"LIVE" from Norwegian Breakaway - Oct 12, 2014

Radio

What time is the officers party tonight? I had forgotten about this and my dad loves to attend so now I may need to switch the Cagneys reservation. Thanks!

Captain's "VIP Cocktail Reception" was last Monday 6:15-7 in the Haven Lounge/Courtyard.

Hello everyone. . . Today was a nice day of rest and relaxation. Breakfast was delightful up in the Haven restaurant, and think I need to mention that the Lavazza coffee on board is so very good. It is smooth and refreshing. I must now try to find out how to get one of those machines.

We had a Cruise Critic M7M down at La Cucina this morning at 11, and the Hotel Director (Prem K) brought along many of the Managers that work under him to meet us. I met Prem back in 2009 while he was on Norwegian Gem, and I really like his attitude toward getting things fixed. He suggested that Cruise Critic members often tell him how great a cruise they are have. . .just before they go home and write nasty comments about NCL. His suggestion was clear. If there is something you don’t like . . . tell him. He will give you his number on board. Just phone him and discuss your concern. They may not get everything right always, but at least they will have a chance to resolve your concern.

I enjoyed a nice lunch at O’Sheehans Pub (I love the Pot Pie!), but I had to get back to my cabin and enjoy the news for about 90min (with the TV turned off) I walked around a bit and the sun kept trying to come out all day. . .The rain however kept starting and stopping. . .throughout the day. The deck were pack. . .then emptied. This routine seemed to be the schedule all day.

I went to the Officers Reception in the Haven Courtyard for about an hour before having a very nice dinner at Teppanyaki. (Deck 6) The food was very good, and the chef was quite entertaining. There was too much food though. . . I may set off an alarm before I get off the ship tomorrow at Port Canaveral.

We are travelling at 20kts, and have 220nm to go for Port Canaveral. The weather forecast is mostly sunny skies and 77F. We should be pulling into the cut by around 11, but will be tied up by 12 Noon. We should be at CT 6 (the new Carnival Terminal). I really want to see the progress of CT1 (The New RCI terminal) on the south side of the Port.

Here are a few pics from today. . .More pics tomorrow before we dock.

Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Breakaway HD Prem Kainikkara brought many of the staff managers to meet us at the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle.

M11.JPG

A cooking show in the Atrium had the Chef from Ocean Blue teaching passengers

M14.JPG

There were 2 bowling lanes near O’Sheehans pub on Deck 7

M15.JPG

There were a few times today of bright sunshine. . .

M18.JPG

The rain however was even driving passengers away from the covered protection of the Waterfront.

M16.JPG

The officers Reception in the Haven was very nice.

M28.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

I need to try out the Svedka Ice Bar

M20.JPG

The $20 admission will get you 2 drinks. . .

M19.JPG

On my 4th NCL Cruise, I was finally able to dine at Teppanyaki.

M24.JPG

The chef was very entertaining at Teppanyaki

M32A.JPG

I walked back through 678 Ocean Place on the way back to my cabin

M29.JPG

Here is our current position

MAP2.jpg

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

M19.JPG

M24.JPG

M32A.JPG

M29.JPG

MAP2.jpg

Thanks for the live report

From where do you get the position and speed pics?

Thanks for the live report

From where do you get the position and speed pics?

I connect my GPS to my Laptop connected with some Navigation software. . .

The GPS is a Garmin, and the software is by Delorme.

Radio

;);)

I am loving your live report, thank you! If it's not too much trouble, could you please post pictures of the dailies? Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can't scan them until I get home, but I will try to sanp afew images of the dailies if possible.

Radio

;);)

Hey Radio with the way weather has been do you think you will go to great stirup cay? When you get off i get on so hurry up and get home but enjoy untill then.

The forecast for today is sunny and 80F, but it looks like rain tomorrow. . .

I am hoping we go to GSC. . .:confused:

Radio

;);)

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

M20.JPG

The $20 admission will get you 2 drinks. . .

M19.JPG

M24.JPG

M32A.JPG

M29.JPG

MAP2.jpg

Love these pictures. Gotta visit the ice bar and teppenyaki for sure when I sail on her

Sent from my LG G3 using tapatalk

Good morning, almost afternoon, my friend. Took a second to watch you slowly approach the dock at Port Canaveral.

Do you plan a trip to NASA during your stay in the Space Coast? Spent many a great hour there.

Hope the ice bar didn't give you brain freeze.

Hello everyone . . . Welcome to DAY 3 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Breakaway. . .

