Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

I was on the Princess version of the R class ships and the steam room was very nice.  Some interesting conversations were had there.

I am going on Oceania Riviera later this month and very much looking forward to the facilities there as well!!

• Like 1

That Princess ship is now Azamara Onward so Azamara and Oceania now have four of these eight ships each. The steam room in the men’s locker room is octagonal giving seven seats (plus the door). On Nautica (one of the Oceania ships) the seat divisions have been removed so that the seating is now one continuous bench. If Insignia has been refitted I guess it will be the same.

The locker room itself is quite small but has two fancy showers and a soft drinks cabinet as well as lockers etc.

15 minutes ago, Porkpie421 said:

That Princess ship is now Azamara Onward so Azamara and Oceania now have four of these eight ships each. The steam room in the men’s locker room is octagonal giving seven seats (plus the door). On Nautica (one of the Oceania ships) the seat divisions have been removed so that the seating is now one continuous bench. If Insignia has been refitted I guess it will be the same.

The locker room itself is quite small but has two fancy showers and a soft drinks cabinet as well as lockers etc.

Yes that's the setup I recall and no "Seat Dividers" were in place back then in Tahiti.

On 8/27/2023 at 7:01 PM, mojitos24 said:

It's a free sauna in the men's locker room for Spa and Gym. It's a cloud9 Spa but they don't have a coed thermal suite so it's free. 

Was the sauna well-used? I have 12 days on the Venezia next month. 

Okay, we're going on the Emerald Princess on 9/9/23. We've been on the Crown and the Caribbean

in the past. Is the steam and sauna still free? On RCL, this past year, we were on the Adventure and Liberty...free till revamp. Celebrity always gives free sauna on older ships. New ships? Covid has been used as an excuse for making all the usual gym benefits "extra". But, if you check out the stock prices and the increased prices for cruises, they could, at least, throw in the usual benefits of a gym.  

• Haha 1

On 9/1/2023 at 2:29 PM, alexdw said:

Heading out on Oceania Insignia this month. Has anyone any info on the men's Steam room?

The steam is in the men's only locker room in the spa, and seats 4 comfortably. It was quiet in my experience but my favorite place to shower vs the room.  Enjoy

• Thanks 1

On 9/1/2023 at 5:16 PM, iramack said:

I was on the Princess version of the R class ships and the steam room was very nice.  Some interesting conversations were had there.

I am going on Oceania Riviera later this month and very much looking forward to the facilities there as well!!

We are going to Bermuda September 20th is that the sailing you are on?

On 9/2/2023 at 7:56 AM, sauna director said:

Okay, we're going on the Emerald Princess on 9/9/23. We've been on the Crown and the Caribbean

in the past. Is the steam and sauna still free? On RCL, this past year, we were on the Adventure and Liberty...free till revamp. Celebrity always gives free sauna on older ships. New ships? Covid has been used as an excuse for making all the usual gym benefits "extra". But, if you check out the stock prices and the increased prices for cruises, they could, at least, throw in the usual benefits of a gym.  

Emerald princess has take. The men's sauna andsteam out of the men's locker room and only facilities sare now in coed spa.

We will not be going on that ship again.

• Like 2

On 8/17/2023 at 11:53 AM, AussieVoyager said:

Yes, it has a free sauna in the men’s locker room. The steam room, though, is in the spa area, is co-Ed, and is not free. My last time on QE was in early 2023 and I’m heading off again in a few weeks. 

Are you on the QE Barcelona to Fremantle voyage?

Database is up and running again!

A big thanks to @CruiseMsclDad for providing me with a .pdf of the database with all the data!

Still some tweaking to do but it is good to go.

A friendly reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Enjoy!

Edited by ShipWalker
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, ShipWalker said:

Database is up and running again!

A big thanks to @CruiseMsclDad for providing me with a .pdf of the database with all the data!

Still some tweaking to do but it is good to go.

A friendly reminder to all users to the database...

Best viewed on desktop or laptop. (using a mouse)

Steam/Sauna Database

As a reminder to all, ANY change you make to the database is auto-saved. There is no temporary change while you are on it. That means if you highlight ships to compare them. It is permanent. If you change the formatting of the data in any way, it stays that way when you exit.

The DB then needs to be cleaned up (not that hard to do) but still takes time.

Enjoy!

What is your suggestion for additions that are not currently on the list?

Silversea Dawn has both mens and women's separate sauna,steam,shower facilities, with a shared coed lounger/snack area. It was definitely used reasonably frequently!  They really made a mistake putting it right under the piano bar, because at 6:00 or 7:00 you can hear them singing and playing right over the spa music. 🤦😂 For several reasons I would likely not sail with that line again, but it was not the worst I have been on.

Edited by bejwee