Unknown Cruise

mcrcruiser

[quote name='Christine Frances']Good to know, thanks! Are these European airlines or are you also able to book North American airlines early as well from the UK[/QUOTE]

Most are 3-6 months out. That avoids the trouble that X has. Airline's schedules / routes change also.

IMHO, compensation should mean paying for any non refundable expenses / change fees. Edited by blindrid

[quote name='Anita Latte']Reading this thread...I decided to test my internet research abilities...I'd say that whoever is booked on this cruise should rethink it and have a back up plan.

Check out the current cruise schedule for SFO:

[url]http://www.sfport.com/index.aspx?page=2462[/url]

After overnighting in SFO on Sept 4, Infinity is headed to Monterey on Sept 5. She comes back to SFO on Sept 13, arriving from Santa Barbara. She doesn't leave again until Sept 18, when she heads to Monterey again.

Me thinks this does not indicate a long cruise to Alaska departing on Sept 4 from SFO.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm a 9 day coastal cruise would be ok ;)

Thanks for your research

How about this?

Day 1: Embark San Francisco
Day 2: San Francisco
Day 3: Monterey
Day 4: Catalina Island (the Century did this earlier this year, got to Catalina Island by Noon)
Day 5: San Diego
Day 6: Ensenada
Day 7: Long Beach
Day 8: Santa Barbara
Day 9: At Sea
Day 10: Debark San Francisco

Or this one, without Long Beach
Day 4: At Sea
Day 7: Catalina Island

Fun to speculate. Edited by Phamer55

[quote name='Phamer55']How about this?

Day 4: Catalina Island (the Century did this earlier this year, got to Catalina Island by Noon)

Fun to speculate.[/QUOTE]

Love either one but looks like Victoria and Monterey are both on the schedule behind the link. Our foreign port may be in Canada vs Mexico. I wouldn't mind a stop in Astoria -- never been to Oregon. Or maybe they will even go as far as Ketchikan. I thought I saw a 5 day sampler that included this port...out of Vancouver or Seattle, however. Just saying it doesn't look that far. Just keep San Francisco in the mix, please. Surprised Celebrity hasn't chimed in on this thread.

[quote name='Cruise Raider']Love either one but looks like Victoria and Monterey are both on the schedule behind the link. Our foreign port may be in Canada vs Mexico. I wouldn't mind a stop in Astoria -- never been to Oregon. Or maybe they will even go as far as Ketchikan. I thought I saw a 5 day sampler that included this port...out of Vancouver or Seattle, however. Just saying it doesn't look that far. Just keep San Francisco in the mix, please. Surprised Celebrity hasn't chimed in on this thread.[/QUOTE]
You really have to look at the heading for the table, which is difficult as you scroll down the page.

Victoria is the Last Port before Infinity arrives in SFO on Sept 4. This is true to the 12 night sailing that embarks on Aug 23. Then, the Next Port that Infinity heads to on Sept 5 is Monterey. The Last Port before arrival on Sept 13 is Santa Barbara. Then, on Sept 18, when Infinity leaves again, she heads to Monterey again, which is true to the Panama Canal sailing that embarks Sept 18.

It's an odd configuration for the table...but the first port listed in the columns was where the ship came from and the second port listed in the column is where the ship is going.

Adding...so Victoria and Monterey are not on the same sailing... Edited by Anita Latte

Great detective work, Anita, and good use of the wonderful tools the Internet provides us.

It should be noted that the Port of SF 2015 cruise ship schedule Anita posted was just updated yesterday, October 10. The update could have been for something other than Infinity's changes, of course, but interesting to note.

Since Catalina and Santa Barbara are both tender ports, I'd bet on Long Beach for immigration after Ensenada.
Wonder if X will ever have Sitka on a round trip from SF. We were supposed to go this year but they substituted Astoria.

[quote name='villauk']The national airlines stick to the 11 month rule. But as I previously stated, the low cost carriers do release their's earlier, and frequently, their flight prices only go one way - just like their planes :D.

RCI use some of these carriers for Europe for those booking flights via a cruise package in the UK. I know from personal experience as I have flown, on the same flight, with other pax that have booked air through X/Royal when I have booked independently ;).[/quote]
British Airways allows booking 355 days out.

