Mojito with Diamond Drink Voucher

... And it was also mentioned that we could go to the Diamond lounge between 4:30 - 8pm. Did this mean it was one or the other or could we use our 3 pre-loaded drink vouchers and then go to the lounge for more drinks? ...

You have the ability to use both the vouchers and the Diamond Lounge. The vouchers would be for use outside the DL. Inside the DL, drinks are unlimited.

Edited by clarea

You have the ability to use both the vouchers and the Diamond Lounge. The vouchers would be for use outside the DL. Inside the DL, drinks are unlimited.

Thanks - we learned that about day 4!

This experience on the Grandeur shows us the importance of loyalty to a specific brand - you 'grow up' in the culture and learn as you advance through the different stages of loyalty. We were thrown into the RCCL culture with no prior experience since most of our loyalty has been with Celebrity, though the way the industry is changing, we may not know the Celebrity procedures from one year to the next….

We still had a pleasant experience on Grandeur. We don't sweat the small stuff or let it get to us. If you say I owe you $7.03 for a drink, that's what I will pay you!

Just back from Grandeur and I must say, being new to the Diamond society, (only achieved Diamond from sailing Celebrity) this was all very confusing. We received no drink vouchers but a letter in our stateroom stating that 3 drinks per day were automatically loaded on our seapass card. No mention of what drinks were included. And it was also mentioned that we could go to the Diamond lounge between 4:30 - 8pm. Did this mean it was one or the other or could we use our 3 pre-loaded drink vouchers and then go to the lounge for more drinks? (not that I would drink that much)

After 3 days of getting some free drinks and paying for others at various bars around the ship, we finally asked if there was a list. This is what we got - (pic attached)

And as a side note - not a single drink menu in general at any bar through out the ship on this cruise. Very frustrating as I am one that likes to try new things based on the descriptions on the fufu drink menus.

And no - I don't recall getting any Mojitos for free….

Yes, you can use both the DL, and also the vouchers when outside the lounge.

I guess you are spoiled by the drink menus on Celebrity. Until the voucher system started, drink menus were not to be found on RC. I noticed that your menu did not have the ship name, and is identical to the one we had on Freedom a few weeks ago, so hopefully they are now standard across the line. Too bad you did not get one in your room on embark (as we did).

Yes, you can use both the DL, and also the vouchers when outside the lounge.

I guess you are spoiled by the drink menus on Celebrity. Until the voucher system started, drink menus were not to be found on RC. I noticed that your menu did not have the ship name, and is identical to the one we had on Freedom a few weeks ago, so hopefully they are now standard across the line. Too bad you did not get one in your room on embark (as we did).

We did not get a drink menu in our cabin on the Enchantment either. And the one we found in the

DL/CL had the one without the Pinot Grigio.

Edited by island lady

So.....what amount 'sets the mood' for a bartender to be willing to make a drink...whether on the menu or not. We were drinking Cosmos on Indy in May in the DL without a problem getting them, or drinking them....:p:p

Good question. For drinks not on the list, how much would you expect if you knew you might be reprimanded or worse?

For standard cocktails, a dollar or two per drink. ( we tip 2 per drink)

Enjoy

M.

Edited by cruisegirl1

ok, so im new to the diamond club lounge thing, missed that somehow, but all ships with them offer free cocktails from the list during specified times? Going on the Enchantment next month.....Thanks everyone for the information.

ok, so im new to the diamond club lounge thing, missed that somehow, but all ships with them offer free cocktails from the list during specified times? Going on the Enchantment next month.....Thanks everyone for the information.

Enchantment will offer free cocktails during the cocktail hours in the Diamond Lounge, and at any bar if you use your vouchers.

Why did you not use that bartender again. He was only doing his job. Do you prefer that he break the rules for you and perhaps lose his job?

M

I don't see you questioning the folks who are handing over a tip to get what they want that is not on the menu. It is ok for those bar tenders to break the rules and risk loosing their jobs?:rolleyes:

Good question. For drinks not on the list, how much would you expect if you knew you might be reprimanded or worse?

For standard cocktails, a dollar or two per drink. ( we tip 2 per drink)

Enjoy

M.

Thank you! Someone else suggested tipping $20-$50....I wasn't intending to pay his mortgage for a few drinks...:rolleyes:

I don't drink much so I wouldn't know what to order....I see Tequila is on the list....what does one drink tequila with? To me, it's part of a Margarita :):)

Aren't most of the fou-fou drinks - pina coladas, margaritas, pink lady's, etc..just a mix anyway with some liquor thrown in. There's no real 'preparing' of the drink. That's been my experience off the ship as well. I've watched them make these drinks and I'm sure they start with a pre-mixed base. They can make them as fast as a rye and coke!!! Okay, they do throw a pineapple and cherry on top....that takes time, LOL

Money does talk, that's for sure. I'm sure a bartender would be willing to make any drink at all if the 'price' was right!! Doubt if he's afraid of losing his job either. Answers can be very creative by RC staff....;)

