"LIVE" from Norwegian Breakaway - Oct 12, 2014

Radio

Hello everyone . . . Good morning. Welcome to DAY 5 of “LIVE” from Norwegian Breakaway.

We entered the pier area while it was still dark out, which means we arrived early today. Our scheduled time was 8-6, but we were tied up by 7:15AM. Breakaway was already cleared for passengers to go ashore at around 7:45. The sun is coming up strong, but the forecast for today has suggested that we will have thundershowers, and heavy rain for much of the day. We’ll just have to see what happens.

I dined last night at Savor, and I was surprised to learn that the menus are the same in Taste, Savor, and The Manhattan Room. I’m not sure why I was surprised, but I thought that the differences in the restaurants would be more than just the design. The Haven restaurant has the same menu each evening except for the Chef's special each evening No worries . . . The food was very good good. I had a very good Chicken Parmesan entre at Savor. The Fireworks were last night (Port side), and lasted about 15 minutes. . .It was very nice to have fireworks at sea ! The 80's show was held right after the Fireworks, and had some good music. . .It was packed in Spice H2O. . .Wow !

It seemed like all 4500 passengers were up on Deck 15-16 to watch the event, and go the 80's show. . .

I have no specific plans for today (which is normal) but today may be a day where I might just hang out. I my go to Starbucks, or maybe the drug store (Sunburn therapy may be needed). I may just enjoy the ship and see some things that I have yet to see.

Here are a few pics from last night and this morning. . .

Radio

The 80’s Show was held last night up in Spice H2O

TH1.jpg

We pull into Nassau this morning very early

TH2.jpg

The sunrise provided some beautiful scenery

TH3.JPG

The sun is coming up fast this morning

TH12.JPG

Norwegian Breakaway is tied up and ready for passengers to wake up !

TH17.JPG

It appears to be great weather for today

TH15.JPG

Edited by Radio

Mark, your review and all the pictures are fantastic. Hope those thunderstorms hold off so everyone enjoys their day in Nassau. Especially liked the pictures of GSC as well as some this morning. NCL should give you something for this review. It's inspiring me to sail Breakaway and I bet some others. Have a safe voyage home.

Lyn AKA Luvs

HI all!

Radio ~ loving following along on your cruise until it's time for mine!

The pictures are beautiful. I especially like the lagoon there at the private island which I'm going to have to see some day!

Your pictures made me go to Chankanaab & Bermuda so this might be another place to see. Darn, between you & tv it's costing me $$$ but it's so much fun.;)

Have a fun day!

~ Jo ~ :)

Radio, don't know if you're seeing any ("real") news, but thought you might want to hear about Hurricane Gonzalo.

Gonzalo will be a direct hit on Bermuda, many say it looks just like Hurricane Fabian (August 2003). Fabian caused four deaths, $300 million in damage and many did not get power back for three weeks. 1,500 still don't have power from the tropical storm last weekend.

Bermuda is expecting tropical force winds Thursday evening, with the total event lasting around 27 hours. Friday should be pretty bad on the island.

Hi Radio. Usually read you over on Royal's board. Nice to see you trying something different.

Thanks for the pictures. Because of your reports/pictures we are now looking at booking the Breakaway. We have not been on NCL since 1996 - boy how things have changed.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Hal

Hi Radio, first off, thanks for taking the time to write your review and pictures during your vacation itself. I will be going back on the Breakaway for the second time on Sunday.

I did KSC in 2010 and was wondering had it changed by much since then? I was considering going again. I did the excursion with the bus tour and missed one or two major exhibits I believe.

Also, what do you recommend in Nassau? GSC looks great and different from when I was there last.

Hello everyone . . . I am back on board . . . well I have been back for awhile. I did something that I don’t do often. I simply just walked around the pier shops area for an hour or so and came back to the ship. For some reason, I didn’t really want to explore the city as I often do. I was considering Cable Beach or even British Colonial Hilton but it wasn’t going to be. There will always be another time. I was able to make it just several blocks south and several blocks west before coming back onboard. Festival Place has been closed for remodel, so all of the vendors and shops have been located directly outside of the terminal.

They still have all of the hair braiding, t-shirt shops, $1 Sodas, and souvenirs that all cruise passengers love. It’s just outside now. I was at least able to make it up to Starbucks for a delightful Frappe . . . Carnival Pride passengers were leaving their ship just as I decided to come back, and it was a madhouse of traffic.

I just headed back to the ship for several hours of more rest, and more relaxation. I enjoyed Mandera Spa. . .had a nice lunch and I may have watched a couple of news programs. May later I will enjoy a full length feature film. We won’t be sailing for a few hours, but I have reservations for Burn the Floor tonight, and Rock of Ages on Saturday. I still want to dine at Moderno, and the Noodle house.

Here are a few pics from my short stroll around the pier area. I will try to get more pics later tonight. Thanks for all of the nice comments, and thanks for tuning in !

Radio

A drill had many crew members lined up near lifeboats

TH21.JPG

Carnival Pride begins to tie up to the pier

TH22.JPG

The terminal vendors were all outside. . .

TH30.JPG

Festival Place will be closed for renovations for several months

TH37.JPG

At least I was able to make it to Starbucks . . .

TH33.JPG

I had to stop in Hard Rock Café for my T-shirt.

TH34.JPG

Edited by Radio

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The traffic in the city was maddening

TH31.JPG

It’s time to head back to my home

TH36.JPG

At least coming back so early will not require a long line . . .

TH52.JPG

Wow, she is very wide. . .

TH39.JPG

I like how passengers have a chance to relax when coming back.

TH40.JPG

And . . . we make it back.

TH45.JPG

Here are a few more. . .

Radio

The traffic in the city was maddening

TH31.JPG

At least coming back early will not require a long line

TH36.JPG

Ahh. . .Norwegian Breakaway is beautiful

TH52.jpg

Wow, she is very wide. . .

TH39.JPG

I like how passengers have a chance to relax when coming back.

TH40.JPG

And . . . we make it back.

TH45.JPG

Edited by Radio

GREAT PICTURES!!! As we are not excited enough, we are getting on when you get off!!! GSC question...how many hours did you have at the beach before tendering back to the ship? And also what time did the tenders start running? Keep the pictures coming!!! Have a great rest of your trip and Thank you for a great live review!!!!!:D

GREAT PICTURES!!! As we are not excited enough, we are getting on when you get off!!! GSC question...how many hours did you have at the beach before tendering back to the ship? And also what time did the tenders start running? Keep the pictures coming!!! Have a great rest of your trip and Thank you for a great live review!!!!!:D

The tenders started around 8:45 AM. . .The last tender back for all passengers was at 5:30PM.

Thanks for the nice comments. . .

Radio

;);)

Radio:

Many Thanks, Kudos, and Appreciation for the time you're making, to send all of us these great daily reviews and photos you're posting!!!

Keep the frequency open...lol

Been tracking your posts and explicitly this morning, went to a BA Webcam to see and hope you had sunny weather when docking @ Nassau and you did...also watched it for awhile between 10:15-10:30 and got to see the Pride do her turn around and backup to dock on your Port side.

Hope you have more sunny skies while in Port today and for the rest of your cruise!

;)

really wow I am confused...our itinerary online and on docs shows 10:00 arrival for GSC. Maybe they use that time as actual beach time arrival not anchor drop?

Your schedule is correct. . . It has been suggested that Breakaway often arrives early, and will start tenders shortly after anchor.

Radio

;);)