So made at CCL customer service right now...

hlb76

How long ago did you make the latest change? If FTTF was indeed canceled, you may have been issued a refund which may still not show in your credit card statement. As you may know, credit card refunds can take a while, sometimes an entire billing cycle.

It's understandable that you are disappointed, and whoever assisted you with your booking should've advised you that FTTF, like any other excursion, would cancel if you altered your booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Ten bucks says you've been mistakenly been checking the wrong credit card account for the credit. ;)

Seeing I only use one credit card doubt that is the case. Was it credited to another person could be? Your guess is as good as mine.

Im really sorry most ppl who have answered have nothing nice or constructive to say just trying to poke fun. :(

What do you want everyone to say? You're on a board with a lot of pretty skilled cruisers, this isn't where I'd expect to find any sympathy. I think we all agree that you're entitled to know where your FTTF payment went, but that is a question for CCL and your CC company. If CCL really can't tell you where the money is, go to your CC company and let them know that you want to dispute the original charge, and let them get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure about CCL, but I know some credit refunds can take X number of days/weeks to become posted. Or maybe the policy is to refund it as an OBC? Not sure, just thinking out loud and trying to give you some context.

Morale of the story: traveling with others can be hell :p lol

When you change a booking, people, add or drop, it is subject to the rates and promotions in place at the time they are made. So if there are no specials with on board credit, and you make a change, then yes you lose it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With on-line access to credit card account information these days it rarely takes more than a few minutes for transactions to show on my accounts. In fact, when a transaction occurs over x amount I usually get a text message before I even leave the cash register.

You really need to get to the bottom of this as there are specific time frames for disputing charges on a credit card. Those are spelled out by federal law and you usually have 60 days after the statement date to dispute a transaction. If you actually used a debit card instead of a credit card you may have a more difficult time getting it resolved as debit cards are not covered by the law and you are subject to your banks "policy" regarding disputes. That's why I never use a debit card for anything.

If you have a valid receipt for the purchase of FTTF, if it's in your name and if it's associated with your cabin I would simply insist that Carnival deliver the product you purchased. If all those conditions are not met you (or your friend) are still entitled to a refund of the excursion price and I'm sure Carnival will take care of it.

And as someone has already said, I always let friends make their own reservations/changes so I don't get in the middle of their drama and I especially don't get my credit/debit card involved. No good deed goes unpunished. :)

Edited by travler27

What do you want everyone to say? You're on a board with a lot of pretty skilled cruisers, this isn't where I'd expect to find any sympathy. I think we all agree that you're entitled to know where your FTTF payment went, but that is a question for CCL and your CC company. If CCL really can't tell you where the money is, go to your CC company and let them know that you want to dispute the original charge, and let them get to the bottom of it. I'm not sure about CCL, but I know some credit refunds can take X number of days/weeks to become posted. Or maybe the policy is to refund it as an OBC? Not sure, just thinking out loud and trying to give you some context.

Morale of the story: traveling with others can be hell :p lol

I have called. They can not find a cancel date nor a cancel reason. They are having a supervisor look into it and will be in touch. Hoping for the best. This is why I had asked if anyone has had an issue similar and if so how it got resolved. I should not have to fight and fight for my refund. If the excursion was cancelled then an automatic refund should be sent. If it was not refunded then the excursion should be current.

Sorry to hear about this :( I recently made some changes to our reservation, added an 8th passenger, moved a cabin, etc. and my FTTF for all 3 cabins was automatically cancelled without my knowledge. I never received an email... and actually noticed the credit on my credit card statement last week. Upon further investigation, the emails were actually sent by CCL and ended up in my SPAM folder. Fortunately, there were still FTTF available to repurchase. Not sure what would have happened had I not seen the credit on my CC statement.

To OP, yes, you need to have your FTTF issue resolved and it is unfortunate that it is such a hassle.

I think something we as consumers don't always understand we really don't make changes to our CCL reservations. We cancel our cruise and rebook. Anything on the booking such as excursions, FTTF, links to other staterooms, dining time and OBC are lost and have to be reentered if they are still applicable. If the original booking had OBC or reduced deposit and the current offers do not have those perks they are lost.

I did some changing of cabin categories when a good price on an upgrade came up so I had to just double check my fttf was still on my reservation and thank goodness it was.. I thought it was when I printed my boarding pass was worried after reading these posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have called. They can not find a cancel date nor a cancel reason. They are having a supervisor look into it and will be in touch. Hoping for the best. This is why I had asked if anyone has had an issue similar and if so how it got resolved. I should not have to fight and fight for my refund. If the excursion was cancelled then an automatic refund should be sent. If it was not refunded then the excursion should be current.

Well then, I'd be giving them my confirmation number, and asking them where is it at because they have just told you they don't see it being canceled.

As others have said, the FTTF is listed on the activities page specifically assigned to the one person that was selected from the cabin listing of people. I'm not sure how it was you were moved back to the cabin with your own family, but it seems to me that that's exactly where the issue occurred. I'd call back and talk to a different PVP at Carnival and ask to speak with a supervisor. Chances are you've already done that, but it never hurts to keep calling in hopes of getting an answer you'll like. I would have the exact date your credit card was charged for the "excursion" of FTTF and I would also double-check with the credit card company that shows the charge to see if they have any pending credits that just aren't showing yet.

