Cocktail Parties

Acrusa

The evenings vary...I could look back in my Currents newsletters and they are never exact with different cruises. If you are thinking the parties might conflict with dinner reservations they do not. Unless you are 6:00 pm diners. We usually booked 7:30 and could do both.

But think about it, do you really want to get pushed and pulled in a room with 250 +people just for a free drink. Your on vacation, enjoy yourself-relax have a drink with a few people you enjoy.

Rick

Could not agree with you more! While not as packed as happy hour, it is quite a bit to go through for a free drink. :)

But think about it, do you really want to get pushed and pulled in a room with 250 +people just for a free drink. Your on vacation, enjoy yourself-relax have a drink with a few people you enjoy.

Rick

Some of us enjoy the presentations to the top cruisers

YMMD

When they have the party there are free drinks in most bars during the hours of the party. On the last trip Captain made rounds of all bars to say hello so their was not a mob scene .

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

When they have the party there are free drinks in most bars during the hours of the party. On the last trip Captain made rounds of all bars to say hello so their was not a mob scene .

Sent from my XT1032 using Forums mobile app

Yes, we were quite surprised on our cruise when the server (we were not in Horizons) told us there was no charge for the drinks because it was Captain's party night. It was just one of the things that caused us to realize that O was a cut above the mass markets.

Last trip we couldn't even get into the door it was so packed. Since we took the Prestige Package, all the drinks were free, so we went elsewhere for more scenery and some peace and quiet. IMO, seems to be a bigger event for those not on the package than those that are.

I believe on that cruise they only recognized those with 20 or more sailing. Otherwise, they might have been there all night calling names for recognition! :D O won't want to pass out free drinks that long! :rolleyes:

After reading the thread, Just Returned from the Marina, I changed my mind about the Captain's Reception based on these two sentences: "The captain’s cocktail hour is one of the most generous at sea. It starts at 6:30pm until 8pm. Only the most expensive single malts and brandies are excluded. At that event, no shot glasses were used!" So, if I did not have the alcohol package, I would definitely attend!