Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

5 hours ago, MCOguy said:

Sorry, I didn't see your post until now.  As you saw, it was fully operational.

Thanks for the reply. 

And yes, having just gotten off the Independence of the Sea I am happy to confirm that the free men's only saunas (dry and wet) are fully functional! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Currently on Rotterdam. Men’s sauna is a great space for up to six men. Quiet most times I have visited, doesn’t seem to be used much.  Any other sauna users on board?

Glad to hear it is the same set up as Koningsdam and Nieuw statendam. 

Sorry not on now but looking forward to June 24th 3 week Nordic Cruise on Rotterdam.

On 1/8/2023 at 5:07 AM, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Currently on Rotterdam. Men’s sauna is a great space for up to six men. Quiet most times I have visited, doesn’t seem to be used much.  Any other sauna users on board?

Sorry I'm not there and that it's not well attended. Thanksgiving week on Koningsdam was crazy busy, with more than 6 guys most times with plenty of stimulating conversation. Others on this board can attest to that! But the following week was crickets! Wierd...

BTY - Got a survey from Celebrity about their spa facilities asking for suggestions to improve their offering. I blasted them for deliberately NOT including single-sex saunas or other options in their Edge class ships and said I refuse to book any of their new ships until they fix them. Co-ed only does NOT work for me!!! Rant over...

• Like 3

On 1/9/2023 at 12:17 PM, twodjs said:

Sorry I'm not there and that it's not well attended. Thanksgiving week on Koningsdam was crazy busy, with more than 6 guys most times with plenty of stimulating conversation. Others on this board can attest to that! But the following week was crickets! Wierd...

BTY - Got a survey from Celebrity about their spa facilities asking for suggestions to improve their offering. I blasted them for deliberately NOT including single-sex saunas or other options in their Edge class ships and said I refuse to book any of their new ships until they fix them. Co-ed only does NOT work for me!!! Rant over...

Hundred Percent agree with you, this tendency to "take away services," is awful. My son and I are fortunate to have sauna and steam in our home, once you get used to that, it is like part of your routine!

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 8:07 AM, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Sorry not on now but looking forward to June 24th 3 week Nordic Cruise on Rotterdam.

Just now, alexdw said:

Just booked  a 14 day sailing March 3rd on Emerald Princess.

Looking forward to some sauna and steam time with like minded folks.

• Like 1

On 1/9/2023 at 11:17 AM, twodjs said:

We are sailing on the Summit in August.  We’ve sailed Infinity years ago and certainly loved the men’s sauna with large windows. Does the Summit have single sex saunas? Thanks! 

16 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

We are sailing on the Summit in August.  We’ve sailed Infinity years ago and certainly loved the men’s sauna with large windows. Does the Summit have single sex saunas? Thanks! 

Yes, but Celebrity gutted the formerly wonderful sauna in Infinity and Summit and added about 10 cabins in that space. They did install a smaller (no window to the sea) single-sex sauna during their "upgrade" ☹ We're on Summit in mid-May.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, twodjs said:

Yes, but Celebrity gutted the formerly wonderful sauna in Infinity and Summit and added about 10 cabins in that space. They did install a smaller (no window to the sea) single-sex sauna during their "upgrade" ☹ We're on Summit in mid-May.

I think Infinity (along with Constellation) still has the large sauna with window as the planned “upgrade”” was postponed owing to Covid. Millennium and Summit, however, had already been “upgraded” so now have the smaller windowless sauna.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Porkpie421 said:

I think Infinity (along with Constellation) still has the large sauna with window as the planned “upgrade”” was postponed owing to Covid. Millennium and Summit, however, had already been “upgraded” so now have the smaller windowless sauna.

You are correct! Thanks for catching my mistake. Let's hope they NEVER touch the men's sauna on Infinity and Constellation! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, twodjs said:

Such a shame they did away with the saunas that had the windows. So now there's no windows to the sea but they now have windows to the locker room!! We'll be on Constellation for 25 days in October/November so looking forward to some sauna time while there. Don't expect any changes to the sauna before 2025.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, twodjs said:

Thank you! Hate that decision. :(

Just getting settled in for a short 3 day run on NCL Pearl. I took a tour of the thermal suite facility already and it is pretty spectacular. The deck plan on the website would indicate what I have attached and it is still 100% accurate. Looking fwd to spending time enjoying the sauna's incredible views!

Screenshot_20230113-155034.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Just getting settled in for a short 3 day run on NCL Pearl. I took a tour of the thermal suite facility already and it is pretty spectacular. The deck plan on the website would indicate what I have attached and it is still 100% accurate. Looking fwd to spending time enjoying the sauna's incredible views!

Screenshot_20230113-155034.png

Is the men’s area clothing optional? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lovetocruise38 said:

Is the men’s area clothing optional? 

It is my favorite ship spa, along with the Jade and Jewel which have the same layout.

Does Pearl have a large round 4 man hot tub like the other two?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alexdw said:

It is my favorite ship spa, along with the Jade and Jewel which have the same layout.

Does Pearl have a large round 4 man hot tub like the other two?

Just a single hot tub with bubbles in the Pearl men's side of the thermal area.  The coed shared area has several.

Edited by bejwee

7 hours ago, bejwee said:

Just a single hot tub with bubbles in the Pearl men's side of the thermal area.  The coed shared area has several.

That's a shame as the large tub on Jewel and jade is really enjoyable.