What? I didn't know that was included!

terratrac

The beach towels are included also! Just make sure you bring them back to your cabin after use so they can replace them with clean ones and also so you won't get charged for them.

On our last cruise I was laying out and this young couple were sitting next to me and on their first cruise. They had brought their bath towels out to the pool area. She made a comment to her husband that she hated the small white towels as they didn't fit around her completely. She then said look at all these people paid extra for the blue towels. I quickly told her that the blue towels in her cabin were there for them to use and they would only charge you for them if you didn't bring them back to cabin. I also told her that they will replace the towels everyday after use and you can take them off the ship on your excursions also. Thank goodness it was our first sea day. She was so very relieved after we spoke.

sunrises and sunsets are free too, and some of the most beautiful you will ever see

miniature golf, ping pong, karaoke, shuffleboard (yes it does exist, but is very hidden) the gym, the pools, and the water slides.:)

This is so true. We had an amazing sun rise a few days ago. I was taking my daughter to school and we were both commenting on the sun rise. She said...Mom, you know what would make this sun rise even better? If we were on a cruise ship in the open sea.

Of course I said...yes dear it would and I will be in the open sea in just one months time. That's when she told me I was mean and to quit rubbing it in since the kids aren't going on this one.

I am just glad that we have been able to give the kids an opportunity to see those at sea. They are amazing!;):D

I thought you had to pay for those? I remember getting them once for my wife and I thought we were charged for them.

They've charged for them for the past two years now. About $2.50 for 2 small packs of pills.

I'm guilty of the mdr experience. On my first cruise, I didn't know that the mdr optiom was included for the entire week. Also, I'm just learning this- room service is free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

yes :)

it is requested however that you tip for the service - a few dollars for a small order, perhaps adjusted up for larger orders

I'm guilty of the mdr experience. On my first cruise, I didn't know that the mdr optiom was included for the entire week. Also, I'm just learning this- room service is free?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Most times, you will see the hang tag with breakfast items to leave outside on your cabin door before bedtime for breakfast delivery. If you don't see the regular items menu for room service, just ask your room steward. You just call it in from your cabin phone---voila, they bring it right to your cabin! Yes, it's free. But do tip the person who brings it, couple of bucks will be fine.

Nothing like a late night snack of a plate of CCL chocolate chip cookies with milk! :)

Sea sick pills at Guest Services....or outside of the infirmary.

I've also been given them in the steakhouse. My family booked the night for our big dinner and I was feeling a little queasy (but they encouraged me to go and eat light), it got worse as soon as food was at the table. The wonderful server brought me a small bowl of sorbet and the sea sickness pills when she figured out why I wasn't eating. Felt better by the time the entrees were on the table!

If your stop is one of the private islands, lunch on the island is included. I ran into a mother trying to get her kids out of the water to go back to the ship for lunch because she did not want to pay with the ship so close.

sunrises and sunsets are free too, and some of the most beautiful you will ever see

miniature golf, ping pong, karaoke, shuffleboard (yes it does exist, but is very hidden) the gym, the pools, and the water slides.:)

This is good to know. I am not a cruise virgin, but, I didn't know the mini golf was free. I have never played it, on a ship, because I didn't want to play bad enough to pay for it. But, maybe, I will play it next weekend.:D

If your stop is one of the private islands, lunch on the island is included. I ran into a mother trying to get her kids out of the water to go back to the ship for lunch because she did not want to pay with the ship so close.

I've been meaning to look that up and now I don't have to, so thank you. :)

I wish I'd known that the regular saunas are free on my first cruise during a Dec cold snap. I did learn that there are blankets available on the lido. Also, board games can be borrowed from the library.

Re ordering from the kids menu -- The cookies and brownies are nice if you want a little chocolate and don't like the fancy desserts offered. My daughter ordered the "assorted cookies" every night. It became a joke because they were always all chocolate chip. On the last night, even I was tired of chocolate melting cake and fancy desserts, so everyone at the table ordered the "assorted cookies."

Along with free sauna & steam shower use in spa, there are private shower stalls in spa locker rooms for use. These showers are nice to use if you have many wanting to use cabin shower at same time. My college son found it convenient to use when we were getting ready. They just don't have power outlets or hair dryers up there.

First night with ships with Steakhouses they offer a free bottle of wine for first night only.

Camp Carnival, club O2 etc. are free to use, no fee for dropping off kiddos. Although I may have read tipping counselor so possibly at cruise end if use it a lot. Not sure if expected to tip them or not or considered staff.

Some ships have Taste Bar - no charge for this.

All entertainment free- shows,comedy club, movies on big screen (plus free popcorn available at night at bar for movies or if showing a sporting event.)

Along with free sauna & steam shower use in spa, there are private shower stalls in spa locker rooms for use. These showers are nice to use if you have many wanting to use cabin shower at same time. My college son found it convenient to use when we were getting ready. They just don't have power outlets or hair dryers up there.

First night with ships with Steakhouses they offer a free bottle of wine for first night only.

Camp Carnival, club O2 etc. are free to use, no fee for dropping off kiddos. Although I may have read tipping counselor so possibly at cruise end if use it a lot. Not sure if expected to tip them or not or considered staff.

All entertainment free- shows,comedy club, movies on big screen (plus free popcorn available at night at bar for movies or if showing a sporting event.)

Wow good to know. My husband and I wanted to go to the steakhouse on the Breeze one night and this is definitely some incentive to go on the first night.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 months later...
In addition to multiple food outlets and everything else mentioned....

for entertainment: comedy shows, productions shows in the main lounge, numerous individual acts during the evening, trivia games, lido decks games, dance instructions, even towel folding exhibitions!, ice carvings exhibitions....

check your Fun Times every day for all the activities to try.

One great (and sad moment) I read about here years ago was someone talking about a young couple they had met about 5 days into their cruise that had questioned them about their ability to eat in the MDR each night. The unknowing couple wanted to know how the other couple could possibly afford it! They had no idea the MDR was included in their cruise! :eek:

I was not aware you could eat in MDR every night. Ive been on 2 cruises. Didnt know room service was included either. Thanks for the update!! Happy Sailing

The Taste bar is free?? I have been on the Breeze twice and did not know that!!

Not a cruise virgin but have never heard of a "taste bar" - what, where and when is that?

Some of the 2.0 ships have it - normally open around dinner time, and they provide small samples of food for free. Sometimes food that is in the steakhouse or the Italian restaurant on some ships. I pick one up if I walk by, but I generally do not find it too exciting.