Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 3/11/2023 at 2:53 AM, JDB78 said:

Anyone used the facilities on Arvia yet? Pressume it's single sex and possibly all paid for? Was on Ventura last July which had shower room and sauna but steam room was out of action.

I messaged P&O relating to this as I found the steamroomΒ  last year was not working on Ventura and I'm going on Arvia in 3 weeksΒ  time to

There'sΒ  onlyΒ  paid on Arvia thats coed it seemsΒ  Β and its Β£39 for 2 hoursΒ  !

55 minutes ago, tonygcharles said:

I just Β messaged Royal asking about the free suana on RoyalΒ  carribean Adventure, & Explorer of the sea and was told it was not availableΒ 
Is this info correct, Β I've not heard its been removed?

Screenshot_20230313_111644.jpg
Β 

Β 

Bad info. Adventure and Explorer definitely have the free steam, sauna still. I would never trust these chat representatives to have accurate information.Β 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Ships and Dip said:

Β 

Bad info. Adventure and Explorer definitely have the free steam, sauna still. I would never trust these chat representatives to have accurate information.Β 

Β 

Correct, we were on Adventure in October 2022 and these facilities are still there. An early report from someone on board Explorer currently, post-dry dock, indicates they are pretty sure the fitness center was not "amped" out of existence this time around.

Β 

Sadly, these facilities were already removed on Freedom and Navigator in the so-called amplifications done pre-pandemic.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CntPAcruiser said:

Β 

Correct, we were on Adventure in October 2022 and these facilities are still there. An early report from someone on board Explorer currently, post-dry dock, indicates they are pretty sure the fitness center was not "amped" out of existence this time around.

Β 

Sadly, these facilities were already removed on Freedom and Navigator in the so-called amplifications done pre-pandemic.

I was also on Adventure in the fall and can confirm nothing had changed.Β  I don't think Adventure has been in dry dock since.Β 

Deck plans for Freedom show the gym still in place with cabins added on either side. Removing the sauna to make space.

I'd be interested to know if this is the same approach taken on Explorer. If you're friend is still on the ship maybe he can verify. Iet's hope Royal decided to leave the sauna in place.Β 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, huntnewt said:

To get your opinion, is it ok to be nude in a men's only locker room, sauna, hot tub, etc.?

Β 

Well it would be ok as far as I'm concerned. Think you could say anyone who is used to those sorts of facilities, you know it's a possibility when you walk in (what you may encounter). As a courtesy keep a towel with you in case someone does object? The difficulty is if facilities can be used by minors. I know on P&O Ventura the changing room where the sauna was is next to the gym where teens (14+) are allowed to enter. I'm not sure if there were separate rules for sauna use, but I often saw teens and teens with their dads in the sauna. If you're talking guaranteed 18+ audience however then don't see why not unless the rules state otherwise? Not for me personally, but live and let live is generally my motto

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Β 

Well it would be ok as far as I'm concerned. Think you could say anyone who is used to those sorts of facilities, you know it's a possibility when you walk in (what you may encounter). As a courtesy keep a towel with you in case someone does object? The difficulty is if facilities can be used by minors. I know on P&O Ventura the changing room where the sauna was is next to the gym where teens (14+) are allowed to enter. I'm not sure if there were separate rules for sauna use, but I often saw teens and teens with their dads in the sauna. If you're talking guaranteed 18+ audience however then don't see why not unless the rules state otherwise? Not for me personally, but live and let live is generally my motto

Thanks. Just wondering. We cruise Carnival mostly, so don't have experience with P&O.Β 

8 minutes ago, JDB78 said:

Β 

On our last cruise, we had a spa room on Carnival Splendor and I enjoyed being able to use the sauna, steam room, thalassotherapy pool, etc. to relax everyday, so looking forward to doing it again.

On Emerald Princess and yes as I had been informed the men's sauna and steam has been removed.Β 

The deck plans still show it. Disappointed but tries not to let it spoil the vacation but will not be on this ship again and I expect as it is all because of ADA compliance that they will be taking them out of their other ships soon.

Β 

9 hours ago, twodjs said:

Removal because of ADA compliance makes no sense. Are they removing the entire spa or just the men's only area?Β 

The men's and ladies changing room dauna and steam. The Coed spa has been redone with wheelchair access. We got the spa pas but was not worth the money and nobody was ever in there.

Looking forward to our weeks onHAL Rotterdam and it's great sauna with huge window.

10 hours ago, huntnewt said:

Thanks. Just wondering. We cruise Carnival mostly, so don't have experience with P&O.Β 

Go naked in the men's area! A lot of time many of the other folks want to but are waiting for someone else to lead the way. It never fails...one guy finally sits down comfortably and loses the towel in the sauna, suddenly everyone else's towels are gone..

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Go naked in the men's area! A lot of time many of the other folks want to but are waiting for someone else to lead the way. It never fails...one guy finally sits down comfortably and loses the towel in the sauna, suddenly everyone else's towels are gone..

When you say naked, do you have the towel wrapped around your waist or just sitting on a towel and not covering yourself?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, huntnewt said:

When you say naked, do you have the towel wrapped around your waist or just sitting on a towel and not covering yourself?

Everyone's a little different. When out in the main areas or walking around I will typically carry my towel, or perhaps be wrapped in it..Depends..some places have lots of male/female staff in and out etc. Once I hit sauna or steam, i set the towel down on the seat area and sit on it, uncovered...even if there is already someone there in a suit.Β  The only thing that turns me right around and back out - loud talkers who think the sauna is the proper arena to discuss the days sporting game, etc, etcΒ 

Β 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alexdw said:

The men's and ladies changing room dauna and steam. The Coed spa has been redone with wheelchair access. We got the spa pas but was not worth the money and nobody was ever in there.

Looking forward to our weeks onHAL Rotterdam and it's great sauna with huge window.

Sounds like a phoney excuse for eliminating ALL single-sex saunas. So sorry to hear that! They could have just as easily rebuit the single-sex to ADA standards. Let's hope HAL never uses that excuse to do the same. Enjoy Rotterdam!

• Like 1

Just now, twodjs said:

Sounds like a phoney excuse for eliminating ALL single-sex saunas. So sorry to hear that! They could have just as easily rebuit the single-sex to ADA standards. Let's hope HAL never uses that excuse to do the same. Enjoy Rotterdam!

I agree, there was plenty of room, and could easily have been modified.Β 

12 minutes ago, twodjs said:

By not altering the single-sex, they are actually denying those with disabilities the same experience we've enjoyed for years! Shame on Princess!

Hadn't thought of it like that but yes you are correct. Also these only has steam no sauna.

8 hours ago, twodjs said:

By not altering the single-sex, they are actually denying those with disabilities the same experience we've enjoyed for years! Shame on Princess!

You make an excellent point.Β  Someone trying too hard to make things "equal" without careful thought.Β  Rather than make things accessable to everyone,Β  they make them accessable to no one. Sad.Β 

• Like 1

I have just found out that HAL Koningsdam is going to dry dock this month.

After my experience on Emerald Princess where they removed the sauna and steam after a dry dock I am concerned they may do the same.

If anyone is going on the Koningsdam after dry dock please report back to hopefully say that the great sauna is still there.

2 hours ago, alexdw said:

If anyone is going on the Koningsdam after dry dock please report back to hopefully say that the great sauna is still there.

I'm on there May 1. They wouldn't dare touch it! Maybe just spiff it up a bit 😬 I hope........

• Like 2