Anthem of the Seas Construction

Still no animal on Anthem. My trip to Hamburg was useless ;)

8cd874489b767c658d12aa2379958753.jpg

A life boat has been added to Anthem vs Quantum. The fourth boat from the stern is not on Quantum as we had a deck 6 cabin that was only about 30% blocked by the 3rd lifeboat on the 3/1 sailing.

The Anthem is currently leaving the dry dock. Dock door has been removed already. Watch the webcam here

http://www.hamburg.de/livecam-hafen/

Pete,

The Anthem has different life boats than the Quantum. Not just the number is different but also the type. Check close, there are some pretty big ones followed by a very small one (then the zodiac type of boat). Then there are four "medium" sized ones and the very first looks a bit smaller than the other four but I can´t say that for sure.

steamboats

The Anthem is currently leaving the dry dock. Dock door has been removed already. Watch the webcam here

http://www.hamburg.de/livecam-hafen/

Pete,

The Anthem has different life boats than the Quantum. Not just the number is different but also the type. Check close, there are some pretty big ones followed by a very small one (then the zodiac type of boat). Then there are four "medium" sized ones and the very first looks a bit smaller than the other four but I can´t say that for sure.

steamboats

I wonder why the change in number and capacity of the life boats.

Great photos Lloyd!

So what did they do to her during this dry dock? Is all work inside the ship complete?

What's left on the punch list besides the giant banana or whatever they mount next to the rock climbing wall?

I wonder why the change in number and capacity of the life boats.

I can only guess... I think I´ve read something about larger tender boats (which double as life boats as we all know). More life boat capacity allows you to carry more passengers...

BTW the Allure has a different life boat configuration than the Oasis (but there it´s mainly the location not the type or number of life boats).

steamboats

Hello Lloyd,

Is this video taken from deck 6? We are looking into getting an obstructed balcony on deck 6. Just wanted to get a view of this before booking.

Geeat pics and video!

Speedodeedo

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would say that is definitely from deck 6. Looks like it is one of the cabins that they classify as 75% obstructed as the davits are in plain view.