any new feature you wuold like to see on cruisecritic?

ontheweb

If you set your subscriptions to automatically subscribe to any thread in which you post (no notifications so you don't get emails), you can see new posts in any of your participated threads in the User Control Panel (aka, User CP).

I do it this way and also subscribe to specific sections like "Ask a Cruise Question" and those sections all show up in the User CP right below the subscribed threads with new posts.

Very nice...more work to get it, but the end result is the same. Thank you.

I still vote for the option listed above.....a little coding pulls this to the front :D

I would like admins to lock more duplicate threads about the same topic...IE what benefits do I get for being this perk level or carnival vs Rccl, or how do I sneak booze on board.

I hate to say it but this is all I see on CC and it's getting tedious.

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON.....

Rant over thank you! :)

Very nice...more work to get it, but the end result is the same. Thank you.

I still vote for the option listed above.....a little coding pulls this to the front :D

It's not really more work. a one-time setting to automatically subscribe to replied threads, then bookmark the User CP page. Your work is done. :)

In addition to the original poster's handle listed under the post (on the main page), I would like the date of the original post. That way if it's an old post, I know that up front instead of reading the first posts and thinking "what?!?" then realizing it's old information.

Private messaging would be nice, too.

^^^This. I'd love this feature!

I view a sports message board that had a 'participated' icon in the top right of any page on that board. If a comment has been made in a thread I participated in, it will show *new* next to 'participated' . I can then click on the 'participated' icon and a box opens up with every thread I have subscribed to.

try clicking USER CP top left after you log in

Actually like the board somewhat the way it is.

What feature "wuold" I like to see? How about Spell Check?????

Let he who is without sin, cast the first stone....... or maybe, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Mosquitos??? :p:D

Yes' date=' if you were so inclined, you could go to the trouble of finding a different IP Address and using a different 'nickname' (which is against CC rules) and vote again which is also against CC rules. But why would anyone go to those lengths? :confused:[/b']

Only if one were curious about the results. Say for example, that you voted very early on a poll and the poll has now been up for a while, unfortunately voting again is the 0nly way to get an updated result. That's why I'd like a feature to just be able to get the results.

I'd like a "LIKE" button - or better yet, the arrow up or down system for like or dislike against a post. It might save a lot of negative posts.:D

I belong to two other sites that have the "like" option.

It has turned into a game to see who can get the most "likes" -- certain people keep hitting each other no mater what is said.

Actually like the board somewhat the way it is.

What feature "wuold" I like to see? How about Spell Check?????

My computers automatically underline words that are misspelled. And if I type something and accidently skip a letter in a word -- it will correct the word.

By the way -- in the upper right corner of a post box there is "abc" with a check mark under it -- spell check. I have never tried it so don't know how good it is.

I would like to see post with no replies for a year be locked - they would still show up on searches but people would not be responding to very old questions.

I would also like to see a way to add photos without first having to add them to another site.

Both are great suggestions. Lately we had a person on the HAL section that brought up threads from as far back as 6 - 9 years and posted on those threads. They do need to be locked after a couple of years.

I also wish we could post pictures directly from our computers.

Both are great suggestions. Lately we had a person on the HAL section that brought up threads from as far back as 6 - 9 years and posted on those threads. They do need to be locked after a couple of years.

I also wish we could post pictures directly from our computers.

Yes! An easy way to post pictures would be wonderful--direct from the computer. I can't seem to master this.

The date and the time the post was written is at the top of each post below the poster's name! Just open your eyes to see it then decide how long it was and if answer is necessary. I have seen answers to questions about a cruise after the cruise is over!

We are talking about adding the date of the first post on the THREAD LIST (as it is in many other forums that use the same software) so that you can see how old the thread is WITHOUT having to open any of the individual messages.

I would also favor locking threads that have been inactive for some period of time if that can be done automatically without creating a lot of work for the moderators.

I would like cruise critic to revert back to the old method of editing a signature line. I am sure there is a very good reason for the change, but it is a bit more cumbersome the way that it is today.

... and just as I post this I thought to myself, maybe I used a different browser in the old days... and sure enough tried on a different browser and it works like I like it. So please scratch my above post. And anyone looking for a more user friendly browser, try firefox over chrome.

Edited by ncovert

When looking for specific information, I tend to use the "Search" function (I wish more people did). However, I wish there was a way to better define my search. For an example, if I want to read current information and reviews on a port or excursions, I'm not interested in something that was posted more than a year ago, because the information is most likely outdated and no longer relevant. By the way, I've also found this to be true on Google, so the problem isn't exclusive to C.C.

It would be nice to have a section JUST for photo reviews, and also allow for multiple pictures to be posted in that section without using another site. Maybe also set it up so that responses and questions need to be expanded and seen. Know that would cost a lot and take time but that would probably be the most trafficked part of the site next to the official ship summaries.. Heck you could probably have a link from the ship summaries to the photo reviews for the ship.