On Line Check In Question

IrishLassie

To be safe, I'd do it a no later than a week before your cruise. JMHO

If you need visas for certain countries, maybe earlier... not sure. But for anything requiring a visa, we plan way ahead (and submit earlier online) and see a Dr. for vaccinations.

Edited by Love.II.Cruise

Correct - you don’t have to do it online but not doing so will simply slow things down at the pier as you won’t have your boarding doc's, luggage tags, etc.

As said above why wait to do it? I always do it as soon as I can (approx. 75 days out) so (a) it's done and (b) it's part of my "get ready/get excited" routine!

How long can you wait to do your on line ck.in ? Thanks for any info. :D

The Personalizer is locked (for entering/changing info, not for printing boarding passes/luggage tags) five days prior to embarkation. That said, should you need to wait until after that date for some reason -- say, you were having to do an expedited passport renewal and your State Dept. appointment was four days before embarkation day (*cough* not that I know anyone at all to whom this wholly hypothetical example applies to) -- your immigration and/or credit card information can still be entered after the Personalizer is locked down, you just have to call Princess. Once they do that entry, you can then log in to the Personalizer, even, say, the day before departure, and print out the boarding pass/bag tags.

The Personalizer is locked (for entering/changing info, not for printing boarding passes/luggage tags) five days prior to embarkation. That said, should you need to wait until after that date for some reason -- say, you were having to do an expedited passport renewal and your State Dept. appointment was four days before embarkation day (*cough* not that I know anyone at all to whom this wholly hypothetical example applies to) -- your immigration and/or credit card information can still be entered after the Personalizer is locked down, you just have to call Princess. Once they do that entry, you can then log in to the Personalizer, even, say, the day before departure, and print out the boarding pass/bag tags.

hypothetically speaking.

The Personalizer is locked (for entering/changing info, not for printing boarding passes/luggage tags) five days prior to embarkation. That said, should you need to wait until after that date for some reason -- say, you were having to do an expedited passport renewal

Just hypothetically put in a future expiration date for your passport.

One could also, hypothetically, use some of the credit card test numbers

that software developers use...but, that would be wrong.

Thanks everyone for the info. I wasn't asking for us as ours are all done for both our cruises, but our friends that are sailing with us in Nov. have just moved & I just wanted to make sure she can get their ck.in done in time as they have been so busy with moving into their new house. Thanks again for all the help. :D