There used to be a green light on

cruz chic

Yes, I bet that was it. CC has been acting weird since I downloaded iOS 8. Thanks for the explanation:).

Sapper1 and TiogaCruiser reported problems with Safari after the upgrade. They grabbed Chrome from the app store and the site works fine. That would indicate that it's a Safari issue. It's been reported on the Apple support forums, so I would assume that they'll patch Safari at some point in the future.

Both Safari & Chrome are Webkit browsers, so it's likely a bug in the Safari code.

Sapper1 and TiogaCruiser reported problems with Safari after the upgrade. They grabbed Chrome from the app store and the site works fine. That would indicate that it's a Safari issue. It's been reported on the Apple support forums, so I would assume that they'll patch Safari at some point in the future.

Both Safari & Chrome are Webkit browsers, so it's likely a bug in the Safari code.

I should try to use Crome more. I do have it. Just like safari more because most of my passwords are it it. Thx for the tip.

I should try to use Crome more. I do have it. Just like safari more because most of my passwords are it it. Thx for the tip.

If you are invested in Safari, I would only use Chrome temporarily until the bug gets squashed. I set myself to Invisible in the CC user control panel. I see a red light for myself. To everyone else, I'm posting Ninja style.

If you are invested in Safari, I would only use Chrome temporarily until the bug gets squashed. I set myself to Invisible in the CC user control panel. I see a red light for myself. To everyone else, I'm posting Ninja style.

I'll likely do that. You're a tricky dude ;):D.

I have been trying for sges to figure out how to do that!:D Do I have to go into my User CP? Invisible, eh?

You show gray to me rather than red.:confused:

You show gray to me rather than red.:confused:

That's correct. POA sees his light as red, which is confirmation that he is in "invisible" mode. Everyone else sees it as "grey", which is the same color shown when someone is off line. Invisible! :D

That's correct. POA sees his light as red, which is confirmation that he is in "invisible" mode. Everyone else sees it as "grey", which is the same color shown when someone is off line. Invisible! :D

Thanks for the explanation!

I have been trying for sges to figure out how to do that!:D Do I have to go into my User CP? Invisible, eh?

1. Click on the User CP link.
  2. Click the "Edit Options" link on the left.
  3. Check the "Use Invisible Mode" box.
  4. Scroll down the page and click on the "Save Options" button.

Like so:

invisible-mode.jpg

I never bother signing out of CC so I am guessing I always show as green. What is the advantage in being invisable or in signing out so you show as grey?

I'm not trying to be confrontational here---just genuinely curious.

Edited by sapper1

I never bother signing out of CC so I am guessing I always show as green. What is the advantage in being invisable or in signing out so you show as grey?

I sign out as I thought people would get angry if they thought I was on and ignoring a potential question. I guess that is a bit weird now that I put it in black and white. :o I also sign out because I sometimes (like now) get on CC at work when I am at lunch or before I start my day. At home I sign out so that the other 3 people don't post something by mistake on our shared home computer. It would be an accident....:eek::rolleyes: but still!!

The light "goes out" after about 15 minutes of inactivity. So, even if you are logged in, your light turns gray after you haven't clicked on anything or refreshed the page. I like invisibility for two reasons. One, it sounds cool. Two, it gives the impression that I have a life and might be engaged in some sort of actual productive activity, instead of hanging out on the Interwebs.

Of course, my job involves a lot of hanging out online, so the point is moot. (Attention people: It's moot, not mute. Don't make me have to come over there. :D)

I've never signed out either. In fact, I wonder if I would remember my password if I did.:eek: