Holland America New Years' Cruise December 29, 2014

anaiz

Have a great cruise and New Years Celebration's aboard the Noordam. We were on the Noordam over the holidays about 5 years ago and it was a great time'

This year we will be celebrating aboard the Stantendam.

Helen

They always provide hats and noisemakers and they run a party in either the show lounge, the atrium/Ocean Bar/Pinnacle Bar depending upon ship.

The best New Year's Eve we enjoyed was Rotterdam on Millenium New Year's Eve. It was fantastic party with bottles of champagne left on all tables and refilled again and again. Wonderful music, dancing, pillow gifts. We were aboard for b-to-b Christmas/New Year's Eve cruise and HAL did a great job. Of course, that was 14 years ago. :D

They always provide hats and noisemakers and they run a party in either the show lounge, the atrium/Ocean Bar/Pinnacle Bar depending upon ship.

The best New Year's Eve we enjoyed was Rotterdam on Millenium New Year's Eve. It was fantastic party with bottles of champagne left on all tables and refilled again and again. Wonderful music, dancing, pillow gifts. We were aboard for b-to-b Christmas/New Year's Eve cruise and HAL did a great job. Of course, that was 14 years ago. :D

We were aboard the Ryndam in the Panama Canal for the Millenium New Year's Eve. As you said fantastic party. We had "Father Neptune" passing out noise makers to everyone on the Lido deck and the sports deck from 11:P.M. until Midnight. We toasted "Father Time" and Baby Time" and had fireworks at midnight.:cool: Of course that was before the ban on fireworks.:eek: On my, 14 years ago:o

We were aboard the Ryndam in the Panama Canal for the Millenium New Year's Eve. As you said fantastic party. We had "Father Neptune" passing out noise makers to everyone on the Lido deck and the sports deck from 11:P.M. until Midnight. We toasted "Father Time" and Baby Time" and had fireworks at midnight.:cool: Of course that was before the ban on fireworks.:eek: On my, 14 years ago:o

FUN!!!

I just remembered another GREAT treat that night and that was all the computers were shut down about 4 P.M. and no charges could be put through as they were nervous about Y2K. :D All bar slips from that time forward were to be handwritten but the stewards could not keep up with all the drink orders and stop to write all those slips and process them so a great many 'sort of fell through the cracks'. :D :D

Were you actually at the Canal that night? Must have been amazing.

Great Memories.

My first New Years cruise will be on the Ryndam. This talk reminds me of New Years of Y2K when I was on a Copper Canyon rail tour in a town with basically no communications and no computers. I was pretty well back home when I confirmed nothing bad really happened.

Roy

My first New Years cruise will be on the Ryndam. This talk reminds me of New Years of Y2K when I was on a Copper Canyon rail tour in a town with basically no communications and no computers. I was pretty well back home when I confirmed nothing bad really happened.

Roy

I still wonder if that who broo haa was just a huge techie revenue stream. :D Such commotion, stress, $$ over nothing. :eek:

It, indeed, was fun on the ships as they, like most business, were not going to take the chance. Loads of complimentary liquor was poured that New Year's Eve. :)

Have fun on the Ryndam. We never have been on a New Year's cruise that wasn't fun.

• 2 weeks later...