Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

Where did you hear that? The deck plans still show the sauna and steam room.

This thread is good for the most part, but people also post a lot of incorrect information. 

Someone on here posted it and I googled it and found they were removed for ADA compliance.

I will be on the ship in 2 weeks and would be thrilled if the Info is wrong . I will report back.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Where did you hear that? The deck plans still show the sauna and steam room.

This thread is good for the most part, but people also post a lot of incorrect information. 

I agree that it is good for the most part.I was on the Emerald fairly recently and the deck plans on board were not even changed to reflect the removal of s/steam. I regularly check the deck plans on the Vacations To Go website and they hadn't been changed there either. On the VTG website they will sometimes give upcoming planned changes by giving a deck plan for up to a certain date and also giving the deck plan after that date. But for the Emerald that wasn't done.

2 hours ago, ouse456 said:

I agree that it is good for the most part.I was on the Emerald fairly recently and the deck plans on board were not even changed to reflect the removal of s/steam. I regularly check the deck plans on the Vacations To Go website and they hadn't been changed there either. On the VTG website they will sometimes give upcoming planned changes by giving a deck plan for up to a certain date and also giving the deck plan after that date. But for the Emerald that wasn't done.

They completely removed them both on the Emerald? What did they replace them with? All other ships in that class have the same layout

1 hour ago, natefish95 said:

They completely removed them both on the Emerald? What did they replace them with? All other ships in that class have the same layout

a locker room with 3 showers      I'm not sure what the spa has. I didn't ask. As far as the other ships go, I don't know. I would guess that they would still be ok if they didn't have a recent refurbishment. The Emerald was moored in the Netherlands and was used to house Ukranian refugees. They made the changes after it stopped being used for the Ukranians.

Edited by ouse456

1 hour ago, tonygcharles said:

Just booked to go on 

Celebrity Silhouette 

Do they still have the sauna after the last refurb ? 

I was last on Silhouette in 2021 & it had the male only sauna in the locker room then.
I'm booked again in June so will be annoyed if has been taken away as the facility is important to my cruise.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

Just booked to go on 

Celebrity Silhouette 

Do they still have the sauna after the last refurb ? 

Sailed on her in July 2022 and they still had the free sauna. Sailing again in April so will soon see if they have changed it since then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Celebrity ships, when the refurbishments begin again sometime in the future, the saunas on the remaining M class ships will be moved from their current location starboard with the windows facing the sea to a sauna on the portside with a glass wall facing the locker room. The saunas on the S class ships will remain the same when refurbishments are made. Of course, that is the plan now but it's subject to change.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, STLCRUISIN said:

On Celebrity ships, when the refurbishments begin again sometime in the future, the saunas on the remaining M class ships will be moved from their current location starboard with the windows facing the sea to a sauna on the portside with a glass wall facing the locker room. The saunas on the S class ships will remain the same when refurbishments are made. Of course, that is the plan now but it's subject to change.

Hate to hear that.  Will be on Summit in August and I know the sauna has been gutted.  The M class ships had an awesome sauna with an incredible view. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

Hate to hear that.  Will be on Summit in August and I know the sauna has been gutted.  The M class ships had an awesome sauna with an incredible view. 

Yes, the saunas were awesome. As you mentioned, Summit has been revolutionized and so had the Millennium. We'll be on the Constellation in October/November so looking forward to the original sauna. Enjoy the Summit!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JDB78 said:

Anyone used the facilities on Arvia yet? Pressume it's single sex and possibly all paid for? Was on Ventura last July which had shower room and sauna but steam room was out of action.

I messaged P&O relating to this as I found the steamroom  last year was not working on Ventura and I'm going on Arvia in 3 weeks  time to

There's  only  paid on Arvia thats coed it seems   and its £39 for 2 hours  !

Screenshot_20230311_070114.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 3/11/2023 at 7:04 AM, tonygcharles said:

I messaged P&O relating to this as I found the steamroom  last year was not working on Ventura and I'm going on Arvia in 3 weeks  time to

There's  only  paid on Arvia thats coed it seems   and its £39 for 2 hours  !

Screenshot_20230311_070114.jpg

Thanks for that - obviously P&O going down the route of making the price of the holiday a basic no frills price and trying make the money back by charging for things like that. Shame, as like to do a bit in the gym followed by sauna and shower afterwards. I probably wouldn't have minded buying a package or paying a fair price per use on Arvia but can't justify paying £200-300 just to use the sauna for 20 mins a few times while we're away.

• Like 1