Bought champagne for my room as a surprise and ncl ruined it

ellasmomanddad

I just went and pulled up our edocs for the upcoming cruise. There is no amenity list anywhere on them. Don't know how OP's is different? There are places to go search for amenities, but edocs does not seem to be one of them.

Perhaps he is confusing edocs with the various and sundry confirmations you receive when adding items to your reservation?

After all they are still in electronic format and they are still documents. :)

Oh c'mon.

You guys have never used a word flippantly that you didn't mean to be taken literally?

Perhaps she really truly was FURIOUS but I think it's ridiculous for everyone to rush in here and hone in on that word. If his wife is displeased at the fact that her secret was blown, let her be. Why does everyone have to be the self-proclaimed emotion police around here. :confused:

deadhorse.jpg

Oh c'mon.

You guys have never used a word flippantly that you didn't mean to be taken literally?

Perhaps she really truly was FURIOUS but I think it's ridiculous for everyone to rush in here and hone in on that word. If his wife is displeased at the fact that her secret was blown, let her be. Why does everyone have to be the self-proclaimed emotion police around here. :confused:

deadhorse.jpg

Wait a minute - he posted here. What do you mean "let her be?????" The OP's the one who wrote she was furious. Since this is a written forum, readers take posters at their word. Look - I would have been slightly disappointed, too. But life is short and champagne doesn't stay cold forever. Since OP posted, others are responding. That's what this forum is about. Now everyone calm down and have a drink. :D

Wait a minute - he posted here. What do you mean "let her be?????" The OP's the one who wrote she was furious. Since this is a written forum, readers take posters at their word. Look - I would have been slightly disappointed, too. But life is short and champagne doesn't stay cold forever. Since OP posted, others are responding. That's what this forum is about. Now everyone calm down and have a drink. :D

Your last sentence was my point. Adults should be capable of giving their opinions without the facetious and patronizing tone which is so prevalent on this forum. There would be a lot fewer arguments and disappearing threads if people would treat others as they would like to be treated. Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

I bought a honeymoon gift package from NCL gift department on their website and it was a separate bill/payment from cruise and different receipt. Nothing on the edocs. We got champagne, flowers, dinner, chocolate strawberries. very nice.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Last year I booked a Penthouse on Pearl as a surprise for my wife and they sent the Suite welcome letter to my her! :eek: It was still a surprise but my plan surprise her by walking into the suite check in at the terminal was ruined. It surely didn't take anything away from the cruise though.

Me personally, a gift from the heart whether the surprise was ruin or not still carries the same sentiment, which is a gift from the heart. And that's all that truly matters.

Now, if you want mess up stories of christmas present not even giftwrap that you can't even get them til Christmas day. Or my personal favorite, having to choose between a Christmas gift or birthday present because your month of birth is December - gift giving on a cruise could be alot worst![emoji33]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

Nope sorry I dont

Blackburn are a football club in Lancashire. They were occasionally pretty good, but now mostly serve to feed younger players to bigger clubs like Manchester United, Manchester City, Bolton, Wigan, and Carlisle.

Blackburn (the village or the town or the area) was immortalized in the Beatles' song "A Day in the Life". There are, the song says, four thousand holes there, and they counted them.

Your last sentence was my point. Adults should be capable of giving their opinions without the facetious and patronizing tone which is so prevalent on this forum. There would be a lot fewer arguments and disappearing threads if people would treat others as they would like to be treated. Just because you CAN say something doesn't mean you SHOULD.

+1

I shouldn't be surprised, but it always hits me as strange when I see some of the ridiculous and over the top responses on this forum to certain posts.

I sympathize with the OP. If I took time and spent money to set something special up as a surprise, and the vendor confirmed it would be, I would be unhappy, disappointed and absolutely upset at the vendor for not doing what they said.

Sent from my iPad

You do realize that participation on this forum is voluntary, don't you? If anyone doesn't like the tone or vibes they are free to refrain from participating. The very nature of this type of forum is to invite "discussions". If you ask someone what they think, they're gonna tell you. If you don't want to know or only want to hear the nice answers or the ones that agree with you, then don't ask.

I agree, rudeness is unnecessary, but I didn't find any particular post on this thread what I would consider "rude". If anyone's skin is that thin they should stick to "read" only.

Have a good day all! :D

My friends went on their first cruise earlier this year, celebrating her 60th. As a surprise, I pre-ordered room decorations, cake, and a bottle of wine, all to be in place when they first boarded the ship so they could enjoy the wine on their first evening, enjoy the decorations for the whole trip, and I asked for a gift card stating that those gifts were from me and wishing her happy birthday.

After they returned home I discovered that there was only a bottle of wine in their room upon boarding with no indication of why it was there (no gift card and the steward had no clue).

The cake and room decorations appeared half-way thru their cruise (on her actual birthday) with a card stating "compliments of your cruise director"!

Yes I was upset. :mad: I sympathize with the OP.

OP is gone and said he won't be back to this link.

However, he also stated that he discovered the surprise from his edocs. And again, they are not listed on the edocs, so you would think he was snooping around and found out. He certainly shouldn't have found this info where stated. NCL didn't ruin anything, OP is the one that discovered the surprise. Looking was bad enough, but then to tell her about it was the "real" issue.

I will say though, a $100 bottle of wine would be a pretty good one!!

Edited by rvsullivan

When something is purchased via your NCL account (as opposed to a gift purchased through the gifting section of the NCL website, where you simply enter the recipient's name and sailing date and your credit card info), there's going to be a record of the purchase and payment. NCL didn't send an email to the OP saying, "Guess what! You're getting a bottle of champagne!" The OP FOUND the information by specifically looking through the cruise documents. It's like the OP getting mad at his parents for ruining his Christmas surprise when he's the one that opened the closet and found the gift.