't be any particular CBP difficulties. It's not a transatlantic. It's just coming from New Jersey. ;) :D

I have flown out of MCO a bunch of times. I always dread the huge "bunching" this-is-not-a-line at the beginning of the security process.

Last week, I had TSA pre-check, and it was like night and day. Walked right up and through.

If you have one of the pre-clearance things, you will all be fine.

Without it..............

I have flown out of MCO a bunch of times. I always dread the huge "bunching" this-is-not-a-line at the beginning of the security process.

Last week, I had TSA pre-check, and it was like night and day. Walked right up and through.

If you have one of the pre-clearance things, you will all be fine.

Without it..............

Carol, how did you get this pre clearance? I have heard of it, have seen some special lines at different airports. Mom is 78 and has issues walking so often we are moved to a different line. In NJ, I get United priority boarding so we move through quicker.

We will have a private car service (mom does not like to use shuttles as it's sometimes difficult for her to get up into the vans) so I figure I'll give them our flight time and see what time they suggest picking us up. I'm sure as long as the kids have wifi access at the airport they will be fine if our wait is a bit longer.

Carol, how did you get this pre clearance? I have heard of it, have seen some special lines at different airports. Mom is 78 and has issues walking so often we are moved to a different line. In NJ, I get United priority boarding so we move through quicker. ...

TSA Pre-Check is random for some, and you can apply:

http://www.tsa.gov/tsa-precheck