So made at CCL customer service right now...

hlb76

Well here we are a week from our sail date and finding issues with our booking.

Its been a mess from day one. Me, Dh and DS booked last Sept. About a week later a friend wanted to join us. My PVP had me move to her cabin to save her the single supplement. Fast forward a few months and she decides to bring her son and BF so I was removed back to my room and added her new guests. Things went fine during that. Fast forward again.. her and BF have a fight and she removed him from the booking. Well when she did that she lost her $150 OBC. WTH???? WHY WOULD THAT HAVE TO GO AWAY?? I think she was able to get it back *fingers crossed* It was never told to her she would loose that or she would of just no showed him.

Now we are a week away and the Faster 2 Fun has been cancelled off her booking as well. She never canceled. No email ever sent saying it was cancelled. No credit for the cancelled excursion. Only reason she knew was when she went to print her info. So she called and got an Im sorry maybe more will become available. They did email shore excursions hoping to get it back.

I have never been so disappointed. I really feel for her. She has not been getting the service I have bragged up over the years. Has anyone had this happen before? Where you lucky enough to get it resolved? I really hope they do the right thing and get it back for us.

No offense, but I think you're mad at the wrong person. Your friend was the one that kept changing her mind. Carnival isn't under any obligation to keep making the changes and smiling the whole time, and who's to say the issues you speak about is even Carnival's fault ih the first place?

A lot of this seems self-inflicted. With that many changes, something is always bound to get screwed up.

A lot of this seems self-inflicted. With that many changes, something is always bound to get screwed up.

Just like special orders at a fast food restaurant!

Edited by n6uqqq

Well I am very sure of the facts as I have copies of all that happened on that booking. The faster to the fun was on my credit card that has never been reimbursed for the "cancelled" excursions. I totally agree she should of made up her mind with who she wanted on the booking but its still no excuse for the issues that have come up. It should not be that hard to keep a booking straight. Not sure why a excursion would be cancelled with out an authorization. That is the part that bothers me the most. If its cancelled where is my refund??

I'm curious about the loss of FTTF. If she booked FTTF then she paid for and has a receipt for that payment. If she bought and paid for it then Carnival is under contract to deliver the product. I suspect there is more to the story but if not she has every right to demand they deliver what they took her money for.

Now if she didn't really purchase (and pay for) the FTTF thru shore excursions that's a whole different story. If one of her cancelled cabin mates purchased FTTF (as opposed to her making the purchase) then it would have been cancelled and refunded to that cancelled passenger. I'd like to hear more about that.

Not sure why a excursion would be cancelled with out an authorization.

It probably got cancelled because of one of the many room and person changes. Like someone else stated, if it was booked and the person selected was set to one of the names of the cancelled or relocated cruisers, that would explain it.

I'm curious about the loss of FTTF. If she booked FTTF then she paid for and has a receipt for that payment. If she bought and paid for it then Carnival is under contract to deliver the product. I suspect there is more to the story but if not she has every right to demand they deliver what they took her money for.

Now if she didn't really purchase (and pay for) the FTTF thru shore excursions that's a whole different story. If one of her cancelled cabin mates purchased FTTF (as opposed to her making the purchase) then it would have been cancelled and refunded to that cancelled passenger. I'd like to hear more about that.

FTTF is applicable to all occupants of a cabin. The "contract" expired when the occupants changed, Imo.

FTTF does apply to all occupants of a cabin. However, it is purchased as a shore excursion in the name of only one of the cabin occupants. If that occupant subsequently is removed from the cabin it would likely result in cancellation of FTTF since the person who purchased the excursion is no longer an occupant of the cabin.

I suspect FTTF was purchased by the OP when she was an occupant of the cabin in question. The OP was subsequently removed from the booking and FTTF left with her. Possibly the FTTF was moved to whatever cabin the OP is now assigned. Perhaps it was cancelled because OP was no longer assigned to that cabin. I have no idea. However, if FTTF was not moved to the OP's current cabin then it should be refunded. If FTTF was moved (with the OP) to the OP's new cabin then the OP still has FTTF and no refund is due.

Edited by travler27

Well I am very sure of the facts as I have copies of all that happened on that booking. The faster to the fun was on my credit card that has never been reimbursed for the "cancelled" excursions. I totally agree she should of made up her mind with who she wanted on the booking but its still no excuse for the issues that have come up. It should not be that hard to keep a booking straight. Not sure why a excursion would be cancelled with out an authorization. That is the part that bothers me the most. If its cancelled where is my refund??

It shouldn't be hard to keep the booking straight if she keeps the booking straight. Seriously trying to figure out what Carnival did. They would not just cancel an excursion of any kind. Maybe the person whose name was listed as the contact for FTTF is the one that canclled - hence the cancelled reservation. Even if you paid for it, someone in that other cabin had to be assigned as the contact person. That's the only reason I can see for them cancelling. And everything else is on your friend. She should book last minute from now on.

Feel like I'm talking to a wall. Carry on telling me how we are wrong for wondering where the $49.95 if it is no longer purchasing faster 2 the fun. If I have received a refund we would of known it was cancelled and repurchased. No refund lead us to believe it was still current with the booking. The fact it showed on the booking up till the last few weeks well after all changes had been made also lead to the belief it was still current. Im really sorry most ppl who have answered have nothing nice or constructive to say just trying to poke fun. :(

If it was cancelled during a change I can accept that. Each change came with an email stating the changes. I still have no refund to my credit card. That is my biggest peeve!!!
I assume you have asked Carnival where is your refund? Was FTTF purchased under your name or just on your credit card? If under your name then it could have moved to whatever cabin you are now occupying. Carnival is probably the best one to contact to find out. If that fails simply dispute the charge thru your credit card company. Edited by travler27

Feel like I'm talking to a wall. Carry on telling me how we are wrong for wondering where the $49.95 if it is no longer purchasing faster 2 the fun. If I have received a refund we would of known it was cancelled and repurchased. No refund lead us to believe it was still current with the booking. The fact it showed on the booking up till the last few weeks well after all changes had been made also lead to the belief it was still current. Im really sorry most ppl who have answered have nothing nice or constructive to say just trying to poke fun. :(

Then call Carnival and inquire on the status of a refund or dispute the charge with your credit card company. Thank you and have a nice day. :rolleyes:

No one is "poking fun." Your posts are difficult to follow, at best. If the only thing you're mad about is FTTF being canceled, call Carnival with your confirmation of FTTF being booked and ask them to reconfirm or refund you at once.

When an excursion is cancelled an email is sent immediately. You should call them and find out about your refund. That's a pretty easy fix.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's possible that the email ended up in junk or spam. Couple times we've gotten emails from Carnival their email address was wonky.

Call now and figure out what happened.

I have called. They can not find a cancel date nor a cancel reason. They are having a supervisor look into it and will be in touch. Hoping for the best. This is why I had asked if anyone has had an issue similar and if so how it got resolved. I should not have to fight and fight for my refund. If the excursion was cancelled then an automatic refund should be sent. If it was not refunded then the excursion should be current.