Men's Spa Facilities on Cruise ships: Which ones do you think are the best?

7 minutes ago, willcan said:

Damn. I was getting excited.  I guess we'll have to wait to hear from someone who has been on her recently. Do you know if the Jade, Gem or Pearl are still a good choice?

I was on the pearl just a couple months ago and it was still intact and excellent.

6 minutes ago, willcan said:

Thanks for the update. Does the Pearl have great free amenities or is an extra fee required to make it worth it? If required, do you know how much the extra fee is?

I bought some sort of a thermal suite pass for the week and it was definitely worth it. Dont recall how much, 150 maybe

I disembarked Celebrity Silhouette today & am pleased to say the FREE single sex sauna is still in place in the mens spa/gym locker room. This locker room is well hidden to the right of & slightly behind the spa reception desk. The facility was well used all week, it is very brightly lit which to me is a little off putting as lighting should be subdued in a sauna. The attendant passed through every 15 minutes or so to ensure all was kept clean & tidy!

See my post no. 1135 in this thread for images.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, billybeachboy said:

I disembarked Celebrity Silhouette today & am pleased to say the FREE single sex sauna is still in place in the mens spa/gym locker room. This locker room is well hidden to the right of & slightly behind the spa reception desk. The facility was well used all week, it is very brightly lit which to me is a little off putting as lighting should be subdued in a sauna. The attendant passed through every 15 minutes or so to ensure all was kept clean & tidy!

See my post no. 1135 in this thread for images.

That's  great news

I'm  joining the ship towards the end of August 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, bejwee said:

The Norwegian Dawn underwent a refurbishment in 2021. I believe these pictures and information are outdated regarding the Dawn.

Those pictures are still accurate. If you look at the deck plan for the Dawn, you can see the thermal suite at the aft on Deck 10. Not free with only a coed area in the center. Sauna and steam room are in the locker rooms, as shown above. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, natefish95 said:

Those pictures are still accurate. If you look at the deck plan for the Dawn, you can see the thermal suite at the aft on Deck 10. Not free with only a coed area in the center. Sauna and steam room are in the locker rooms, as shown above. 

Thank you, It looks like you are correct  and that is excellent news! 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

I am guessing there is nothing to get excited about the men’s steam/sauna on Celebrity Summit any longer?  I really enjoyed the large portholes before Summit was “improved.”

I am beginning to dread when I see the words "renovated, refreshed, refurbished, and the worst one, AMPLIFIED." I have no issues with adding new features, I just do not support taking things away.
Have you cruised on the Pinnacle Class yet?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CruiseMsclDad said:

I am beginning to dread when I see the words "renovated, refreshed, refurbished, and the worst one, AMPLIFIED." I have no issues with adding new features, I just do not support taking things away.
Have you cruised on the Pinnacle Class yet?

I haven’t.  As you can see, I haven’t sailed in probably 10 years.  Kids in college, etc.  looking forward to expanding experiences in the coming years. 

3 minutes ago, Spurs Fans said:

I haven’t.  As you can see, I haven’t sailed in probably 10 years.  Kids in college, etc.  looking forward to expanding experiences in the coming years. 

Wishing you great adventures! There is nothing like being aboard a ship surrounded by the sea.

7 hours ago, Spurs Fans said:

I am guessing there is nothing to get excited about the men’s steam/sauna on Celebrity Summit any longer?  I really enjoyed the large portholes before Summit was “improved.”

The sauna on the Summit is small, but adequate. It can fit about 3-4 guys comfortably and there are some nice showers to cool off in. No water fountain or anything, so bring a bottle of water. I did two 5 day back to back cruises in January and the first sailing was very active and the second sailing it was rarely used. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have past experience with NCL Escape? I know there is only a Co-Ed Thermal Spa area. Were you able to still find conversations with like minded men, or was the thermal pass not worth it? 

On 6/27/2023 at 9:50 AM, CruiseMsclDad said:

Just saw a great deal on two RCCL ships,

the Mariner of the Seas and the Adventure of the Seas. I can't see the sauna spread sheet anymore, is it confirmed recently that these ships still have the same sauna/steam layout?

Thanks,
Mitch

I was on the Mariner in October of 22, everything was as it should be, despite the steam not really functioning. I think it and the explorer were in for rehab this past winter - but I believe the facilities at least on the explorer have been reported intact.

Edited by bejwee

On 10/24/2022 at 7:31 PM, natefish95 said:

No, don't believe everything the customer service reps say. Look at deck plans of the ships. There's a tiny free one on Sky, but everything is co-ed and costs on Encore. 

Not free on Sky anymore and nobody there.

18 hours ago, natefish95 said:

that's surprising. How much is it and how are they enforcing it? It's not really connected to the spa IIRC. 

20.00 a day.Not sure.