Unknown Cruise

mcrcruiser

We can't do anything about this until we hear officially from Celebrity and they present our options/compensations to us, if any.

Actually, you can. You can start look at dates, places to stay, travel and see whether costs and the details fit in with any other alternate plans you are able to make. And maybe if there are some options that suit without cancellation penalties you can explore those.

Nobody has suggested you actually take action based on these details. But they help you prepare for whenever Celebrity decides to make something official. Forewarned is forearmed as the saying goes.

I appreciate any information that's posted. It's up to me to decide how much weight I want to give it and, in light of Celebrity's silence, it gives me something to think about so I'm not blindsided. I don't really care what Steve's sources are; the information seems to have been spot on so far. I'd like to thank him for that.

And I'm not far from Danville either. I live in Clayton, a bustling, robust city of 12,000!

Diana

I appreciate any information that's posted. It's up to me to decide how much weight I want to give it and, in light of Celebrity's silence, it gives me something to think about so I'm not blindsided. I don't really care what Steve's sources are; the information seems to have been spot on so far. I'd like to thank him for that.

And I'm not far from Danville either. I live in Clayton, a bustling, robust city of 12,000!

Diana

Walnut Creek checking in here...... Should we start a club? ;)

Seems to me that good info has been posted & it certainly appears that this cruise will not happen in lieu of that charter:o . That being said ,we wait for what Celebrity will do in the way of compensation before we make future plans;)

SalesForce.com is owned by Oracle a Bay Area company with billions of dollars. This charter will not fall through in my opinion. Celebrity has very few cruises that leave and return to San Francisco. Someone mentioned how are we hurt if the cruise is cancelled? Let me explain how we are hurt. If we have to rebook an Alaska cruise out of Seattle or Vancouver we have to pay for the airfare to one of those cities plus baggage fees and the parking at the departure airport for10-14 days. Plus any charges that we may have getting from the airport to the dock and back. Plus a hotel room the night before the cruise leaves.This cruise we were leaving our car at my step-daughters house who lives in Concord. We do not have to hassle with airport travel which is anything but fun these days. That's how it hurts my wife and I.

Edited by bar_20

SalesForce.com is owned by Oracle a Bay Area company with billions of dollars. This charter will not fall through in my opinion. Celebrity has very few cruises that leave and return to San Francisco. Someone mentioned how are we hurt if the cruise is cancelled? Let me explain how we are hurt. If we have to rebook an Alaska cruise out of Seattle or Vancouver we have to pay for the airfare to one of those cities plus baggage fees and the parking at the departure airport for10-14 days. Plus any charges that we may have getting from the airport to the dock and back. Plus a hotel room the night before the cruise leaves.This cruise we were leaving our car at my step-daughters house who lives in Concord. We do not have to hassle with airport travel which is anything but fun these days. That's how it hurts my wife and I.

Well said .Totally agree ;)

Only if they change the aircraft type or typically route schedule changes. Anyone wanting to use BA award points between Europe and the us had to get in quick especially for LAX and SFO.

Walnut Creek checking in here...... Should we start a club? ;)

I went to high school out there....or close by in Concord, I should say. Yes, a club for sure!!

We cruise a lot and out of SF whenever possible. We've run into people we know on all these cruises....as mentioned, they are filled with bay area people.

It's official. Just got the call that this cruise has been officially chartered and the new itinerary is just as Steve posted. $200 shipboard credit on a new cruise is being offered and they will honor the same price on a different cruise to Alaska. Even though they saw that the correct information was on Cruise Critic, they didn't want to acknowledge it until "the ink was dry" on the charter contract. A Corporate case of CYA.

Not a happy camper.

Diana

It's official. Just got the call that this cruise has been officially chartered and the new itinerary is just as Steve posted. $200 shipboard credit on a new cruise is being offered and they will honor the same price on a different cruise to Alaska. Even though they saw that the correct information was on Cruise Critic, they didn't want to acknowledge it until "the ink was dry" on the charter contract. A Corporate case of CYA.

Not a happy camper.

Diana

The 2 Alaska Infinity sailings they offered (5/26/15 & 8/23/15) and the Solstice on 9/11/15 are cheaper than what we booked the 9/4/15 sailing for so don't understand how the 'honor the same price' works. We already have the Eclipse booked for 3/6/16 so none of those work and we already have a sailing booked for 5/10/15 so 2 other sailings offered will not work. :eek: Kinda disappointed in the 'replacement' cruise options!

