Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

2 hours ago, natefish95 said:

Could you try and post a picture of where it says that? Very big change for the sky

They don't publicize it.I was on in June and complained.They said spa not owned by NCL.Mandara can do whatever they want.Now please stop riding me.

1 hour ago, garsny said:

They don't publicize it.I was on in June and complained.They said spa not owned by NCL.Mandara can do whatever they want.Now please stop riding me.

Was just asking for a bit more information and documentation. Chill out dude. 

• Like 1

I've listed the fields from the sauna database below. Feel free to print it or add it somewhere on your phone. The purpose is to have all the needed info in one place for when you are on a ship and doing recon for this thread.

Cruise Line-

Ship-

Steam Room

-Size                sm/med/lg

-Free Entry     Y/N

-Co-ed              Y/N

-Free & NOT co-ed, Y/N

Dry Sauna Room

-Size                sm/med/lg

-Free Entry     Y/N

-Co-ed     Y/N

-Free & NOT co-ed, Y/N

Shower

- How many?

Locker Room

-Size sm/med/lg

-Keyed/ Combo lockers?

Windows Y/N

Other Comments

Date Verified XX/XX/202X

As always...

Database is best viewed on desktop or laptop.

Steam/Sauna database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Thanks 2

On 6/11/2023 at 12:24 AM, bejwee said:

Ask him if there was actually steam or if it was just a hot room that was humid? I was on it in October and it was as described, no actual steam. Seemed to be on its last leg..

On Explorer recently, and these photos are correct. Last renovation saw the wooded sauna door replaced with a solid smoked glass door that is difficult to latch closed.  Steam room seems to have more light than before and there is not much steam. 

My travel companion said the Female steam room is dimly light and has too much steam. 

On 6/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, tonygcharles said:

Hi

Looking at booking Norwegian Dawn 

Great deals atm

Is there a free sauna  in the men's  changing rooms?

I was on the Dawn in 2022 and a female attendant kept coming in the men's area every half hour or so to check the temps on the steam and sauna.  Sometimes they would announce themselves and walk on in or sometimes not.  That would never happen with a man going into the women's area to check.

On 7/18/2023 at 2:38 PM, Matty_Boy said:

Does anyone have any experience of being onboard the HAL Noordam? I wondered what the free saunas were like in the male changing area 

Hollan America has been trustworthy and consistant in placing a free sauna in each ship. Some are in a hallway a little ways away from the lockerroom. Some are in the locker room. I haven't known of any HA ship that does not have or have removed a  sauna.

I was on the Noordam last winter. Sauna is behind the ping pong tables in the hallway. If the fire door is closed they are not visible.

I've added a picture link to the database with the Noordam Sauna. It's the same as on most of the ships.

Edited by ShipWalker

10 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

I was on the Noordam last winter. Sauna is behind the ping pong tables in the hallway. If the fire door is closed they are not visible.

I've added a picture link to the database with the Noordam Sauna. It's the same as on most of the ships.

Thank you so much!! 

I can’t seem to find the picture link 

14 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Is there a way to make the database a sticky or permanent part of this post? It is often hard to find.

41 minutes ago, bejwee said:

Is there a way to make the database a sticky or permanent part of this post? It is often hard to find.

I've got it bookmarked on my computer. Always accessible and no need to search the thread for the link. 

48 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

Do any cruise lines have male massage therapists in their spas?  Does anyone happen to know if Celebrity Summit would have a male therapist?  Thanks! 

Don't think Celebrity have any, I have never come across one, the only Male Therapist I have seen is on Seabourn Encore last year.

5 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

Do any cruise lines have male massage therapists in their spas?  Does anyone happen to know if Celebrity Summit would have a male therapist?  Thanks! 

Years ago, maybe 15 years now, I had a male therapist on a Celebrity cruise but I have only seen female therapists since.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2023 at 2:41 PM, STLCRUISIN said:

Years ago, maybe 15 years now, I had a male therapist on a Celebrity cruise but I have only seen female therapists since.

Years and years ago I was told to always ask for one, I prefer men, and it has been hit or miss, but good to always ask.

Mitch

On 7/23/2023 at 9:37 AM, Spurs Fans said:

On 7/23/2023 at 10:27 AM, LEESRE said:

Don't think Celebrity have any, I have never come across one, the only Male Therapist I have seen is on Seabourn Encore last year.

My favorite cruises have always been on Seabourn, only lucky to have been on 2 so far, and yes both times if I asked  I was able to book a male.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

My favorite cruises have always been on Seabourn, only lucky to have been on 2 so far, and yes both times if I asked  I was able to book a male.

Mine as well...............I've been on three (Seabourn) so far and always got a male if requested. My preference as well.  Cheers!

Does anyone have info on NCL Prima mens locker room and amenities? 

I know the thermal suite is coed and requires a spa pass... I am wondering what the locker rooms are like for the fitness center on Deck 16 forward.

Booked on Jan 26 sailing out of Galveston.

Screen Shot 2023-08-07 at 11.45.04 AM.png