Celebrity Press Release 8/14/14 - Onboard Bookings

Andy

So Solo travellers pay more..?

Solo traveler only needs to put down what they always have. That has not changed. $100 for Cruise Now, $100 for Cruise Later, or whatever your OBC is for new Instant OBC Cruise Now program.

Counter point. We only book on board, extra OBC plus reduced deposit combinable with an additional perk. What's not to love? :):)

That's what we do as well. We are still booking for itinerary so we usually know what we are going to book before we board. And they are usually well over a year away.

Does anyone have a link to the flyer that shows how much OBC you get with the Cruise Now booking?

I think the amount of OBC was based on the length of the cruise, but to tell the truth, there have been so many changes and additions to the onboard booking programme since last August, I need to see the OBC amounts on paper now, as I'm not clear on the details any more. :p

Thank you Andy for helping get the message out.

This is brand new addition to our program. We now have 3 options for our Guests. At the end of the day, the offers belong to the guests and we want them to have it the way they want.

Cruise Now has two versions. The Cruise Now Instant OBC program is our main program that will be advertised onboard. A few key items have changed. The deposits have become even lower for all staterooms and are now based on the entire stateroom, not per person. Guests will place a non-refundable deposit from $50 to $500 to hold the stateroom regardless of the number of occupants. That's a great benefit when you consider on shore you would normally place up to $1,800 deposit for a Suite with 2 guests. In return, we will match that deposit and give it right back to the guests as an added benefit to spend however they wish while on their current cruise. So the guest doesn't lose out at all. If they are not able to spend the entire onboard credit during the cruise (which i'm sure you can with all the great services and products available) then at the end of the voyage it will be refunded back to them as they choose. And for the next voyage, guests will also enjoy another benefit from our 123go! program. We did this because our guests were wanting the freedom to be rewarded instantly vs. having to wait for their next cruise.

Many guests will want to purchase additional staterooms for their friends and family at home. So we've kept the structure of the old program in place. Guests can purchase up to 2 additional staterooms for friends or family by placing a $100 refundable deposit (Suites extra) and receive up to $500 OBC and 123go! on their next cruise.

And of course we still have our Cruise Later gift program where for just $100 you can give a Celebrity Cruise voucher to anyone of your choosing. They will enjoy up to $200 onboard credit and the ability to combine with another offer on land of their choice.

This is the result of many focus groups with our guests fleet wide and on land. We've adapted our programs to suit their requests and needs. That's Modern Luxury.

To view our program you can go to http://www.celebrityonboardcruisesales.com for the latest offers, terms and conditions, and shipboard flyers.

Thanks for the information. The details you have provided appear specific to your North American guests?

Can we please have, for me - UK terms, and for others such as the other European countries, Australia etc. their specific terms?

What is EVERGREEN??

Hi Riandei,

My understanding of Evergreen : When booking onboard, and if you obtain 123 GO, it stays on your booking, even if you move to another sailing. I'm sure there's a few instances where this may not be the case, like if you move to a Transatlantic sailing, but for the most part, you should be good.

Hope this is helpful !

Does anyone have a link to the flyer that shows how much OBC you get with the Cruise Now booking?

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037573_CEL_Cruise_Now_Form_Future_Cruise.pdf

I think the amount of OBC was based on the length of the cruise, but to tell the truth, there have been so many changes and additions to the onboard booking programme since last August, I need to see the OBC amounts on paper now, as I'm not clear on the details any more. :p

It was in the link provided earlier. Please see above in red.

Thanks HOST ANDY for posting this

And also to CELEBRITY CRUISES for further explaining some of the ins & outs how it will work

I for one like the options...

And as others have said with the NEW Cruise Now program with OBC it is almost lie there is no risk to booking a future cruise while aboard as long as it is before Final Payment... No matter if you take the OBC now (non refundable deposit) or later (refundable deposit)

Very attractive...

And I like that they've kept parts of the old Cruise Later program as well

Nice to have choices !! (And ability to "share" with Friends & Family who are ashore and want to cruise on Celebrity too in the future)

What is EVERGREEN??

As for Evergreen 123GO... Obviously they've added Evergreen to the name to qualify that it is available year round for those booking aboard, vs just the regular 123GO Offers which will come and go during the year for those who don't book while on a ship

Like HOST ANDY I am hoping that the computer coding for Evergreen 123GO will make the perk portable if one finds themselves in a position where they have to cancel / delay a booking made onboard for a later Sailing, Ship or Itinerary.

Cheers!

