Anthem of the Seas Construction

The Meyer Werft has announced a change for the float out. It will start tomorrow Friday 20th at 3 pm German time - a day earlier as previously announced.

steamboats

Maybe I should call in sick? 😈

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Waiting for the float out of Anthem of the Seas at Meyer Werft.

Photo by Heiner Lohmann

2ef9f40692b33d04c33fd9cef618dce9.jpg

Thanks Lloyd. Are those motor homes/caravans owned by people who have come to watch the float out, or are they associated with the shipyard in some way? If the former, is this some sort of public parking area, or does the shipyard allow people who are interested to come in and park?

Thanks Lloyd. Are those motor homes/caravans owned by people who have come to watch the float out, or are they associated with the shipyard in some way? If the former, is this some sort of public parking area, or does the shipyard allow people who are interested to come in and park?

They are owned by cruise ship fans who have come to watch the float out. :)

There is indeed a parking lot that is also used fof the yearly NDR2 concert. The Quantumn of the Seas and other cruise ships have been the backdrop of these concerts.

dd02c05231cc35f7235cd0828fe4e477.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

They are owned by cruise ship fans who have come to watch the float out. :)

There is indeed a parking lot that is also used fof the yearly NDR2 concert. The Quantumn of the Seas and other cruise ships have been the backdrop of these concerts.

Very cool, thank you! :)

Maybe wind related?

Looking on the photos of yesterday the weather in Papenburg wasn´t as nice as here in Munich. Yes, it´s most likeley because of the wind. They can´t do the float out when it´s too windy. It´s pretty tight there.

And yes, the parking lot is filled up with fans waiting for the float out and it will be filled up again for the Ems river conveyance. The ship yard allows them to park their motor homes their. It´s always sort of a "tailgaiting" party.

The Meyer Werft also has a very nice visitor center and is giving tours - no you don´t go into the construction hall but they do have viewing windows.

steamboats

Well, I'm up and ready to watch!

I think it's really great that there's a tailgating party going on. :)

And huge thanks again to those of you who have been updating us with photos and information, as well as providing the two links where we can watch the float out.

The block that can be seen is part of Norwegian escape and they have to move that out the way first. According to a translation of the web page the float out is now due between 15:00 and 16:00, reasons given being the wind weather and technical issues.