Not In The Mood!

karinad

I thought I was the only one with that "it'll just be easier to stay home" feeling! My DH just pretty much shows up, too, but he does drive us to the airport -- which I would never do!

He reminds me to smile and be nice to the TSA dunderheads so I won't be arrested for disorderly conduct. And he carries a lot of my stuff! So, if I have to do all the planning and make sure we have all the necessary docs, etc., that's OK. And we always have a good time on a cruise.:):):)

This sounds like I wrote it! Lol

I also do all the packing/unpacking! He makes a pile I pack it in. I also unpack in the cabin. It's become a tradition-I unpack, he reads the dailies and plans what we're doing on the ship! It's also what he does while I'm getting the pool bag ready or getting myself ready for dinner.

Edited by English101

We're 2 weeks away from our cruise and I'm not feeling it! A

I think I'm getting burned out. We have a resort vacation coming up in a few weeks, and I am very excited about that, followed by a week at Disney in a couple months, and I'm very excited about that. I am so "blah" over my next cruise, I am seriously considering selling the 2 FCC I have and just being done with it. <sigh> It happens, I guess.

I'm also 2 weeks away from a cruise and I've been doing the happy dance around the house every time I think about it.

Go ahead, do a few little steps, even if you don't feel like it right now. Repeat "In just ___ days, I'm going to be outta here and on a beautiful ship, without a care in the world!"

Keep counting down. Don't think of anything beyond that.

Before you know it, you'll be doing the happy dance for real. And your DH will think you've lost your mind. But whatever... :D

Take every prep step that brings you closer to cruising one at a time. I use a checklist, and it feels GREAT every time I check something off.

Exactly what she said! :)

I thought I was the only one with that "it'll just be easier to stay home" feeling! My DH just pretty much shows up, too, but he does drive us to the airport -- which I would never do!

He reminds me to smile and be nice to the TSA dunderheads so I won't be arrested for disorderly conduct. And he carries a lot of my stuff! So, if I have to do all the planning and make sure we have all the necessary docs, etc., that's OK. And we always have a good time on a cruise.:):):)

DH says that I just bring him to carry the luggage and drive.:rolleyes:

We leave on Saturday on the Jewel and the last few days (up until yesterday), I was the same way. I think we all reach a "planning overload" and you begin to think "it'll just be easier to stay home". Step away from it for awhile. Just put it all aside and think about and do other things. You'll be amazed that when you come back to it, the excitement will be there again.

I have literally driven myself crazy second guessing the logistics of getting from the airport to the hotel (shuttle) and then the car rental return place (not airport property) to the port (cab). I work from home so I finally just put it all away and did some work. About 24 hours later, all that pre-cruise excitement was back. Now it just can't get here fast enough! Hang in there. A week from now, you should be singing a different tune.

Wow! You're really close and sound so calm with your advice! I think that all the time about it's easier to stay home!

I understand completely how you feel. An active and friendly roll Call helps me keep excited about the trip and not focused on the details of packing and securing our home, getting care for the cat, etc.

We are cruising in less than a month and two nights ago I had a DREAM in which I woke up the day of the cruise at 11 a.m. (I never sleep that late) and realized I was going to cruise that day. I grabbed an overnight bag (as our house is very small we leave our suitcases in storage) and put in a few short sleeve tops, undies, and 2 pairs of pants, along with my CPAP, and my passport. Never mind that this would not fit in my bag it was a dream.

At the last minute I grabbed a light lacy sweater and drove to the port. I had to park in a strange location and take a bus to the ship. I was so excited talking to the other passengers on the bus, until I realized they were talking about Alaska. I realized I had not brought any long sleeved items but I thought I was going to warm ports, the passengers said the cruise line changed all the ports to Alaska. I said, oh well, I guess I will have to buy some clothes on the ship, I turned to tell DH that I did not have time to pack for him and he wasn't there. I had forgot him at home. That is when I saw the ship and became so excited. I woke up before I had the chance to board the ship, but I realized I was happy to board the ship, no matter how unprepared I am.

