Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

1 hour ago, billybeachboy said:

A friend was on Explorer of the Sea this last week & has confirmed that the free male only facility is still in place & was well utilised- he also sent these images.

Sauna 1.png

Sauna 2.png

Sauna 3.png

This is an EXCELLENT update & great news. Thank you for sharing, billybeachboy!!

This is the original men’s locker room set-up all of the Voyager & Freedom-class ships USED to have, but many have sadly lost. The sauna shown in the pic can easily seat about 10 guys and the steam room accommodates up to about 8.

Well done, bbb!! 🙌🏻👏🏻👍🏻

Edited by GigglewolfOfTheSeas
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, billybeachboy said:

A friend was on Explorer of the Sea this last week & has confirmed that the free male only facility is still in place & was well utilised- he also sent these images.

Sauna 1.png

Sauna 2.png

Sauna 3.png

Ask him if there was actually steam or if it was just a hot room that was humid? I was on it in October and it was as described, no actual steam. Seemed to be on its last leg..

On 5/25/2023 at 2:28 AM, st34 said:

Just back from the Disney Dream transatlantic cruise, my goodness the conversations had in the steam room we’re very informative, great to understand life experience from guys all over the world 

IMG_7151.jpeg

IMG_7152.jpeg

Exact same setup on Disney Fantasy, though there was very little conversation happening there.  I'm heading out on Disney Wish in September and looking at exploring there as well.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tonygcharles said:

Hi

I've  booked to go on Celebrity Infinity next spring 

Do they still have a free sauna?

I'm  assuming theres no free steamroom?

Yes they have a free sauna. I know only the Millenium and Summit have been "revolutionized" where they moved the sauna and locker room from starboard to port. They added additional cabins on the starboard side and the new saunas now have a glass wall overlooking the locker room area. 

The Infinity and Constellation still have the sauna with the great views out the windows. 

None of the Celebrity ships have a free steamroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/25/2023 at 4:28 AM, st34 said:

Just back from the Disney Dream transatlantic cruise, my goodness the conversations had in the steam room we’re very informative, great to understand life experience from guys all over the world 

IMG_7151.jpeg

IMG_7152.jpeg

Thank you so much for the update!

On 5/22/2023 at 2:19 PM, Birmingham Cruisers said:

Hi Guys, anyone have knowledge of the sauna or steam room set up on Saga Spirit of Discovery?

First time cruising with Saga and after a recent disappointing experience on Regal Princess am hoping to enjoy some single sex sauna time. 
Hate having to wear swim shorts in a coed environment. 

Did you ever find out, I really like the design of these new Saga ships!

No info on Spirit of Discovery so far.
We are joining the ship a week tomorrow so I’ll let you know.

I agree that the Saga ships look great and I like the high end all inclusive experience.
Really hoping for some sauna time without the groups of ladies gossiping and giggling like they were on the Princess cruise in April.

A shame all ships don’t offer single sex facilities in addition to the coed ones in the spa.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 4:37 PM, GigglewolfOfTheSeas said:

This is an EXCELLENT update & great news. Thank you for sharing, billybeachboy!!

This is the original men’s locker room set-up all of the Voyager & Freedom-class ships USED to have, but many have sadly lost. The sauna shown in the pic can easily seat about 10 guys and the steam room accommodates up to about 8.

Well done, bbb!! 🙌🏻👏🏻👍🏻

I am so disappointmented with the "shrinking " of facilities, as ships get large I would love to see in increase in the sizes of the wet areas! A large crowd in a sauna or steam is always welcome.

• Like 3

On 6/11/2023 at 2:24 AM, tonygcharles said:

I was on Explorer  last week 

There's  a steam room with a lot of steam working 

Sand a dry  sauna

I found  them to be working  fine

I think some thought  the dry sauna  could  be warmer 

Thank you so much for the update! Mitch

On 6/21/2023 at 3:35 AM, Birmingham Cruisers said:

No info on Spirit of Discovery so far.
We are joining the ship a week tomorrow so I’ll let you know.

I agree that the Saga ships look great and I like the high end all inclusive experience.
Really hoping for some sauna time without the groups of ladies gossiping and giggling like they were on the Princess cruise in April.

A shame all ships don’t offer single sex facilities in addition to the coed ones in the spa.

Please keep me updated, CruiseMsclDad@proton.me. I think this pair of sisters has a truly classic interior design.

4 hours ago, tonygcharles said:

Hi

Looking at booking Norwegian Dawn 

Great deals atm

Is there a free sauna  in the men's  changing rooms?

I'm pretty sure the dawn is a no-go. Check the spreadsheet..

3 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Is that coed or single sex? You left out the critical detail. Looks pretty nice!

My bad! This is in the men's locker room, as far as cost goes I was last aboard 4 years ago and it was free, but not sure if that was because we were in a suite. I did a back to back cruise and utilized this wet area a lot! Met some awesome guys and had some great conversations. Feel free to message me with any questions, CruiseMsclDad@proton.me

Just now, CruiseMsclDad said:

My bad! This is in the men's locker room, as far as cost goes I was last aboard 4 years ago and it was free, but not sure if that was because we were in a suite. I did a back to back cruise and utilized this wet area a lot! Met some awesome guys and had some great conversations. Feel free to message me with any questions, CruiseMsclDad@proton.me

Are you saying that these pictures are 4 years old?  If they are current, the spreadsheet should be updated. 

8 minutes ago, willcan said:

That's great, thanks for posting. Is one of the glass doors a steam room? Is there an extra fee to use this area or is it included?

Yes! one steam and one sauna, I was last aboard 4 years ago and it was free, but not sure if that was because we were in a suite. I did a back to back cruise and utilized this wet area a lot! Met some awesome guys and had some great conversations. Feel free to message me with any questions, CruiseMsclDad@proton.me