D1 Guarantee

dbernard

Going on the Allure on Oct 5 and have a chance at taking a D1 Guarantee. I would be moving from a D7 to D1 at a cost of $170 per person, worth it??

If I'm not mistaken, the biggest difference is location and size of balcony. If you want a D1 location, or a bigger balcony and you can afford it, go for it. But if those things aren't all that important, I would stick with the D7's lower price and enjoy!

To be specific, the location for all D1's on Oasis class ships is the forward hump, which results in the larger balcony. The D1's are unique in that respect on that ship class. Other than that all of the D staterooms are exactly the same. IMO that would not be worth $340.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I was upgraded to a JS when I booked a D1 guarantee on Oasis. But you can't count on that, and for me wouldn't be worth the $340 gamble. I pretty much always do guarantees, because they are usually quite a bit cheaper, and interline rates are almost always for guarantees. I have never gotten a bad room, but for less money I'd rather pick my own.

I would not pay that for a D1 guarantee. They may send you another email to move from your D7 to a JS for XXX amount of dollars. That one, I would consider.

Saw where another poster got one similar to that and I think it was $300. total. We moved from a B2 on our upcoming cruise to a JS that we chose (not a guarantee) for $700. but we had a great rate on the B2. Total cost for the JS was $2300. for the 2 of us. FANTASTIC price IMHO!! We were thrilled!

I would not pay that for a D1 guarantee. They may send you another email to move from your D7 to a JS for XXX amount of dollars. That one, I would consider.

Saw where another poster got one similar to that and I think it was $300. total. We moved from a B2 on our upcoming cruise to a JS that we chose (not a guarantee) for $700. but we had a great rate on the B2. Total cost for the JS was $2300. for the 2 of us. FANTASTIC price IMHO!! We were thrilled!

Not on Oasis, but I got a D1 to JS upgrade on our May FOS cruise for $140 total :)

I was thinking that it was a Guarantee and could end up in a JS

It could I guess, but most likely would be the D1. Same answer as before but regarding the odds of it being a JS - not worth the roll of the dice IMO. Plan on the D1 and if the $340 is worth the larger balcony to to you then go for it, as that is likely what you will get.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Add me to the list of those who would NOT do it. That's a lot of money for the same sized cabin (just a slightly deeper balcony). The chance of you getting a JS instead of the D1 is too low, and not worth the gamble at that price.

Edited by DonnaK

I was thinking that it was a Guarantee and could end up in a JS

There is always a chance of that but two weekends ago, RCI sent out the e-mail to C&A members offering junior suites at 1/2 price. The JS's on that date were gone very quickly as many upgraded for very little money.