We arrived at the CT-6 Cruise Terminal in Port Canaveral a little late at 12:15PM.

That wasn’t bad considering we left NYC almost an hour late. Today there are no ships in port with us today. That is a good thing because the shuttles, and busses only have to contend with one vessel.

I woke up this morning early, and was happy to see that the sun was appearing strong. . .It remains sunny and should be this way for most of the day. Rain will be coming along later tonight, but for today we should have sunny skies and warm temps (82F)

I have no specific plans or excursions today, but will just play it by ear. I’m not a big excursion boy by any means, but I will be renting a car a will decide late what I may do. I have been to Port Canaveral dozens of times, but I may go over to the Port Exploration Center, or Air and Space History attraction near the pier. I have been to KSC twice this year, so that will not be on the table.

Here are a few pics from this morning onboard, and our arrival to Port Canaveral. There will be more pics after sail away tonight. Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

A nice sunrise was the start to a beautiful day. . .

T36.JPG

Blue skies brought out a lot of passengers up on the pool decks. . .

T11.JPG

We approach Port Canaveral at Jetty Park

T22.JPG

The work is coming along well with CT-1 (New Royal Caribbean Terminal)

T24.JPG

I can see the new Exploration Tower

T26.JPG

Norwegian Breakaway approaches the pier slowly. . .

T28.JPG

Edited by Radio

Hello Radio,

I have never read your threads before but I was perusing CC and found your postings so decided to read since it was live. Just wondering do you do this for fun or is this your job for CC? It's very interesting and really makes me want to cruise the Breakaway although we already have our vacation plans set for next year. Your reporting is really great so we can see and learn about all the great things on the ship. Have you ever done a live report on Panama Canal? My DH and I would love to do that next.

Thank you for your great pics and very interesting report. I'll be reading. Enjoy your cruise.

Hi Mark (aka Radio)

We have loved every minute of your cruise so far, fab. photos, bet Mrs. Radio is having a blast also. DH & I really enjoy your wonderful sense of humor, or, as we say in Canada, humour. Means the same thing. You are funny.

dm

Hi Mark (aka Radio)

We have loved every minute of your cruise so far, fab. photos, bet Mrs. Radio is having a blast also. DH & I really enjoy your wonderful sense of humor, or, as we say in Canada, humour. Means the same thing. You are funny.

dm

Wow ! thanks Donamae for the very nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Hello everyone. . .We just left Port Canaveral a little early (8:45PM) as we head to Great Stirrup Cay. I left the ship today around 1PM. We had to leave on the Gangway on Deck

4. It would have been nicer if the covered gangways would have been used (the ones that go into the Terminal) 100’s of passengers had to come back to the ship in a driving rain storm. I know it must cost a little more to used those weather protected gangways, but really?

I first was just going over to Kennedy Space Center to pick up a few items (caps, t-shirts, etc.) But when I arrived (after 2P) I was reminded that KSC closes promptly at 5, and when I asked if there was a late admission discount, I was surprise to find out it was ½ off. Done, finished . . .”I was in there like swimwear” I love Kennedy Space Center, but I had been there twice in the last 12 months. . .But money talks, and I am a value shopper.

I also had a chance to see the progress of the NEW RCI Terminal, It seems to be going well, and I plan on being in that terminal in the Future when Quantum class and Oasis class ship will be home porting from there.

I am really hoping we can make it to Great Stirrup Cay tomorrow . . . It has been awhile since I have been there and really would live to see the improvements that have been made. I know that I have read of many concerns about NCL being unable to anchor (due to tender safety) but I will keep my fingers crossed. If we can’t make it then I will simply have some fresh coffee and spend the day on the water slides.

Thanks for tuning in . . .

Radio

The Gangway on Deck 4 was used for going ashore

T40.JPG

I arrive at the new CT1 (The New Royal Caribbean Terminal) on the south side of Port Canaveral

T46A.JPG

It appears that the construction is going well

T47.JPG

The parking garage appears to have been completed.

T47A.JPG

I was able to see the new Port Canaveral Exploration Center

T48.JPG

Ahh . . . Norwegian Breakaway appears like a beacon

T49.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . .more pics tomorrow morning !

Radio

I arrive at Kennedy Space Center

T41.JPG

The admission after 2PM was ½ off !

T42.JPG

The Atlantis story and exhibit was wonderful.

T45.JPG

KSC is a must see attraction for those interested in Space. . .

T60.JPG

I make it back to Breakaway just in time. . .

T52.JPG

The heavy rains lasted for several hours

T53.JPG