I've had it take 10 days to 2 weeks to get credit for an excursion. Same with port and tax refunds.

Sometimes these seem to go into ether land and no one really knows how the system is set up and what the process is. A good PVP, one who's worked at Carnival for many years, might be able to tell you what happened. One of the changes--so many I got a little confused--caused it to be cancelled...now to find the credit...keep calling and get someone who knows the process.

I boarded once and my excursion tickets weren't in the cabin. I went to the desk and was told they'd be there that night. When they weren't, I was told they'll be there the night before the excursion....they weren't. Day of, still had no tickets. I found out it never charged to my credit card so it wasn't really mine to have--even though it showed up on my docs, which I had with me to show them. It was sold out. Oh well.

I've had it take 10 days to 2 weeks to get credit for an excursion. Same with port and tax refunds.

Sometimes these seem to go into ether land and no one really knows how the system is set up and what the process is. A good PVP, one who's worked at Carnival for many years, might be able to tell you what happened. One of the changes--so many I got a little confused--caused it to be cancelled...now to find the credit...keep calling and get someone who knows the process.

I boarded once and my excursion tickets weren't in the cabin. I went to the desk and was told they'd be there that night. When they weren't, I was told they'll be there the night before the excursion....they weren't. Day of, still had no tickets. I found out it never charged to my credit card so it wasn't really mine to have--even though it showed up on my docs, which I had with me to show them. It was sold out. Oh well.

That would be annoying

Nope not sailing yet. Just done talking to walls. Btw.. still working on getting this resolved.

So you were just here looking for someone to agree with you and not assistance?

Nope not sailing yet. Just done talking to walls. Btw.. still working on getting this resolved.

I'm not understanding why you don't have this resolved yet to be honest. I'd be on the phone with customer service with my confirmation of the original purchase and if they can't find where it went I'd insist they issue an immediate refund, or add it back to your name for use when you sail. If the first person was unable to help me, I'd keep being transferred until I received a satisfactory response. A "I don't know where it's at" response wouldn't be good enough for me.

I've never experienced anything like this. If I have it straight: You have 2 cabins, paid for 2 FTTF's and have confirmation of both, and now only have it assigned to one room. If that's right, and it was me (assuming you have already called), I would:

1. Email the Excursions department directly. I saw an email for them somewhere, wish I could remember where. I would attach the original FTTF confirmation for the cabin in question.

2. If that didn't work I would honestly printout the confirmation, bring it to port with me, and spin it on Carnival to prove to you where and when it was cancelled, or honor the confirmation you have and board both cabins with FTTF.

Don't know if any of that will work or help. Good luck.

I was looking for assistance. I asked if anyone has ever had a shore excursion cancelled without approval. As my friend did. Anyone ever not get a notification when something was changes. Has anyone ever not been credited when the issue arose.

I should of known I'd be flamed. Thats what happens most on these boards. Its not very often you can find real help mostly just excuses of why I am at fault and no one else. Im not ranting I will never sail again blah blah. Im upset of what my poor friend is going through. I know I will get my $50 back in one way shape or form. My booking stands correct so I'm not upset about that.

I do feel carnival dropped the ball with her. Its her first cruise well first vacation as a matter of fact. Yes she was a little wishy washy with her booking. She is allowed to be. All changes where made prior to final payment and booked under a promo where there where no penalties for changes. Unlike ES rates and such. When making a call to her PVP who which by the way never had time for her it was always can this wait, I'll call you back and never did. She was never told of penalties for adding guests. She even asked if she would loose her OBC and was told NO. When she came around to cancelling her EX off the booking she asked once again and was told no there is no penalty. Whoever at the 1800# assured her her new rate would be X and her OBC would be there. Well it was not. As a rep for a company all fees/penalties etc should be explained to everyone especially a first time guest. Not good costumer service to explain these things.

As far as loosing the FTTF as a newbie why would you ever assume removing a EX you would loose a shore excursion? She was still going, her booking # never changed. Its was a one per cabin not per individual. His name was never on the FTTF as a responsible party. He was just guest #3. Either way it did get cancelled. Though had a note been sent or a timely refund it would of been caught. I got every email about her booking (not sure why) and never got a cancel notice. I dont have junk filters or spam filters on my work account so the email did not get lost there as some have suggested. Again the PVP could have mentioned its routine to cancel all excursions.

Im well aware this board is full of cheerleaders. Most are not here to give helpful advice. They are here to poke fun and blame. Ive been on these boards for about 10 years so I'm not well versed in what happens. I take full responsibility for being stupid enough to come here to vent/explain/ask for help. I do thank those who took the time to be helpful. That is what these boards should be about :) For everyone else please carry on with your blaming of my friend for what is going on. I thank you for not understanding how upsetting it is to be days out of sailing to find your OBC and shore excursions gone when it had been there for 9 months prior to your sailing. Sorry you cant understand the way she feels booking her very first vacation and thinking the company she booked with had her best interest in mind.

We will get our issues resolved. We will board the ship and have a great time. We will also be more diligent with our future bookings. I also hope someone can learn from these mistakes as that's what this board is for.