Anthem of the Seas Construction

Meyer Werft just announced the Ems conveyance for Wednesday, March 11th. The time table is as follows

06:00 passage of the wharf lock at Papenburg

09:30 Friesen-Bridge at Weener

12:00 Jann-Berghus-Bridge at Leer

15:30 arrival at Gandersum

16:30 passage of the Ems lock

17:30 passing Emden

21:00 arrival Eemshaven

All the times are of course depending on the weather and wind.

steamboats

Meyer Werft just announced the Ems conveyance for Wednesday, March 11th. The time table is as follows

06:00 passage of the wharf lock at Papenburg

09:30 Friesen-Bridge at Weener

12:00 Jann-Berghus-Bridge at Leer

15:30 arrival at Gandersum

16:30 passage of the Ems lock

17:30 passing Emden

21:00 arrival Eemshaven

All the times are of course depending on the weather and wind.

steamboats

Funny- the date seems to coincide with the release of the 2016 - 2017 schedule for booking :rolleyes:

Just back from a cruise on the Quantum, and it was fantastic! I enjoyed watching her grow from the ground up... Need a cruise fix - hoping to fit a cruise on the Anthem in the budget for 2016.

Have you been on the Allure or Oasis?

I would love to hear someone's take after being on both.

I've been on many cruises, most recently Allure.

Anthem is coming to my home market and I'm wondering if I'll feel like I took a step back.

I'm sure Anthem will be a gorgeous, elegant ship, but there are so many shows and options available on the Allure.

I get the feeling that there's not nearly as much to do on Quantum class after you get beyond the food.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me that they were on Allure a while ago and then went on Quantum and loved it!

I'm planning on booking something next week. I'm just trying to figure out if I should fly out to Florida to go on Oasis class or if I can save the Airfare and go with my friends and family out of Jersey.

I would love to hear someone's take after being on both.

I've been on many cruises, most recently Allure.

Anthem is coming to my home market and I'm wondering if I'll feel like I took a step back.

I'm sure Anthem will be a gorgeous, elegant ship, but there are so many shows and options available on the Allure.

I get the feeling that there's not nearly as much to do on Quantum class after you get beyond the food.

I'm hoping that someone can tell me that they were on Allure a while ago and then went on Quantum and loved it!

I'm planning on booking something next week. I'm just trying to figure out if I should fly out to Florida to go on Oasis class or if I can save the Airfare and go with my friends and family out of Jersey.

I just returned from the Quantum and have been on the Oasis a few times and the Allure once. The Oasis class is still my favorite but by no means did I feel like there was less to do on the Quantum. It is a great ship and I'm looking forward to going on the Anthem many times.

I just returned from the Quantum and have been on the Oasis a few times and the Allure once. The Oasis class is still my favorite but by no means did I feel like there was less to do on the Quantum. It is a great ship and I'm looking forward to going on the Anthem many times.

Thanks!

That's great to hear!

I was on a allure a while ago and then went on quantum and loved it! :D

Seriously, DH and I and 2 friends went on Allure in Jan 2014. We got a great rate on a crown loft suite and were seriously spoiled and just loved everything about it - the shows, the room, central park, etc. (We'd been on Oasis before, too, but didn't really take advantage of all she had to offer on that trip.)

The same group of us, plus 2 more friends, went on Quantum in Jan 2015. It was our favorite cruise and she's now my favorite ship. I found way more to do on Quantum than on any other cruise I've ever been on (about a dozen) - I didn't even start reading a book until day 4 or so because i was so busy i didn't have time. The shows were great, and dynamic dining worked out just fine for us, even though i was really skeptical about it beforehand and really not looking forward to it. Now i can't imagine going back to the same ol' boring main dining room. We loved the look and feel of the ship - it was like an upscale resort. Crew were friendly, food was good, always something to do - overall, we had a great time, and are really looking forward to anthem. embarkation and disembarkation in NJ were a breeze, too - the only bad thing was coming back to the cold. ;)

Obviously, quantum class is not for everyone, but i'm really glad we didn't let the negative reviews scare us away.

Cool picture Lloyd. We have not seen any shots of Hall 5 lately. (the smaller buiilding dock). There must be a few blocks in there for either Escape and or Ovation. Come to think of it, the last ship totally built in that Hall was Aida Stella if I am not mistaken.

Cool picture Lloyd. We have not seen any shots of Hall 5 lately. (the smaller buiilding dock). There must be a few blocks in there for either Escape and or Ovation. Come to think of it, the last ship totally built in that Hall was Aida Stella if I am not mistaken.

Good point about Hall 5. I haven't come across many visitor/tourist photos lately actually.

In the meantime, came across this photo which made me think that having to walk to your job is great when this is your work place. :)

03f4cdaca0ce823e46356dafa0c0c35f.jpg

Changes... due to the weather forecast the Ems conveyance will start tomorrow, Tuesday at 2 pm (instead of Wednesday 6 am).

Here´s the new schedule:

Tuesday, March 10th:

ca. 2:30 pm passage of the wharf lock

ca. 6:30 pm passage of Friesen-Brücke (Weener)

ca. 9 pm passage of Jann-Berghaus-Brücke (Leer)

ca. 11:30 pm arrival at the Ems lock (Gandersum)

Wednesday, March 11th

ca. 3 am passage of the Ems lock

ca. 4:30 am passing by Emden

ca. 6:30 am arrival at Eemshaven

Here´s also a map including the times:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/media/pdfs/pdf/Ueberfuehrungsplan_Anthem_frueher.pdf

steamboats

I thought I would as the experts here about Ovation.

With the keel laid just last week for Ovation and taking into account that the keel was laid for Anthem on November 19, 2013 and is first sailing in April of 2015, why are they saying that Ovation will be sailing from April of 2016 in some circles?

Would this not be rather quick? Would a August or September sailing date not be more accurate in comparison to the Quantum and Anthem builds?

I thought I would as the experts here about Ovation.

With the keel laid just last week for Ovation and taking into account that the keel was laid for Anthem on November 19, 2013 and is first sailing in April of 2015, why are they saying that Ovation will be sailing from April of 2016 in some circles?

Would this not be rather quick? Would a August or September sailing date not be more accurate in comparison to the Quantum and Anthem builds?

While the official keel laying might have been recent, I assume other parts of the ship have been under construction for a while. With the 2016+ itineraries coming out this week, the official debut should be known real soon.

Changes... due to the weather forecast the Ems conveyance will start tomorrow, Tuesday at 2 pm (instead of Wednesday 6 am).

Here´s the new schedule:

Tuesday, March 10th:

ca. 2:30 pm passage of the wharf lock

ca. 6:30 pm passage of Friesen-Brücke (Weener)

ca. 9 pm passage of Jann-Berghaus-Brücke (Leer)

ca. 11:30 pm arrival at the Ems lock (Gandersum)

Wednesday, March 11th

ca. 3 am passage of the Ems lock

ca. 4:30 am passing by Emden

ca. 6:30 am arrival at Eemshaven

Here´s also a map including the times:

http://www.meyerwerft.de/media/pdfs/pdf/Ueberfuehrungsplan_Anthem_frueher.pdf

steamboats

Thanks for the update!

Since I've never followed the construction of a ship before, what happens after this "conveyance"?

Thanks!

Thanks for the update!

Since I've never followed the construction of a ship before, what happens after this "conveyance"?

Thanks!

She will dock at Emshaven for final fit out of any remaining areas. Then most importantly come the sea trials where she's put through her paces. Once all this has been done to the yards satisfaction she'll be handed over to Royal and she'll sail to Southampton.