Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

On 7/15/2023 at 6:44 AM, garsny said:

Not free on Sky anymore and nobody there.

Same on the NCL Sun ship. On this small ship, NCL has no Thermal Spa facility (at least not yet) but there is a large Men's locker room with a sauna and a steam room, and it used to be free. But in the past few years, NCL has started charging USD $30 a day to use the locker room. It's not even a Thermal Spa suite - just a locker room with a sauna and steam room. At that price, it's even more expensive than the Thermal Spa suites on board their other larger ships. Maybe they just don't want anyone to use the locker room except for folks who have a spa treatment appointment.

Very disappointed with NCL with their constant search to nickel and dime you every opportunity they can.

2 minutes ago, deepbluediver said:

Same on the NCL Sun ship. On this small ship, NCL has no Thermal Spa facility (at least not yet) but there is a large Men's locker room with a sauna and a steam room, and it used to be free. But in the past few years, NCL has started charging USD $30 a day to use the locker room. It's not even a Thermal Spa suite - just a locker room with a sauna and steam room. At that price, it's even more expensive than the Thermal Spa suites on board their other larger ships. Maybe they just don't want anyone to use the locker room except for folks who have a spa treatment appointment.

Very disappointed with NCL with their constant search to nickel and dime you every opportunity they can.

NCL is very modestly priced, I don't find paying for some extras unreasonable at all. You could certainly pay 3x for a Silversea fare and not feel nickel and dimed 🤷

2 minutes ago, bejwee said:

NCL is very modestly priced, I don't find paying for some extras unreasonable at all. You could certainly pay 3x for a Silversea fare and not feel nickel and dimed 🤷

Even if I can afford a Silversea cruise, I won't want to take it - all inclusive or not. A better (almost) all-inclusive would be Virgin Voyages.

The point is that it's only a locker room that was previously free to use. Would you pay $30 just to use a locker room? Well... maybe you would.

Of course, it's not just NCL that's now charging a fee to use something that used to be free, or cutting back on services, or inflating the prices of everything (way beyond the rate of inflation). Again, maybe not an issue for some of you, but for the rest of us, it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deepbluediver said:

Even if I can afford a Silversea cruise, I won't want to take it - all inclusive or not. A better (almost) all-inclusive would be Virgin Voyages.

The point is that it's only a locker room that was previously free to use. Would you pay $30 just to use a locker room? Well... maybe you would.

Of course, it's not just NCL that's now charging a fee to use something that used to be free, or cutting back on services, or inflating the prices of everything (way beyond the rate of inflation). Again, maybe not an issue for some of you, but for the rest of us, it is.

Justifying the whining by claiming that those who disagree must have different means... that's a funny posture 😂

Entitled consumers are hilarious.. they want the prices to be the same as they always were, yet everything in the world including the insurance, the labor rates, the fuel the cruise ship has to use, food cost etc has gone up. Realistically they should just include everything and raise the rates of the ship to avoid this kind of complaining, but they're trying to make it approachable for those who can't afford it. If they need to raise their bottom line by increasing costs in certain areas, they are sparing those who can't afford a higher fare. Welcome to 2023 👌

On 6/13/2023 at 2:59 PM, Edhug55 said:

I inadvertently messed up the database, can someone please post it again? Does anyone know whether the Queen Elizabeth still has a free steam or sauna? Coed?

Yes, it has a free sauna in the men’s locker room. The steam room, though, is in the spa area, is co-Ed, and is not free. My last time on QE was in early 2023 and I’m heading off again in a few weeks. 

• Like 1

On 8/14/2023 at 9:43 AM, bejwee said:

NCL's pricing has been getting out of hand.  They are not a premium liine but some of their pricing makes me think they believe they are premium. 

Oct 2023:

7 day balcony out of Boston to Canada/N.E. on Royal Serenade of the Seas-$3397 CAD/cabin
7 day balcony out of Boston to Canada/N.E. on Norwegian Pearl- $8299 CAD/cabin

I like NCL better than RCL but not at over double the price.

Edited by cdnmr

On 8/19/2023 at 8:37 PM, cdnmr said:

NCL's pricing has been getting out of hand.  They are not a premium liine but some of their pricing makes me think they believe they are premium. 

Oct 2023:

7 day balcony out of Boston to Canada/N.E. on Royal Serenade of the Seas-$3397 CAD/cabin
7 day balcony out of Boston to Canada/N.E. on Norwegian Pearl- $8299 CAD/cabin

I like NCL better than RCL but not at over double the price.

That's just a few expensive itineraries. I'm going on the pearl in December out of Miami for 9 days and the prices are very reasonable. Screenshot_20230823-103537.thumb.png.7aec54539da6ed660bcc5d2e974e60f2.png

2 minutes ago, iramack said:

What app is that? NCL? Other booking engine?

SM

Not sure if you were responding to my comment immediately above, but that was just a screen shot I took from ncl.com on my phone's browser. I'm pretty excited to get back on the Pearl again!

I just got off the Carnival Venezia. Here's the men's locker room. Nice sauna and whirlpool. You have a another open shower at the left in the whirlpool section.

IMG_4455.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

IMG_6594.jpeg

IMG_6610.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

Edited by mojitos24
error with pictures
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mojitos24 said:

I just got off the Carnival Venezia. Here's the men's locker room. Nice sauna and whirlpool. You have a another open shower at the left in the whirlpool section.

IMG_4455.jpeg

IMG_4454.jpeg

IMG_6594.jpeg

IMG_6610.jpeg

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

Awesome Pics! I was curiouse about this ship, seeing how it departs from NYC!

Thanks! Mitch

MitchSeabornTWL.jpg

• Like 2

On 8/13/2023 at 2:06 PM, sunnyjim said:

Looking forward to trying the mens sauna on Celebrity Silhouette sailing out of Southampton on 9th September - anyone else on this sailing?

Have you been on the Celebrity Silhouette before, what is er wet area like?

Thanks, Mitch

MitchSeabornTWL.jpg

Hi - unfortunately I have not sailed on the Silhouette before, but I have been on the Reflection and Eclipse and I think they are all the same. They are pretty small as per billybeachboy’s post and on some sailings they are well attended and others not so much.

Fingers crossed it will be well used when I am onboard in a couple of weeks time.

On 8/25/2023 at 6:58 AM, mojitos24 said:

IMG_4455.jpeg

Is this the Spa dry sauna or a free one? Is there a free one? (database does not say.)

9 hours ago, sauna director said:

Celebrity has good clean sauna and showers in locker rooms.

I'm on the Equinox right now (until in the morning) and the locker room is clean.  There are three showers and the sauna was well used the entire cruise. Today there was a line waiting on showers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, billys5764 said:

I'm on the Equinox right now (until in the morning) and the locker room is clean.  There are three showers and the sauna was well used the entire cruise. Today there was a line waiting on showers.

It’s good to hear the facilities are being well used. Thanks for the post!

On 8/26/2023 at 4:56 PM, ShipWalker said:

Is this the Spa dry sauna or a free one? Is there a free one? (database does not say.)

It's a free sauna in the men's locker room for Spa and Gym. It's a cloud9 Spa but they don't have a coed thermal suite so it's free.