Yes, fun to speculate, indeed.

As to the possibility of Long Beach, it's my understanding the cruise terminal there was built by Carnival. We stopped there last year on a Pacific Coastal sailing aboard Princess, but I wonder if the terminal is accessible to non-Carnival brands? If not, then I assume =X= would have to dock in San Pedro if the itinerary were to include a stop in the LA area.

[quote name='BEAV']Yes, fun to speculate, indeed.

As to the possibility of Long Beach, it's my understanding the cruise terminal there was built by Carnival. We stopped there last year on a Pacific Coastal sailing aboard Princess, but I wonder if the terminal is accessible to non-Carnival brands? If not, then I assume =X= would have to dock in San Pedro if the itinerary were to include a stop in the LA area.[/QUOTE]

I sailed out of Long Beach on Vision of the Seas, RCCL in 2006. Google Earth used to have a picture of an RCCL ship in port.

Happy sailng,
Jenna

[quote name='need2bespoiled']I sailed out of Long Beach on Vision of the Seas, RCCL in 2006. Google Earth used to have a picture of an RCCL ship in port.

Happy sailng,
Jenna[/QUOTE]

Very interesting. I thought that Carnival a few years ago either built a new terminal (or remodeled the old?), but I can't remember if it was before or after 2006. Let the speculation continue! Link below to a photo which identifies the terminal as "Carnival Cruise Lines".

[url]http://www.worldportsource.com/ports/map.172.1672.php[/url]

[quote name='BEAV'] I thought that Carnival a few years ago either built a new terminal (or remodeled the old?), but I can't remember if it was before or after 2006. [/QUOTE]

Carnival builds cruise ship terminal in Long Beach:

[url]http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation-enters-preliminary-agreement-to-build-and-operate-new-cruise-ship-terminal-in-long-beach-california-77544717.html[/url]

[quote name='Anita Latte']Look at the columns...ETA and ETD. There isn't a guide but I thought ETA meant Estimated Time of Arrival, still 9.13.2014. And Estimated Time of Departure, still 9.18.2014. That's how I read it.

Bold means overnight...so 9.13.2014 is an overnight arrival.[/QUOTE]

While I do see that, I no longer see any departure cruise listed for Sept 18th. It was there previously. I am only questioning the accuracy of their schedule as it has changed a lot in the last few weeks. We are booked on the B2B -- well, won't be that any more. It does show the Infinity is going to use Berth 35 instead of the new beautiful Pier 27.
I also looked on the Port of Monterey cruise ship schedule and the Infinity looks to be scheduled for arrival there on Sept 15th but gone is the one for the Panama Canal cruise, which would have been on Sept 19th. Again, there previously so wonder if they are considering doing something to that cruise as well. This one is still available for booking on the Celebrity website, though. Looks as though all the AQ and Suites are booked. Hmmmm.... still all speculation but looks like a lot of schedule changes taking place.

[quote name='Anita Latte']You really have to look at the heading for the table, which is difficult as you scroll down the page.

Victoria is the Last Port before Infinity arrives in SFO on Sept 4. This is true to the 12 night sailing that embarks on Aug 23. Then, the Next Port that Infinity heads to on Sept 5 is Monterey. The Last Port before arrival on Sept 13 is Santa Barbara. Then, on Sept 18, when Infinity leaves again, she heads to Monterey again, which is true to the Panama Canal sailing that embarks Sept 18.

It's an odd configuration for the table...but the first port listed in the columns was where the ship came from and the second port listed in the column is where the ship is going.

Adding...so Victoria and Monterey are not on the same sailing...[/QUOTE]

Got it now...ignore the previous post. Thank you for helping me understand that. However, the part about Monterey's schedule for Sept 15th instead of the 19th was still correct as of yesterday. But, at least I have an understanding of how to read that schedule. :)

[quote name='koolforkatz']I was on a Pacific coastal on the Century in March. We embarked/debarked at San Pedro.