Hi Riandei,

My understanding of Evergreen : When booking onboard, and if you obtain 123 GO, it stays on your booking, even if you move to another sailing. I'm sure there's a few instances where this may not be the case, like if you move to a Transatlantic sailing, but for the most part, you should be good.

Hope this is helpful !

Hi Andy:

I just called Captain's Club, as I have a Cruise Now booking that I made on board the Solstice in May. I now want to transfer it to a 14-night Mediterranean cruise in October. I am looking at booking an inside cabin at a Loyalty price, and I was told the 123 perk is not portable to that cruise, but that the OBC is. However, the amount of OBC that she quoted me is half of what I remember it being, which is why I'm looking for the flyer that breaks down the available OBC.

Thanks for your help, as always. I just thought I would pass on my experience.

Hi Andy:

I just called Captain's Club, as I have a Cruise Now booking that I made on board the Solstice in May. I now want to transfer it to a 14-night Mediterranean cruise in October. I am looking at booking an inside cabin at a Loyalty price, and I was told the 123 perk is not portable to that cruise, but that the OBC is. However, the amount of OBC that she quoted me is half of what I remember it being, which is why I'm looking for the flyer that breaks down the available OBC.

Thanks for your help, as always. I just thought I would pass on my experience.

I don't think 123 is available for inside cabins. Only OV and above I think.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It was in the link provided earlier. Please see above in red.

Hi Beth:

I went to that source, which has multiple links. I think I scanned through all of them, but could not find the breakdown of how much OBC you received for specific bookings of various types and durations. All I could find is the range of OBC ($50 to $500) repeated over and over.

If you can remember which flyer, specifically, had the details, I would really appreciate it. I must have missed that one. :o

Hi Beth:

I went to that source, which has multiple links. I think I scanned through all of them, but could not find the breakdown of how much OBC you received for specific bookings of various types and durations. All I could find is the range of OBC ($50 to $500) repeated over and over.

If you can remember which flyer, specifically, had the details, I would really appreciate it. I must have missed that one. :o

Try the link again. There are 2 pages - just scroll down to p. 2 and you will see the OBC amount for various types and durations. :) If it still doesn't work for you I will post the whole sheet here. :)

Counter point. We only book on board, extra OBC plus reduced deposit combinable with an additional perk. What's not to love? :):)

I agree. We combine our OBC with 123 Go or Pick Your Perk (we used to choose the BEV package, but starting next year it only makes sense for us to choose the GRAT package as drinks are included in our suite categories). Plus waiting until after the final payment date usually means that the categories of suites that we want are no longer available. Can't run that risk ;)

Thanks Andy for the alert.

We used to book a future cruise certificate or specific cruise each time we cruised, but it became difficult to combine with ever changeable newer perks, took a long time to book..due to reduced future sales staff on bd, mistakes were made by onbd staff, etc. So we stopped doing it,

New program seems more complicated than it needs to be..nothing right now that will entice us to book future cruise on bd..esp. with three already booked...

We'll see how it's working as it unfolds..would rather see fewer deals and perks and and more frills!..

Edited by hcat

Looking at purchasing the "cabin bar setup" for $80.... X website is pretty non specific about what's included. Any purchase recently? What did you get?

I was looking for something like we get on HAL or Princess a bottle of our favorite spirits, i.e, scotch for example, for the cabin.

Looking at purchasing the "cabin bar setup" for $80.... X website is pretty non specific about what's included. Any purchase recently? What did you get?

I was looking for something like we get on HAL or Princess a bottle of our favorite spirits, i.e, scotch for example, for the cabin.

Sorry... thought I was starting a new thread... will do.

I am looking to book a Trans Atlantic cruise for April 2015.

How does this new on-board booking program work for Tran Atlantic cruises?

Sue

I believe the only perk available for any Transatlantic is the on board booking OBC and possibly the shareholder credit.

On the three transatlantic we booked on board in Aqua class we received a $200 OBC. I mention the booking category as the OBC varies from category to category.

This is our first time on Celebrity but we have had a FCC with Carnival. I don't see a down side to any of the offers they made. Correct me if I'm wrong but if I book a FCC and then cancel it, I get my deposit back. If I take the cruise I get by deposit credited to my future cruise PLUS I get an OBC. I don't see a problem here.

Can I do this?

1- Book next years cruise during my upcoming cruise.

2- Pay $500 deposit for next years cruise.

3- Get $500 OBC for this cruise.

4- Purchase Premium Beverage Package on the ship during this cruise.

5- Use my $500 OBC to pay down my Premium Beverage Package on this cruise.

Thanks,

MrJulius