Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

1 hour ago, sauna director said:

How many of the older Princess still have the "free" areas? I think all the gang who enjoy these facilities should ask the cruise lines to put it in writing that we will have these facilities...before booking.

Maybe the lines will take notice that not everyone wants slides and rides.

Mature, retired cruisers are a very large market.

I know for sure Caribbean Princess still has their free sauna and steam. Great place to go and relax. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2023 at 10:51 AM, Lovetocruise38 said:

I know for sure Caribbean Princess still has their free sauna and steam. Great place to go and relax. 

They don't care.The almighty dollar overrules everything.

I just got off Crown Princess couple days ago. Here is a short video tour of men's changing room and sauna. When I use the sauna, usually 3 or 4 people were there. Most of the guests use sauna with a towel or completely naked. This was my 4th time on Crown Princess. I had to say I was a little bit disappointed. Most of the lockers couldn't be locked. In the video you could also see the towels wasn't refilled. On the third day, the dry sauna was out of order. 

@CruisinwithMark also post a video tour of men's sauna for Caribbean Princess. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2023 at 2:11 PM, sauna director said:

Just a note on the "free steam and sauna": If you use the cruise lines deck plans, they may not be up to date. We just experienced the Emerald Princess where the cruise line stated that there WAS free

steam and sauna because they didn't change the plans after a refurbishment. They told us and our agent that the locker room had these amenities. They did not.  

We were on Emerald last year and the free sauna and steam were there. We went again in March this year and they had gone . Very passed pff. All signage on ship and on deck plans still showed them as being there.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bigsquare88 said:

I just got off Crown Princess couple days ago. Here is a short video tour of men's changing room and sauna. When I use the sauna, usually 3 or 4 people were there. Most of the guests use sauna with a towel or completely naked. This was my 4th time on Crown Princess. I had to say I was a little bit disappointed. Most of the lockers couldn't be locked. In the video you could also see the towels wasn't refilled. On the third day, the dry sauna was out of order. 

@CruisinwithMark also post a video tour of men's sauna for Caribbean Princess. 

Hope they don't remove them like they did on Emerald. We were told some BS that it was because they were not ADA compliant.

2 hours ago, alexdw said:

We were on Emerald last year and the free sauna and steam were there. We went again in March this year and they had gone . Very passed pff. All signage on ship and on deck plans still showed them as being there.

The database reported in Dec 2022 & again in Feb 2023 they had been removed.

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 1

Yes, we did the Liberty in the Spring.That's what we are used to! With over 40 cruises under our belts, we expect certain amenities It looks like Princess, RCL ,etc.are going the way of amusement parks.

Since we do not know when ships will be "updated", and we can't depend on the deck plans, I recommend following the google sheet in our forums.

Too bad the cruise lines don't realize that a large amount of cruisers, who have helped build the industry, Now just want to Relax!

While it's nice to have a daily schedule of many events, we are past that...just cruise, eat, exercise and sweat.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2023 at 12:58 PM, ShipWalker said:

The database reported in Dec 2022 & again in Feb 2023 they had been removed.

I did see a comment on here but we had already booked and paid for the cruise and could not change without penalty.

3 minutes ago, alexdw said:

I did see a comment on here but we had already booked and paid for the cruise and could not change without penalty.

I wonder if you could have taken a credit and changed without penalty due to the fact that their deck plans were currently incorrect.

19 hours ago, bejwee said:

I wonder if you could have taken a credit and changed without penalty due to the fact that their deck plans were currently incorrect.

Think that would have been a loosing battle. Not impressed with Princess and will not br sailing with them again.

• Thanks 1

I just noticed some info that some might find helpful. If you go to the Vacations to Go website and then near the top of the page click "ships and ratings" you will find the year of the last refurbishment for many ships (listed by cruise line)  It is not entirely current or accurate. Emerald Princess is one example. It doesn't list the most current date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/6/2023 at 12:18 PM, alexdw said:

Think that would have been a loosing battle. Not impressed with Princess and will not br sailing with them again.

Maybe. Good to know about princess. I sailed with Silversea in August and once was planning to know I won't be returning to that line either. 

Recently returned from a week on Oceania Insignia.

Great free all tiled 9-10 man free steam room in mens locker room. Unfortunately it was very under used only saw two other men in there the whole week.

Edited by alexdw
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexdw said:

Recently returned from a week on Oceania Insignia.

Great free all tiled 9-10 man free steam room in mens locker room. Unfortunately it was very under used only saw two other men in there the whole week.

The food and service are awesome though 👌

52 minutes ago, alexdw said:

I did not havethat same experience. Food was good but not great, staff was good but not as warm as other lines.

That's surprising. I have always found oceania service to be just the right amount of engagement. I want them to be there when I need them but I don't really need any warm and fuzzies from them. I do find that with any cruise line, the management and staff and vibe on individual ships can be better or worse.. I found the food better on riviera than insignia or nautica.  Perhaps your expectations were too high as far as the food? That was probably part of our frustration traveling on silversea. They certainly have lots of marketing as far as how sophisticated their food is supposed to be etc, but fail in execution much of the time.   What line have you found the best food in your experience?

Just checking that database is correct?

I'm  due to go on Jewel summer 24 & Independence later on.

The database said the sauna  is a  part of Thermal suite , and not sure how its payable 

But reading reviews of passages who recently been on them

That its still free , and that theres not even a Thermal suite on either ship ?

Edited by tonygcharles
Word sauna missing