Not Amazed

Redtravel

It appears that Eric will be on board.

Oddly, on our last cruise we had very limited contact with him. But I'm certain that had more to do with our movements than his.

Certainly, he was a great performer in the Cabaret.

Yes, the schedule posted here indicates he will although talking to Eric in July he said he wasn't rejoining until mid-October. Perhaps he got his dates wrong. Whatever we will have a great time and I will find you at the meet and mingle regardless! :)

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

:D Hi,

Just disembarked The Quest & had a really good meet & greet hosted by the wonderful Russ & attended by a number of senior officers.

We all introduced our selves & had a greet time.

I think the problem is Tony,have sailed with him in the past & agree with another poster who mentioned he was not "visible "most of the time.

Sue

:D Hi,

Just disembarked The Quest & had a really good meet & greet hosted by the wonderful Russ & attended by a number of senior officers.

We all introduced our selves & had a greet time.

I think the problem is Tony,have sailed with him in the past & agree with another poster who mentioned he was not "visible "most of the time.

Sue

the M&G are better under Russ... He always has officers with him too.. Eric got off Journey the 8th of August. he should be off 2 months but i doubt he would vome back mid cruise.. I do know he was in SC the other day.. try following your favourites on facebook.

• 2 weeks later...

What's with all this criticism of Tony? We're just home from the same cruise and the following Lisbon to Barcelona cruise. We thought Tony did a great job. We saw him all over the ship and found him approachable. I agree that the M & M could have been better - the cabaret isn't the right venue. Apart from that we thought Tony did a great job as CD. I really don't understand why he's getting bagged so much. We found Eric last year to be less approachable and visible than Tony was on this cruise, so it's probably just about perceptions.

On our first cruise (from Seville at Easter 2013), there was a large turnout for the CC M&M meeting, and we met up with several lovely people who we were able to chat with during the cruise.

On our second cruise (Barcelona to Nice in May 2014) only one other couple turned up. The required number did not sign up online before the cruise, so we received no confirmation of the event. We did get an invitation in our cabin and were surprised to see it. I suspect that the few who had signed up missed seeing it. We met a lovely American couple, but were outnumbered by officers and overwhelmed by nibbles & fizz. It was embarrassing for us and also for the officers, I think. We may not bother again unless a large number sign up prior to sailing. (However, with current prices far exceeding what we paid for the previous 2 cruises, it may not be an issue!)

Tony was the CD on both cruises. Although his mother was on board during the 2nd cruise, and his wife was on our 1st cruise, he seemed to be everywhere all week.

What's with all this criticism of Tony? We're just home from the same cruise and the following Lisbon to Barcelona cruise. We thought Tony did a great job. We saw him all over the ship and found him approachable. I agree that the M & M could have been better - the cabaret isn't the right venue. Apart from that we thought Tony did a great job as CD. I really don't understand why he's getting bagged so much. We found Eric last year to be less approachable and visible than Tony was on this cruise, so it's probably just about perceptions.

I merely stated that I hardly saw him, I did not bash him. I had a chat with him one day and he is a nice person, but I didn't observe him doing much "Cruise Directing" on my sailing.

I wonder if the Aug 20 M&M on the Journey was disappointing because it was held in the Cabaret Lounge.

All of my Meet and Greets have been great including the one Shamensue and I attended on the Quest on September 1. Fortunately none of my gatherings have been a whingefest, just a lovely start to a wonderful Azamara cruise.

Although Russ is my favourite Azamara CD, have sailed with Tony once last October and found him very visible and totally delightful.

Fortunately none of my gatherings have been a whingefest, just a lovely start to a wonderful Azamara cruise.

Although Russ is my favourite Azamara CD, have sailed with Tony once last October and found him very visible and totally delightful.

The M&M on the Canary Islands cruise right after Quest's 2012 drydock was turned into a whining session by one British couple (who may have been living in retirement in Spain--I can't remember). It was not pleasant and most in the room felt embarrassed by it.

Agree fully with your second paragraph as quoted above. Russ is very special. My wife has served as sous chef for both Russ and Tony in Iron Chef competitions (Ryszard always wins;)) and both CDs were delightful to work with.

The M&M on the Canary Islands cruise right after Quest's 2012 drydock was turned into a whining session by one British couple (who may have been living in retirement in Spain--I can't remember). It was not pleasant and most in the room felt embarrassed by it.

Agree fully with your second paragraph as quoted above. Russ is very special. My wife has served as sous chef for both Russ and Tony in Iron Chef competitions (Ryszard always wins;)) and both CDs were delightful to work with.

Russ told us on our recent Quest cruise that he had finally won an Iron Chef contest against Ryszard.

His culinary skills have clearly improved. When I was a judge his fruit salad dessert was a sight to behold. He was totally useless but wonderfully entertaining.

I wonder if the Aug 20 M&M on the Journey was disappointing because it was held in the Cabaret Lounge.All of my Meet and Greets have been great including the one Shamensue and I attended on the Quest on September 1. Fortunately none of my gatherings have been a whingefest, just a lovely start to a wonderful Azamara cruise.

The big disappointment was not that it was held in the Cabaret Lounge. Sure, it wasn't an ideal location, but it could have worked. The big disappointment was that we never got to go around the room and introduce ourselves. People who had made private tour arrangements had expected to meet the other people they were touring with. THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN. Tony told us how tired he was, and that the singers and dancers needed the room to rehearse. We were all ushered out after a very short time.

These were my 15th and 16th Azamara cruises. I've loved the M&Ms on all the others. This was a rudely handled mess.

The big disappointment was not that it was held in the Cabaret Lounge. Sure, it wasn't an ideal location, but it could have worked. The big disappointment was that we never got to go around the room and introduce ourselves. People who had made private tour arrangements had expected to meet the other people they were touring with. THIS DIDN'T HAPPEN. Tony told us how tired he was, and that the singers and dancers needed the room to rehearse. We were all ushered out after a very short time.

These were my 15th and 16th Azamara cruises. I've loved the M&Ms on all the others. This was a rudely handled mess.

I tend to skip all by Tony and it a 50/50 shot if I go to any others. They are better in Looking Glass. i rather be outside sailing out but in looking glas you can do both.

the big question here what was wrong with Tony this cruise. i hardly saw him the cruise before. But i do ont see Eric as much as Russ. yet Eric goes to Looking Glass and Russ does not.. but to tell guests he tired due to lack of sleep.. not cool.. Thank God i have Russ this winter for a least 2 cruises or three.

Toni,, sounds like you will be getting rewards soon as i got mine this summer..

Edited by ellbon

I tend to skip all by Tony and it a 50/50 shot if I go to any others. They are better in Looking Glass. i rather be outside sailing out but in looking glas you can do both.

the big question here what was wrong with Tony this cruise. i hardly saw him the cruise before. But i do ont see Eric as much as Russ. yet Eric goes to Looking Glass and Russ does not.. but to tell guests he tired due to lack of sleep.. not cool.. Thank God i have Russ this winter for a least 2 cruises or three.

Toni,, sounds like you will be getting rewards soon as i got mine this summer..

Really Robin? What rewards???????

Really Robin? What rewards???????

top cruiser. .as long as the boys are not on you got a 50% shot to get one... i know champagne but i like the flowers in cabin. i won at 14 and 16.. no one was higher last summer. several people are above me and one just below so she know ahead.. for the record i care about the flowers over the bottle or the picture.love flowers in my cabin. so no Asia or down under? looking at other cruise lines but notihng i found i wnt. . booekd a land tour too.