Bought champagne for my room as a surprise and ncl ruined it

ellasmomanddad

I guess the OP isn't reading any more, but my sympathy lies with him. It is the fact that the cruise line said the gift would be kept as a surprise and it was not that is irksome and a "breach of contract." It is too bad. And of course, in the "grand scheme of things" this is small, but it was important to them, and that is what matters. We all live the lives we are given, and not everything needs be compared to the world at large, nor posters made to feel humiliated for caring about the details of their personal lives.

Good points.

My I add..... Ncl is told it is a surprise ..... Ncl claims they will keep it a surprise and/ or deliver it to you cabin in a particular day ..... Ncl or specifically I believe the cabin steward(yes I know he is absolutely the best) just puts it in the room or just doesn't understand the nuances/ meaning of a surprise....

Ncl should not charge the pax when this happens IMHO

Pax should learn to order this stuff after boarding

Or just celebrate by ordering a cake/ champagne or whatever for that night while at le bistro or whatever

Ncl clearly drops the ball here

And no the sky isn't falling it is just the result of huge ships and crew being overworked etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nope sorry I dont

Just for you:

Blackburn Rovers Football Club /ˈblækbɜrn ˈroʊvərz/ is an English professional association football club based in the town of Blackburn, Lancashire

In 1890 Rovers moved to its permanent home at Ewood Park.

OP hasn't been back, but I am not completely sure this was NCL's fault. This happened to us, and upon review, it clearly was my fault. I made the reservation and as a surprise, got us a suite. NCL told me my husband wouldn't get notice and that everything would come to me. But my husband logged in to print boarding passes, and there it was. I was furious. But once I calmed down and reviewed how it happened, NCL was right - everything did come only to me. I am the one with the NCL account, not my husband. That is, the "MY NCL" account is registered in my name. He logs in with my password. How could NCL be responsible for me letting my husband use my password?

Terry

Rude? Get a life. It is called humour, or is that too difficult to understand?

First, I have a great life. Thanks. Second, I can admit that after reading it again, I can see that you were trying to be funny.

Ha.

I guess reading multiple threads today where the fun seemed to stop at your post ("rum runner" ring a bell?), swayed me on this one. My apologies.

Hey patti. Are you coming to our meet and greet haven't seen you on roll call lately.

Hey Geri!

I actually switched to the Epic on the same day! None of my friends wanted to go to the Bahamas for the umpteenth time, so I now going to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. So excited! :)

I guess the OP isn't reading any more, but my sympathy lies with him. It is the fact that the cruise line said the gift would be kept as a surprise and it was not that is irksome and a "breach of contract." It is too bad. And of course, in the "grand scheme of things" this is small, but it was important to them, and that is what matters. We all live the lives we are given, and not everything needs be compared to the world at large, nor posters made to feel humiliated for caring about the details of their personal lives.

Thank you from all of us who realize when you make a plan for something you feel is special and the service provider promises you it will be as planned you feel upset. A $100 bottle of wine is not just a token. It was to be special and NCL failed in its customer service. A thank you for the original post. It tells a lot about NCL

My husband bought me a cruise for Christmas, and NCL sent me an email spoiling the surprise. I was still completely thrilled, and I can't imagine I'd care about champagne. There's a million problems in the world, and this isn't one.

The title says it all but ill explain. My wife bought champagne for our room on our oct 19 cruise as a surprise but when i printed off our edocs it was there so i saw. Ncl assured her this would not happen and she is furious. Has this happened to anyone else?

I don't know why anyone would tell her it wouldn't show up on your account. Anything you buy ahead of time will show as an amenity. If it doesn''t, you have no recourse on he ship if it's not delievered.

It's not on your e-docs though, so you must have gone hunting under "payments" in your vacation summary.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

My husband bought me a cruise for Christmas, and NCL sent me an email spoiling the surprise. I was still completely thrilled, and I can't imagine I'd care about champagne. There's a million problems in the world, and this isn't one.

So right. Of all the problems in the news, this is not one of them.

Thank you from all of us who realize when you make a plan for something you feel is special and the service provider promises you it will be as planned you feel upset. A $100 bottle of wine is not just a token. It was to be special and NCL failed in its customer service. A thank you for the original post. It tells a lot about NCL

I agree. The lesson is that your plans aren't special to NCL. Perhaps they will take steps and change processes and proceedures to not blow the "special" surprise. Sadly, I've seen this too many times on this board. All I can say is Don't give NCL money if it's an important surprise.

Anger sure has a lot of ugly cousins in this thread! :p

All I can say is geesh OP, just try not to be so nosy next time with your eyeballs all up in the edocs. :p On our last cruise I booked a suite as a surprise and this took a lot of sneakery on my part because I had to hide credit card statements, pillow menus, the special tags that came in the mail, etc. Boy, it was a rough couple of months diving for the mailbox before DH came home. It wasn't ruined but had it been, I would have had on a stink face for awhile because it's not easy to put one past the old man.

Sometimes I wonder if all of the cool, calm, and collected posters are really this magnanimous in real life. But, I guess I will never know for sure.

NCL is not the best at keeping secrets and unfortunately, a lot of people don't find that out until the cover is blown. Hind sight being 20/20 and all, at least you know this for the next time.

At any rate, I hope she still enjoyed her cruise and I think you must have a pretty awesome wife that she cares so much about surprising you. :)

Edited by cruisecritiquer

The title says it all but ill explain. My wife bought champagne for our room on our oct 19 cruise as a surprise but when i printed off our edocs it was there so i saw. Ncl assured her this would not happen and she is furious. Has this happened to anyone else?

Me think if your going to surprise someone, the person doing the surprising should had print out the edocs themselves instead of the person that the surprise is for....Surprising people is hard work, no offense, your wife shouldn't had rely on NCL only to hide it since she too shouldn't had let you print them along with the receipts (the receipts for everything you paid extra for such as cake and free shows is like page 3 or 4 of Edocs).

But what's done is done, so go on your cruise and enjoy the wine.;) And try to surprise her with dinner at specialty restaurant, jewelry from Tradewinds or something like that. :)

Edited by maywell

OP - let's put this in perspective. The nice surprise was slightly deflated - ok. Was the champagne any good? I'd be disappointed if my surprise fell "flat" but "furious?" Come on - there are so many more important things in life than this. It's a mere blip on the radar screen of life. Why don't you make your wife a nice drink, give her a shoulder massage, and forget about it. :)