any new feature you wuold like to see on cruisecritic?

ontheweb

When looking for specific information, I tend to use the "Search" function (I wish more people did). However, I wish there was a way to better define my search. For an example, if I want to read current information and reviews on a port or excursions, I'm not interested in something that was posted more than a year ago, because the information is most likely outdated and no longer relevant. By the way, I've also found this to be true on Google, so the problem isn't exclusive to C.C.

You can search date ranges or a certain time back as a stop on Google. In fact, you an can use the same features to search cruise critic via Google, which has a much more refined search than the forum bulletin board software. Just click the "more tools" after your initial search in Google and specify a date range (pre-selected or custom)

You can search date ranges or a certain time back as a stop on Google. In fact, you an can use the same features to search cruise critic via Google, which has a much more refined search than the forum bulletin board software. Just click the "more tools" after your initial search in Google and specify a date range (pre-selected or custom)

Thank-you! I'll give that a try.:)

It's not really more work. a one-time setting to automatically subscribe to replied threads, then bookmark the User CP page. Your work is done. :)

You can quickly see your subscribed threads by hitting the QUICK LINKS in the yellow bar at the top of every page (it's next to the log out tab on the right side of the page). Hit the quick links and scroll down to subscribed threads under miscellaneous. It's quick and easy and the first place I go to each day when logging on.

In addition to the original poster's handle listed under the post (on the main page), I would like the date of the original post. That way if it's an old post, I know that up front instead of reading the first posts and thinking "what?!?" then realizing it's old information.

Private messaging would be nice, too.

I have often wished this. It would save my opening ancient posts that have been brought back to life.

We are talking about adding the date of the first post on the THREAD LIST (as it is in many other forums that use the same software) so that you can see how old the thread is WITHOUT having to open any of the individual messages.

I would also favor locking threads that have been inactive for some period of time if that can be done automatically without creating a lot of work for the moderators.

This is so useful to be able to do as I have sometimes responded then found it to be a two year old thread

Still current to the chat that developed but would make it easier

Sent from my iPhone using Forums