Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 12/3/2022 at 6:27 PM, TigerHorse6290 said:

Just came back from a cruise with MSC Virtuosa and wanted to report that they have a free single sex sauna with 2 showers within the gym changing room. It was very quiet during the entire cruise because very few guests including regular gym goers knew about the changing room/sauna as it is not clearly labelled. IMG_20221125_180319.thumb.jpg.45ed7303bb59f1a3017714b9c6d478c8.jpgIMG_20221125_180251.thumb.jpg.86cfd8004ba178b59cfd273edc0462da.jpgIMG_20221125_180227.thumb.jpg.d20e09be3747857763d8ca19fac65c7e.jpgIMG_20221125_180220.thumb.jpg.5f59775afbb0c1683f489a63ddc81a4f.jpgIMG_20221125_180140.thumb.jpg.d5254fae0a96ded4829120c774110991.jpgIMG_20221125_180122.thumb.jpg.f6e25153ba96c67f0b8a257aa83c55e9.jpgIMG_20221125_180101.thumb.jpg.4db20a36b1d13adf40d91aa2e984b1f9.jpg

The Meraviglia is just like this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Lovetocruise38 said:

What’s your favorite cruise ship sauna/steam and why? 

Cunard Queen Victoria and Elizabeth and HAL Nieuw Statendam, Rotterdam and Koningsdam. Great free saunas with large windows onto the ocean and always found a good group of men for conversations.

• Like 1

Best viewed on desktop or laptop.

Steam/Sauna database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

• Like 3

On 8/24/2022 at 1:58 AM, barry1984 said:

On Brilliance OTS now and they’ve changed the steam/sauna to a “thermal suite” that you need to pay for to access 

Not sure exactly how they enforce this as they are still accessed via the men’s locker room which is open to all.

Very disappointing.

image.gif

Did they check on whether you paid??

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2022 at 10:36 PM, MN Cruiser Dude said:

Just was on the ship.  The sauna and steam room were very popular at times.  Lockers, drinking fountain and showers were all great.  The steam room was insanely hot.  Sauna is moderate size and had 8 guys in it.    It was a very nice setup.   Front room has large changing area with combo lockers, wrap around bench, towels and Straight head was a second room with 2 showers to the left, one to the right.  There is a middle wall that blocks views to the sauna and steam room.  Steam room has a frosted door and the sauna has a tinted door that is transparent.   Attendants clean the area and check the sauna temps throughout the day.  I will def cruise on that ship again.  Bring water!

Thanks for the heads up! Cruiser Dude - Love a nice workout and then to take the steam.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2022 at 12:07 AM, Lovetocruise38 said:

Was on Caribbean princess earlier this summer and yes free unisex sauna and steam. Pretty busy the entire cruise when I would go at varying times. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks LTC - Heading out to see in mid Jan for a 10 day stint to Panama

On 12/3/2022 at 7:17 PM, willcan said:

Any idea why it's only clothing optional for 2 hours a day?

Traditional bathing time in the morning for Japanese men followed by relaxing nude in the rotembro (Japanese bath of super hot water) where men congregate and have a chin wag.

Just booked NCL pearl jan 13-16 !!  I've never sailed with NCL , but have heard good things about the jewel class thermal suite etc on this ship. Has anyone been on it since the refurb in 21?  I added the thermal suite pass. Can't wait!

We were on HAL’s new Westerdam this past August, round trip from Amsterdam. The co-ed spa was very nice, and thalloso-therapy pool the best ever. The men’s changing room had 2 nice showers in an adjacent area to the mens locker and benches (with a door). The men’s private, dry sauna (w/ view to the sea) down the hall, would suit maybe 6 men. The sauna room was rather hot and there were two showers in this private men’s only area as well, which was great for not having to put shorts back on. 

We will be on the Crown Princess September 30, 2023 and looking forward to it. 🙂

On 11/27/2022 at 7:50 AM, JoshuaLifter said:

Agree 100% with you. I do not know why but, the men I meet in the sauna or steam room, the conversations are just so much better, deeper than if we were just sitting in a lounge or bar.

That is why I like to spend some extra time there after the first night, you can sometimes make good cruise friends and go on excursions and as a single dad it is  just its nice to have some adult  buddies to hang with during a cruise. I wish more cruise lines would treat these areas as a social areas that needs to be enhanced, not sometimes tucked away.

When's your next cruise?

On 12/6/2022 at 12:09 PM, MCOguy said:

Going on the Independence of the Seas for the first time next week and looking forward to their free spa area.  Hope to meet some friendly gents, so say hello if you're there!

@MCOguy was the sauna fully operational? I am on this same boat departing this Friday. Thanks.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:33 PM, txbear said:

Hey fellow steamers !!!! Haven’t been on here for a year or two ! Going on the Allure of the sea , march 5 . Anyone know about there layout ?

@txbear I sailed on Allure last year. No separate men's facilities. Only coed shared. See my previous review here: 

On 12/26/2022 at 9:19 PM, willcan said:

What ship was this about?

Was on Caribbean princess earlier this summer and yes free unisex sauna and steam. Pretty busy the entire cruise when I would go at varying times. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks for the feedback LTC - Just booked so it's...Full Steam ahead!