ECLIPSE M&M too early for us

BMT

The Eclipse Meet and Mingle is getting earlier and earlier.

Now its 9.30am on the first sea day ie day after boarding.:eek:

Many people just don't make it. Either recovering from long journeys or, like us, don't want to get up early, have breakfast and have a party at 9.30am.

I remember when M&Ms were at a civilised 11.00am ish.:D

Is this just the Eclipse or all Celebrity ships?:confused:

Not all Celebrity ships, there is another thread about the Connections party taking place at sailaway. It all depends on how many are signed up (size of the rooms available), how many other parties are happening (newlyweds, etc), how many sea days are available, whether ther are lots of new crew aboard (rooms needed for required safety training meeings) and a myriad of other factors.

they have been moved around on the Silhouette. One cruise they did it at sailaway when people had arranged a get together for the roll call and then they moved the next one to 7.30pm right in the middle of dinner so many didn't make that either. On Eclipse last year for norway it was on day 3 at 11am - we'd all met up ourselves by then

I hever known it to be a party as more of a gathering to meet a few if any of the other passengers and then just sit there and listen to the Captain and CD. Would rather have it early instead of later where it interferes with other activities or plans.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🌅🇺🇸

they have been moved around on the Silhouette. One cruise they did it at sailaway when people had arranged a get together for the roll call and then they moved the next one to 7.30pm right in the middle of dinner so many didn't make that either. On Eclipse last year for norway it was on day 3 at 11am - we'd all met up ourselves by then

We must have crossed paths as we were at that M&M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On our Infinity Norway sailing from Harwich last August the meeting was also held at 09.30 on the first morning after boarding (also first sea day).

After months very early mornings due to work, then a very early morning due to travelling on embarcation day, there was no way that we were going to be getting up that early on our first day for a meeting/party.

We heard from others on one of the excursions that attendance was very poor.

I wonder if some of the crew onboard realise the importance of these meetings from a marketing/business perspective.

Personally, I wont bother attending one that's held before 11am. Sorry, but I'm on vacation. If i wanted to get up early on a sea day, I'd stay home and go to work. To be up and ready for 930am means getting up at like 8am to get ready and then have some semblance of a meal before the M&M. No thanks.

Great for the morning people, but for us night owls, not so much.

I always feel bad because I'll spend months if not a year or more on a roll call, only to end up not meeting people due to the M&M time.