Yay price drop!!!

Cathconnie

Oops sent to quick and can't delete. Anyway if I raise my rate but get the $50obc which overall would save us $40, if we get another drop later we lose the obc, is that right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To my knowledge, you keep the obc....we have in the past when we have been lucky enough to score some...

Friends of mine called today and we're told from now on they gave to do the on line form like everybody else has to do starting in Oct. I emailed my PVP and asked her about people who use vacation planners. She just responded we have to do the form now. Are they phasing out planners? If they can't do anything for you why use one?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Booked in January on the breeze under ES and came across a promotion today!!! Thought it wouldn't hurt to call my PVP and I lucked out .... Everything in my booking stayed the same but saved 400.00 on my fare and scored a 50 OBC yea!!!

That is huge! How exciting! I love price drops and was excited about just the $50 I got recently.

There is currently a sale through Oct 5th that has some really good rates, so check your sailings, everyone!

Friends of mine called today and we're told from now on they gave to do the on line form like everybody else has to do starting in Oct. I emailed my PVP and asked her about people who use vacation planners. She just responded we have to do the form now. Are they phasing out planners? If they can't do anything for you why use one?

Don't know, but mine still says to call her. She doesn't like the online form because sometimes it approves your price drop, but then still doesn't give you the rate you were matching. She just took care of one for me last week in literally three minutes.

Don't know, but mine still says to call her. She doesn't like the online form because sometimes it approves your price drop, but then still doesn't give you the rate you were matching. She just took care of one for me last week in literally three minutes.

Mine still has me call her but says Oct 1 will be the change. I'll see what happens here very soon

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We've taken advantage of quite a few price drops for our Thanksgiving cruise. I got one last night with the Cruise n Choose promo (which ended yesterday) and this morning got another price drop with the Sail from Florida and Save again. I'm loving all these price drops. I never thought we would have any. Hopefully they will keep coming. Also, I have just filled out the form and had the approval within an hour.

still new to this site what does es stand for and pvp stand for I booked my cruise directly through carnival and see theree is a price drop on it now how do I see about capitalizing on it

Hi! Welcome! I'm married to an Air Force guy, and all he does is talk in abbreviations that I don't understand, then, I come on here, and there's even more abbreviations that I don't understand! Thankfully, there is a chart here to help people like me out! I found it by searching the site -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_acronyms

Unfortunately, it doesn't have ES or PVP so I really didn't answer your question did I? Sorry! Hope the chart helps though!!

still new to this site what does es stand for and pvp stand for I booked my cruise directly through carnival and see theree is a price drop on it now how do I see about capitalizing on it

ES = Early Saver

PVP = Personal Vacation Planner (Carnival sales people)

Have you made final payment? I assume you are asking for the Miracle? So you would have needed to book Early Saver? Which promotion did you book under?

(...on I side note, I see you are from Reno - I lived there for seven years, graduated from the University of Nevada)

Edited by ncovert
...on I side note

I booked way back in january for october 4 and they had a $5o dollar deposit per person running other than that I cant remember if there was any other promotion running and it has been paid in full since july

I am a get on the phone and talk to the person type of guy so I would suggest just calling Carnival with you booking information and ask if you book as an Early Saver. Booking in January I would think you most likely did. If you did they will most likely ask you to fill out a price reduction form from their website. If it were me I would keep them on the phone and try to see if they could do it for me right then because I have read about lots of people who submit and are denied and then call and get approved and this would skip the denied and call back time.

could you please tell me how you keep track of price drops? I would like to know so I could find out if my rate lowers. Thanks in advance. :)

You can use the carnival.com website for price checks. Our cruise price dropped $90 this morning.:D

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

Edited by BigDoug

Booked in January on the breeze under ES and came across a promotion today!!! Thought it wouldn't hurt to call my PVP and I lucked out .... Everything in my booking stayed the same but saved 400.00 on my fare and scored a 50 OBC yea!!!

So jealous!!!! We booked ES on the Victory for January and as of right now..no price drops, yet tons of availability.. fingers crossed :)