Is a suite worth the extra money?

I don't think anyone can answer that for you. The extra suite perks are definitely nice, but are they worth the price difference? Probably not.

If you really enjoy spending quiet time in your room, the space and amenities are great. If you would rather spend your time out and about on the ship, or in ports, maybe you won't get alot of use out of the extras.

But only you can decide what you can afford, and where your money is best spent.

We were in a GS on Liberty earlier this summer (and on several other RCI vessels) -- our answer will always be "yes" because we really like the extra space and the flexibility provided by the perks. It's great not having to worry about making show reservations or making MTD changes. Also, having the concierge assist with disembarking or with tendering can result in more time enjoying the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think anyone can answer that for you. The extra suite perks are definitely nice, but are they worth the price difference? Probably not.

If you really enjoy spending quiet time in your room, the space and amenities are great. If you would rather spend your time out and about on the ship, or in ports, maybe you won't get alot of use out of the extras.

But only you can decide what you can afford, and where your money is best spent.

Thanks good advice

It all started for us 5 cruises ago when we sailed the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canavral in Grand Suite. We said we would never ever sail in anything but........................

Well Until Allure............................

We said we would never ever sail in anything but an L2

Well until this year...............................................................

We said we would never ever sail in anything but an L1............

Next year on Oasis...............................................................

DH really really scared:D

Sea Ya

We love the suite life.

Edited by Lionesss

It all started for us 5 cruises ago when we sailed the Mariner of the Seas out of Port Canavral in Grand Suite. We said we would never ever sail in anything but........................

Well until this year...............................................................

Next year on Oasis...............................................................

Sea Ya

We love the suite life.

We're in a CLS (L1) on Oasis next week -- we can't wait!

We're in a CLS (L1) on Oasis next week -- we can't wait!

Love it!!!!!!!!!

I thought a grand suite was nice..................WAIT!!!!!

The room

The view

All the outlets

Dinner in room

The up and down bathrooms with showers.

TVs

AHHHHH

Miss them already.

Enjoy, we did.

Sea Ya

We do GS because we like the perks. Got an OS on Serenade because the price difference was negligible, but otherwise it's just too much room for the two of us.

Have decided to only go for the Royal Suite if it's given, or once I learn how to actually play the piano,:p

We think it is worth it. We've had a GS on the Voyager several times and the Mariner a couple of times. We have a Royal Family Suite on our upcoming cruise. We jumped on it when they dropped both the price and the occupancy restriction. It was only $200 more than the GS we originally booked. The price was too good to pass up and we are thrilled to have the 2nd bedroom and bath and huge balcony since we are traveling with our adult son.

After 6 cruises we booked on OS for our seventh cruise. It was our first time in a full suite. We are now hooked! Booked another one for our next cruise! [emoji106] Try it once and decide for yourself. The perks are outstanding!

We did our first JS during our NZ & Transpacific but went back to the D-1 because for the Hawaii to Vancouver they wanted $2,000 more and we wondered what happened to the size of the room. We had always thought a D-1 was a fairly good size until we took the suite for two cruises then it suddenly seemed so small. Will we go a JS all the time, probably not it will all depend on the price but I know DH would like to. Now a GS, doubt we could ever make that leap.

We (me, husband and teenage son) had our first junior suite on Oasis and really liked it...we joked that the walk in closet was big enough to be a second bedroom! I got dressed in there a few times when the BR was occupied and I needed some privacy! We don't spend a lot of time in our room, but the larger balcony, double points and special waiting area to board the ship first were nice perks! We booked another JS on Quantum only because we found one that was cheaper than the one we got on Oasis-couldn't pass that up. Just depends on the deal you find and if you think those perks are worth that extra money! :eek:

Since our first outing with Royal Caribbean in 2003, where we started with an OS on the Legend of the Seas, we have enjoyed everything from a JS to the RS.

Where Royal Caribbean prices the full suites at an appropriate price, we take either a GS, or and OS. Where they don't.....we will settle for a JS, as there is still plenty of space.

One of the main reasons that we enjoy more "real estate" is that in a GS and above, we can close out the bedroom portion, and when my bride wants to nap, I can enjoy reading in the living room, while she sleeps in the bedroom.

There are so many other advantages to having a full suite, but I have written about them elsewhere, and do not need to repeat them here.

We are very fortunate to be able to cruise this way.:)

Rick

Love it!!!!!!!!!

I thought a grand suite was nice..................WAIT!!!!!

The room

The view

All the outlets

Dinner in room

The up and down bathrooms with showers.

TVs

AHHHHH

Miss them already.

Enjoy, we did.

Sea Ya

Thanks! Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sea Ya

We love the suite life.

Sue, the next step is the SLS. If you are stepping up do 1718 first then the next cruise try 1720. They are the same class of cabin, by no means are they the same cabin.

Sounds like you are having a wonderful cruise experience. :D