Thank you! Someone else suggested tipping $20-$50....I wasn't intending to pay his mortgage for a few drinks...:rolleyes:

I don't drink much so I wouldn't know what to order....I see Tequila is on the list....what does one drink tequila with? To me, it's part of a Margarita :):)

Aren't most of the fou-fou drinks - pina coladas, margaritas, pink lady's, etc..just a mix anyway with some liquor thrown in. There's no real 'preparing' of the drink. That's been my experience off the ship as well. I've watched them make these drinks and I'm sure they start with a pre-mixed base. They can make them as fast as a rye and coke!!! Okay, they do throw a pineapple and cherry on top....that takes time, LOL

Money does talk, that's for sure. I'm sure a bartender would be willing to make any drink at all if the 'price' was right!! Doubt if he's afraid of losing his job either. Answers can be very creative by RC staff....;)

I think you are pretty much on the mark. Order a Lava Flow and they put some mix in a blender with ice and pour in some alcohol. You might think these folks were doing heavy labor the way some people refer to the "labor intensiveness" of making these drinks. But I guess it is more labor intensive that popping the top off of a beer bottle and placing it in front of you.

Edited by Ocean Boy

The menu I posted in post #42 is the currant one for EN as I just got off her on Aug 22,2014P1000640_zps90ef94f7.jpg

Since when are kids not permitted in the Diamond Lounge? We recently cruised the 13 night Hawaii to Vancouver, and there were kids with their parents. I would think as long as they behave and are dressed appropriately they would be permitted in - unless something has changed in the last 3 months....

The menu I posted in post #42 is the currant one for EN as I just got off her on Aug 22,2014P1000640_zps90ef94f7.jpg

I apologize if this has been asked before, but will a bartender make up a Manhattan with a twist? All the ingredients are on the list, and I doubt anyone drinks straight vermouth. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks!

Since when are kids not permitted in the Diamond Lounge? We recently cruised the 13 night Hawaii to Vancouver, and there were kids with their parents. I would think as long as they behave and are dressed appropriately they would be permitted in - unless something has changed in the last 3 months....

There is a thread concerning kids in the DL and how it is against the official rules: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1996980&highlight=diamond+lounge+kids

Post #4 specifically states: "RCI policy (on all ships) is minors are allowed into the CL anytime...In the DL anytime "other" than the cocktail hours 5:00-8:30pm...However this policy can be changed (as some have reported) at the discretion of the DL concierge onboard when it comes to the DL...If this has recently changed I'm sure someone will post."

So, if our DL's concierge says no, my question is valid. My kids are very well behaved and I do believe that they are entitled to their can of pop as much as any diamond member is entitled to their alcoholic beverage whether it be in the DL or by a voucher. Again, does anyone know if my kids will receive 3 vouchers daily (for pop to be consumed during cocktail hours) on their seapass cards?

Edited by Smokey Mountain Tim

For those who have used the new Diamond Drink Voucher program.... have you been able to order a Mojito using one of the free vouchers?

Thanks

I tried getting a Mojito in the Crowes nest and it was a no go. But like someone else said it might depend on the bar and the server. I enjoyed a G & T instead.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but will a bartender make up a Manhattan with a twist? All the ingredients are on the list, and I doubt anyone drinks straight vermouth. Anyone have an answer?

Thanks!

Yes, we've had a Manhattan in the CL before.

Yes, we've had a Manhattan in the CL before.

Thanks for the reply, Clarea. I too have been served Manhattans in the CL and DL in the past, but what I was wondering is this:

Will a bartender (say in the Schooner Bar) make a Manhattan (or martini) as one of the 3 "diamond-level voucher" drinks between 5:00PM - 8:00PM? I would tip appropriately, of course.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

Yes, I always order Vodka Martini and have sat with folks ordering a Manhattan.

Okay, I guess my question is not specific enough. So here goes:

I would like to use one of my 3 daily drink "vouchers" to get a Manhattan at a participating bar (not the CL or DL) during the 5:00PM to 8:00PM "happy hour" provided for Diamond members. Has anyone had any success doing this (or similar cocktail aka martini)?

Thanks!

Edited by CruiseTobey

Wow, a mojito? I'm surprised as that is a rather time-consuming drink to make (muddling the mint leaves, etc). All I'm askin' for is a stinkin' Manhattan - two shots of whisky, a half-shot of vermouth, and a lemon peel. I guess I'm in good shape! :D

Thanks for the reply.

Edited by CruiseTobey

A recent program still being implemented ship by ship. Each Diamond member gets 3 drink vouchers per day to be used at any bar during the normal cocktail hours of the Diamond Lounge. Restricted to the same drinks served in the DL. Vouchers expire each day and cannot be accumulated.

Is the enchantment one of them?

Interesting, guess it varies by ship. I thought Bailey's was a done deal, but it's missing and I wouldn't have expected GF beer.