If the OBC offered applies to any sailing this chartered cruise is transferred to, then surely I can find something. Don't want to lose out on this but will also have to find one that has the beverage package! Also, don't know how this affects the benefits we were getting from our TA. Will probably lose out there. :(

The 2 Alaska Infinity sailings they offered (5/26/15 & 8/23/15) and the Solstice on 9/11/15 are cheaper than what we booked the 9/4/15 sailing for so don't understand how the 'honor the same price' works. We already have the Eclipse booked for 3/6/16 so none of those work and we already have a sailing booked for 5/10/15 so 2 other sailings offered will not work. :eek: Kinda disappointed in the 'replacement' cruise options!

If the OBC offered applies to any sailing this chartered cruise is transferred to, then surely I can find something. Don't want to lose out on this but will also have to find one that has the beverage package! Also, don't know how this affects the benefits we were getting from our TA. Will probably lose out there. :(

You only get the same rates plus keep the free gratuities plus the $200 obc if you book one of their listed cruises. You are not guaranteed anything else other than the $200 obc if it's another cruise. The airfare alone will cost more than $200 for two people. I guess I will have to start working my way up on Princess because Celebrity is out of the picture now. We have just cancelled and asked for a full refund.

You only get the same rates plus keep the free gratuities plus the $200 obc if you book one of their listed cruises. You are not guaranteed anything else other than the $200 obc if it's another cruise. The airfare alone will cost more than $200 for two people. I guess I will have to start working my way up on Princess because Celebrity is out of the picture now. We have just cancelled and asked for a full refund.

Since we live in TX, we have to fly regardless. If we get the $200 obc on another cruise then we'll find one to use it on. We sail often on Princess and enjoy them very much but in comparison Celebrity still tops our list. Yes, what happened is very disappointing and it could have been handled much better imho. Celebrity has always provided us the most awesome cruise experiences and I'll stand by them but maybe at times not as happy as other times. :(

Wouldn't you know, after all my talk about how I'd jump on a Pacific coastal cruise, we can't take this one. We leave on our TA a month later and I don't think we could get more time off work.

yes x did mess up folks plans :eek:

If they had more information on the coastal cruise, I may have gone for it. However, the Celebrity rep (VIP?) had no information except for the itinerary of the coastal cruise and that the $200 OBC was only transferrable to very limited and high priced cruises. She actually quoted me that the pacific coastal would run me the same as the Alaska cruise....and it is 5 nights less?? She couldn't tell me if my OBC from before would remain on this reservation. I wasn't impressed by this level of customer service.

Maybe should have postponed the calls until they had answers to the questions we might have about the coastal cruise.

If they had more information on the coastal cruise, I may have gone for it. However, the Celebrity rep (VIP?) had no information except for the itinerary of the coastal cruise and that the $200 OBC was only transferrable to very limited and high priced cruises. She actually quoted me that the pacific coastal would run me the same as the Alaska cruise....and it is 5 nights less?? She couldn't tell me if my OBC from before would remain on this reservation. I wasn't impressed by this level of customer service.

Maybe should have postponed the calls until they had answers to the questions we might have about the coastal cruise.

Celebrity customer service rates about a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 imo . Wait for the information that will be official & you will then have good answers;)

Our TA says the rates for the new cruise won't be published until October 28th. They'll have to be a lot less per day than the Alaska cruise for us to be at all interested.:(

So how are we supposed to know if we want to transfer our booking if the pricing isn't available? We only have until the 28th to decide.

PS -- Nancyquilts, I think we've cruised together before....maybe on the Star Princess to Hawaii?

So, is anyone keeping their booking for the 9 Night Pacific Coastal Cruise on September 4,2015- September 13,2015. I booked the original !4 Night Golden Gate Alaska Cruise but due to a charter is was change to the 9 Night Pacific Coastal Cruise. I'm still thinking about keeping my booking and stay with the 11 Night Golden Gate Alaska Cruise on May 15,2015.

So, is anyone keeping their booking for the 9 Night Pacific Coastal Cruise on September 4,2015- September 13,2015. I booked the original !4 Night Golden Gate Alaska Cruise but due to a charter is was change to the 9 Night Pacific Coastal Cruise. I'm still thinking about keeping my booking and stay with the 11 Night Golden Gate Alaska Cruise on May 15,2015.

I am considering the Pacific Coastal but currently, there is no reduction in pricing from what we have paid for the 14 night Alaska cruise. I just spoke with one of the reps that went the extra mile and told me that the adjusted pricing will probably be made available sometime in the next week or so.

14 nights reduced to 9 nights with a coastal instead of Alaska itinerary seems like there should be a decent price reduction. But, we'll see! Sure wish they would have planned the roll out a little better so we know what our options are.