Would love to do another coastal with Celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/QUOTE]

Hi koolforkatz....I hope if this turns into a coastal that you will join us. :D

[quote name='Cruise Raider']Hi koolforkatz....I hope if this turns into a coastal that you will join us. :D[/QUOTE]

We are booked right now on the Jewel for a coastal about that time, but my preference would definitely be with Celebrity so here is hoping!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

[quote name='koolforkatz']We are booked right now on the Jewel for a coastal about that time, but my preference would definitely be with Celebrity so here is hoping!

Sent from my iPad using Forums[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, I will keep you posted if I hear anything. Yes, you should do the coastal with us and / or the Panama Canal cruise with us ... depending on what Celebrity ultimately decides. We do love Alaska but thought that coastal last March was a blast as well....very relaxing. As long as it sails out of SF, we are there!!

[quote name='Cruise Raider']While I do see that, [COLOR="Red"][B]I no longer see any departure cruise listed for Sept 18th. [/B][/COLOR]It was there previously. I am only questioning the accuracy of their schedule as it has changed a lot in the last few weeks. We are booked on the B2B -- well, won't be that any more. It does show the Infinity is going to use Berth 35 instead of the new beautiful Pier 27.
I also looked on the Port of Monterey cruise ship schedule and the Infinity looks to be scheduled for arrival there on Sept 15th but gone is the one for the Panama Canal cruise, which would have been on Sept 19th. Again, there previously so wonder if they are considering doing something to that cruise as well. This one is still available for booking on the Celebrity website, though. Looks as though all the AQ and Suites are booked. Hmmmm.... still all speculation but looks like a lot of schedule changes taking place.[/QUOTE]

I'm seeing a 5:00pm departure on Sept 18 (line 56 on the schedule).

The part about Infinity being docked at Pier 35 (instead of Pier 27) during the 5-day charter period Sept 13-18 sorta makes sense to me, leaving Pier 27 for the Grand Princess' full turn on Sept 15. If there were no other ships in town between Sept 13-18, I could understand Infinity "tying up" Pier 27 for 5 days, but not with Grand Princess scheduled Sept 15.

For the moment, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Monterey's schedule since they claim Sept 15, 2015 is a Saturday, when in reality it falls on Tuesday! :eek:

[url]http://www.monterey.org/es-mx/departments/harbormarina/cruiseshipandtallshipvisits.aspx[/url]

[quote name='BEAV']I'm seeing a 5:00pm departure on Sept 18 (line 56 on the schedule).

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Ah yes, just noting that it used to be listed as a departure where it used to list the next port as Monterey. This was not previously listed under the Sept 13th - 18th listing. I see this has been removed but looks like it means nothing. [/COLOR]
The part about Infinity being docked at Pier 35 (instead of Pier 27) during the 5-day charter period Sept 13-18 sorta makes sense to me, leaving Pier 27 for the Grand Princess' full turn on Sept 15. If there were no other ships in town between Sept 13-18, I could understand Infinity "tying up" Pier 27 for 5 days, but not with Grand Princess scheduled Sept 15.

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Does this mean that the Dreamforce charter is not going out to sea -- just acting as a hotel? Wow...nice conference!! Can I join Dreamforce?? :D[/COLOR]

For the moment, I wouldn't pay too much attention to Monterey's schedule since they claim Sept 15, 2015 is a Saturday, when in reality it falls on Tuesday! :eek:

[COLOR="DarkRed"]You are totally correct. We are trying to make heads or tails out of these schedules whereas right now, they are just going through transition, so not so accurate. [/COLOR]
[url]http://www.monterey.org/es-mx/departments/harbormarina/cruiseshipandtallshipvisits.aspx[/url][/QUOTE]

I see on my Celebrity reservation, the 14 night Alaska itinerary is still listed -- as I am sure everybody's is. I should just take a week or even a month off from wondering and see what they come up with. Still too far away to really worry about. Edited by Cruise Raider
Highlighting text

[quote name='Anita Latte']The Dreamforce conference is expecting attendance around 46K...so yes, the Infinity would be just act as a floating hotel to help house attendees.[/QUOTE]

Too bad they didn't pick Las Vegas where there is a huge amount of hotel rooms & a huge convention center .: