Bringing water onboard

artvlay

I have seen cases of water -- actual cases -- get put up by the porters curb side..not even in a suitcase...and they were not turned away they were added to the pile of luggage to go onto the ship with tags on them and everything. someone said they are against the rules...so here i go to royal's website to find the scoop. i will post back here if i find something.

found it -- it's a NO-NO but....if it gets confiscated it's not that big a loss for a few bucks for the water ..so I would take the case of bottled water in my suitcase and chance it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ's

Edited by MICHLEV1974

I have seen cases of water -- actual cases -- get put up by the porters curb side..not even in a suitcase...and they were not turned away they were added to the pile of luggage to go onto the ship with tags on them and everything. someone said they are against the rules...so here i go to royal's website to find the scoop. i will post back here if i find something.

found it -- it's a NO-NO but....if it gets confiscated it's not that big a loss for a few bucks for the water ..so I would take the case of bottled water in my suitcase and chance it.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/topTenFAQs/detail.do?pagename=top_10_faqs&pnav=4&snav=2&faqId=260&faqSubjectName=Top+FAQ's

Thank you for your information

I wouldn't put it in a suitcase as that could lead to a trip to the naughty room for having an unknown liquid in the bag. I have brought a multi pack of water on each of my RCI cruises, left it in the original packaging, and affixed a luggage tag to it. Other than missing a couple of bottles one time it has always showed up at my cabin with my other luggage.

Steve

I wouldn't put it in a suitcase as that could lead to a trip to the naughty room for having an unknown liquid in the bag. I have brought a multi pack of water on each of my RCI cruises, left it in the original packaging, and affixed a luggage tag to it. Other than missing a couple of bottles one time it has always showed up at my cabin with my other luggage.

Steve

Agree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3 different sailings embarking from 3 different ports last year......from what i experienced TSA enforces different rules in each port.....:confused:

what i bring on cruise....case of water factory clear plastic wrapped......2 - 12pack of soda 12oz. cans taped together

August 2014 ~ Baltimore...per porters could not affix baggage tags on water/soda had to be carried on....:(

March 2014 ~ FortLauderdale/PortEverglades...water/soda was told by porters & TSA do not affix baggage tags to water/soad carry on only...:(

February 2014 ~ Tampa...placed baggage tags on both water & soda no problem....both arrived with luggage a few dented soda cans....:eek:

so to answer your question who really knows the answer...i surely do not....:confused::D

I've cruised 14 times on Royal, Princess and Carnival. Every cruise I get a box paper is stored in. I put a case of water, 1 - 12 pack of Coke Zero, and 1-12 pack of Sprite Zero. I tape it up, slap a room tag on it and leave with the porters. (hint: Tip porters well!) Have never had a problem. Often that reaches our room before our luggage.

I also put a note stating that they are free to inspect all contents. Once in a while they rip part of the box off to see the 12 packs below the water. I don't care for soda from a gun, and love the Zero products. Saves me money too. I don't trust even bottled water in ports and carry my own. Purchased water in Cozumel once and seal of bottle broken, looked like it had been refilled. Did not drink.

Good luck.

We are doing 26 days on Brilliance in May, so I probably will test the waters on two boxes. :)