hammock on a balcony?

pbsteve

So I was trying to find a youtube video of a similar room to what I will be in, and I came across

They strung a hammock on the balcony... Not that I want to do it, but it seems interesting that they had one up.

So I was trying to find a youtube video of a similar room to what I will be in,

and I came across

They strung a hammock on the balcony... Not that I

want to do it, but it seems interesting that they had one up.

Hi Steve :)

Here is a how to hang a hammock on a cruise ship balcony video that I

wanted to drop here for you.

Have a great day!

:)

What exactly doesn't seem safe about it?

Well for starters those rails and hinges were not made to to hang stuff off of let alone people. Second can you imagine the lawsuit being filed when something goes wrong and somebody gets hurt.

carnival didn't tell us we couldn't hang stuff off the rails so of course its there fault.

Hi Steve :)

Here is a how to hang a hammock on a cruise ship balcony video that I

wanted to drop here for you.

Have a great day!

:)

I watched that video. They normally open all those dividers once during the cruise so the windows can be cleaned. Not sure how well that divider would open with something jammed in the hinge.

I do have one of these:

portable_hammock.jpg

But leery about lugging it there, I guess it's more common than I thought, I don't think I've ever seen or heard anyone using a hammock on the balcony....

I will say the hammock in the video was not wedged in the hinge, but in the support for the dividing wall from what I see. it wouldn't interfere with the hinge, but the hammock may keep it from opening all the way.

Yeah, now I want to try it too. Already found a hammock on Amazon. LOL

Looks like there should be an easy/safe way to do it.

Get an ENO double. And don't forget to order the straps. I think they come separate. Might have paid around 60 or 70$ few years back. They have not let me down!

Get an ENO double. And don't forget to order the straps. I think they come separate. Might have paid around 60 or 70$ few years back. They have not let me down!

Just one of me going to be using it and with the recent diet I think I'll fit into a single. :D :D

Wow looks like fun..if it would not be in way at all..worry about the cleaning crew and well anything that would get in way of what anyone has to do security wise etc..but also just wow..hanging low enough and all..great on the smaller balcony where you can not stretch out otherwise..but have concerns if really ok for ship and ship issues.