Redeeming Princess Visa Reward Points

Anniesails

read on a thread awhile ago that it was possible to apply reward points toward your credit card balance. I attempted to do this but do not see it as an option listed under reward redemption. Can someone who has done this tell me how to accomplish it ?? thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Are you wanting to redeem for Cruise Discounts? If so, just follow the instructions to Redeem Points through to the end of the process. The cash will automatically be applied to your credit card. It took only a matter of 7 to 10 days for our credit to appear although they say to allow longer.

No,not for cruise discounts. someone said you could get cash applied to your credit card balance by cashing in the points.

The easiest way to do it is to call them to request use reward points for a credit on your chargecard balance which is what I've done several times.

1-866-872-6248

Edited by Astro Flyer

No,not for cruise discounts. someone said you could get cash applied to your credit card balance by cashing in the points.

I have done this often. On-line just go through the process for getting a cruise discount. I know it seems misleading but what actually happens is that you get the dollar value of the points you redeem credited to your credit card. Since that is the card you book cruises with, it has the same effect as reducing a cruise fare but with a lot less trouble and paperwork.

I have a Carnival card & Princess. I have recently come to realization that it works to our advantage to not use points for obc or towards cruise. Keep eveything on credit card to get the 2X points. On your Barclay site 'Redeem rewards' there is an option to pay statement. All of your qualified purchases will show up...the amounts and how much tiime left to accumulate points to apply...you have 6 months from purchase to apply points.

Hope this not too confusing...on my kindle..makes hard to type and think :cool:

I have a Carnival card & Princess. I have recently come to realization that it works to our advantage to not use points for obc or towards cruise. Keep eveything on credit card to get the 2X points. On your Barclay site 'Redeem rewards' there is an option to pay statement. All of your qualified purchases will show up...the amounts and how much tiime left to accumulate points to apply...you have 6 months from purchase to apply points.

So are you saying if you use your save your points to pay for a cruise and it comes time to cash in and put the amount toward your bill, which doesn't pay the cruise in full, and you have to cancel before final payment, the money credited to your cc does it get removed after 6 months if not cruising?

From Barclays website:

Your points will expire five years from the date of issuance or if your Princess Rewards Visa Card account is closed.

• 5 weeks later...

I redeemed points for $100 OBC. I received a confirmation email that indicated I would get a certificate in the mail in 7 to 10 days. I have still not received it and my cruise leaves on Saturday.

Do they really mail a certificate? It seems that it would be so much easier just to add it to my ship account as a gift or something. Anyone have any experience with this?

I redeemed points for $100 OBC. I received a confirmation email that indicated I would get a certificate in the mail in 7 to 10 days. I have still not received it and my cruise leaves on Saturday.

Do they really mail a certificate? It seems that it would be so much easier just to add it to my ship account as a gift or something. Anyone have any experience with this?

I've never read about them mailing an actual certificate but you may see card in your cabin. I'd call Barclay to get an answer & then check your shipboard account to confirm your credit is there.

I use my rewards as a credit against my chargecard balance.

We've used our rewards for OBC several times. Never had a mailed certificate and it doesn't show up on your Cruise Personalizer. So far, it has always shown up on our folio once on board with no problem but we take a copy of the receipt/confirmation number with us -- just in case.

Becca

We've used our rewards for OBC several times. Never had a mailed certificate and it doesn't show up on your Cruise Personalizer. So far, it has always shown up on our folio once on board with no problem but we take a copy of the receipt/confirmation number with us -- just in case.

Becca

It does show up in the personalizer, just not in the same section as the other OBC.

The last time we received it, it was listed on the section under the Special Services heading.

Edited by caribill