Oasis Press Conference time today

Mnrvguy

I had seen some place not sure if it was on CC or Facebook, that is why I asked. Am I wrong or is that part of what this forum is for... I asked and we all got the answer. However not the answer I/we wanted. :) the more I posts I read on this forum the more I am amazed on how rude people are!! So Sorry not all of us are All Knowing Diamond, Diamond +, Pinnacle Cruisers...

Very well said ^^^^. I'm just sorry you became a target of the CC bullies.

Lately I've seen such incredible rudeness towards people who, God forbid, ask a question that may have been asked 6 months ago or is buried 20+ pages back in the boards. The self-appointed CC Thread Police seem to spend a lot of time trying to track down a poster's history in order to call them out on what they perceive to be unnecessary posts, questions or personal observations rather than actually contributing to a thread.

I don't post a lot on CC but I'm on here daily reading the latest threads. There are still more helpful, courteous CC members than not. Unfortunately, the snarky ones are very vocal at times and when they appear, they tend to completely derail a thread. They're internet bullies, sitting by their keyboards ready to pounce.

To the bullies, I say this.... The thread's subject matter is clearly stated. If it doesn't interest you, MOVE ALONG! If it's been discussed elsewhere and you have nothing to positive to contribute, MOVE ALONG. If you have nothing positive to contribute, MOVE ALONG! Your presence truly will not be missed.

I have learned so much valuable information from these boards thanks to the kind and helpful words of several long-time regular posters. Personal opinions and observations, even differing opinions, are what makes this forum great. But people can have differing opinions and still be polite to one another. The Self-Appointed CC Thread Police are quick to point out that it's an open forum and they have as much right to spew their venom as anyone else. But to that, my reply is "Why bother? Why purposely be rude to other people who are just trying to ask a question or pass along something they think may be of interest to others?" (And I know the reason already. It's because they're bullies, and that's how bullies behave - without regard for anyone but themselves.)

And now, I too will move along. Happy cruising to all. ;)

Today's Press event... I don't speak the language someone help translate please. :)

http://www.telegraaf.nl/tv/nieuws/binnenland/23172470/__Exclusief_kijkje_op_Oasis_of_the_Seas__.html

Some inside shots of the work being done.

Great picture of the deck 14 balcony glass removed and them hoisting part of the new GS into place.

Sherri914....I agree with exactly what you have said...spot on.

Some on these boards will join a "feeding frenzy" when given the opportunity and many of us have been the blood in the water at times..very sad commentary indeed...They take the "Critic" in Cruise Critic literally.

If they don't want to answer a question that's been asked or have anything helpful to add... they should change lanes and move on...many don't.

Thanks again for taking the time to post your thoughts.

My post wasn't about hurt (which would be akin to being thin-skinned). And I am certainly not crying for a nanny state (not sure what that even means honestly). The irony is, the people who I'm talking about generally refer to their right to say whatever they want because this is an anonymous,forum; yet when I did the same just now I was met with your scathing (and I have to say somewhat exaggerated) retort. I've seen no evidence of CC being "overrun with thin-skinned people". But in almost every thread lately there are a few regular posters who have nothing to contribute to the subject other than their condescension.

Why waste time reading a thread that's of no interest? Why put the effort into a condescending reply? I don't see where anonymity gives automatic license to any certain response, be it good or bad. I'm not whining... I'm calling a spade a spade, meaning rude is rude. In the end, my post was my opinion, and yours was your opinion. You know what they say, opinions are like ***** ...everyone's got one!

I'm grateful for the many, many helpful cruise critic members happy to answer the same questions over and over for those new to CC or new to cruising. And for the others, I guess it's their right as well to reply with cynicism. To each his (or her) own. That's what makes CC interesting to say the least.

I do wish you the best, and hope you have a great afternoon. It's been fun debating this very touchy subject. :D

Well said, Sherri!

I have been a CC member for a long time and yes, I have seen a lot of duplicates and a few posts that may not be very well thought out. But, unless I can offer something positive to the conversation I move on. Not everyone knows the answers many of us have heard a thousand times and quite frankly, not everyone knows how to use a search feature or that it even exists. Sometimes people are mistaken in their information, but very few people put out misinformation intentionally. We are not news reporters who are bound by the "check, check and check again" rule. (Are news reporters even doing that anymore?:rolleyes:) Instead, this is a community of people who are planning or dreaming of cruises, not preparing for a major world event. In the excitement of new information (or no information in the case of the Oasis refit) mistakes are bound to be made as rumors fly. The real fault here belongs to RCI for keeping everyone in the dark for so long.

RCI is building suspense and it is clearly working.

This is true! Now this may have been asked and answered, but does anyone have any idea when all changes/refits/refurbs will be completed on Oasis? Obviously dry dock isn't long enough to accomplish everything. I'm assuming they'll continue making modifications for a few weeks after. Any thoughts on when she'll be done, done, done? :confused:

I would assume all the major restructuring work will be completed in dry dock. Then any small cosmetic worked still needed should be completed during the TA. She should be "good to go" by the time she starts her first stateside cruise. Hopefully!!!

Edited by Royal2464

This is true! Now this may have been asked and answered, but does anyone have any idea when all changes/refits/refurbs will be completed on Oasis? Obviously dry dock isn't long enough to accomplish everything. I'm assuming they'll continue making modifications for a few weeks after. Any thoughts on when she'll be done, done, done? :confused:

They have moved people booked in the last couple of B1 Cabins (Boardwalk cabns x728, x729, x328, x329) through mid December due to ongoing construction on the new suites where the Secret Balcony was located, so the work on that area of the ship at least will be continuing for quite awhile yet.

Admittedly my translation skills have diminished over the years, but it sounded like (just before she mentioned the new restaurants and restaurant concept) she talked about an exclusive elevator (lift) specifically for suite guests and suite areas.