I completely sympathize with this thread! I also had a dream that my family and I were driving to the port and were so late I knew we would not make it. Beyond stressful! I was also reading another thread about lost luggage so to have one less thing to worry about, I plan to take on a bathing suit, extra undies and at least one shirt just in case. It's good to know you can buy whatever you need onboard :)

We're 2 weeks away from our cruise and I'm not feeling it!

.....Our Roll Call is not very active at all, so, trying to share a little excitement is useless!

Help!:o

This is only a humble suggestion and meant in the friendliest of spirits....

You mention your roll call not being active, nor offering excitement. When I looked into your posting history to see what ship you're sailing on I noticed you haven't posted to your roll call for this sailing. Perhaps try posting to your roll call with this dilemma? You might get a lot of helpful and encouraging support from your fellow cruisers :) You might meet some future friends that will add that much needed spark to your cruise :)

maybe the solution is to do longer cruises. Think about it. Same amount of headache, more days at sea.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We try to do no less then 10 days, especially when we have to fly. This yr. we're leaving from NY, so no flying, so I'm not stressed about making the flight or making sure we don't over-pack above the weight limit. That would be a whole other thread.

We'll come home from the cruise and say, that it would be nice to go twice a yr. Yeah, it would, but I couldn't take the stress!

This is only a humble suggestion and meant in the friendliest of spirits....

You mention your roll call not being active, nor offering excitement. When I looked into your posting history to see what ship you're sailing on I noticed you haven't posted to your roll call for this sailing. Perhaps try posting to your roll call with this dilemma? You might get a lot of helpful and encouraging support from your fellow cruisers :) You might meet some future friends that will add that much needed spark to your cruise :)

Then you should look again, because I have posted to it. What roll call are you looking at?:confused:

Then you should look again, because I have posted to it. What roll call are you looking at?:confused:

My apologies.... Perhaps I accidentally looked at a different poster's history? I see now you have posted to your roll call. It seems a decent size group. I hope you can connect with someone there that will help you reignite your cruising spark :)

My apologies.... Perhaps I accidentally looked at a different poster's history? I see now you have posted to your roll call. It seems a decent size group. I hope you can connect with someone there that will help you reignite your cruising spark :)

No problem! I had to check to see if I was participating in the right roll call.:D

Well I'm 3 weeks away from a 7 day cruise with royals freedom...I'm echoed and extremely nervous at the same time..have night clothes that'll probably not be worn..first cruise and not knowing what to expect I believe is what is making my stomach turn..everyone keeps telling me I won't want to go home..gutted well see..any advice?

Well I'm 3 weeks away from a 7 day cruise with royals freedom...I'm echoed and extremely nervous at the same time..have night clothes that'll probably not be worn..first cruise and not knowing what to expect I believe is what is making my stomach turn..everyone keeps telling me I won't want to go home..gutted well see..any advice?

Relax, have some patience (not everything is going to run smoothly, lines might be too long, fellow passengers might be off the rocker, etc...) and above all esle, have fun- you're on vacation!!![emoji3]

Also, if going to the Caribbean- sunscreen and body lotion for the sunburn prevention/protection, light sweater or cardigan for the A/C, and again don't forget to enjoy yourself.[emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

All year I plan and look forward and now I'm feeling weighed down! I start thinking of all that has to be done and the "what if's".

I start to even think of that awful feeling when it's over and that really brings me down! Time goes so fast that I wish it would just slow down!

Help!:o

I KNOW the feeling :o You are not alone. I am an "anxious" person anyway...and when I have to do pre cruise planning I just seem to loose it.....I really try to relax and prioritize and really make an effort to ignore the "what ifs"...;)

I think I'm getting burned out. We have a resort vacation coming up in a few weeks, and I am very excited about that, followed by a week at Disney in a couple months, and I'm very excited about that. I am so "blah" over my next cruise, I am seriously considering selling the 2 FCC I have and just being done with it. <sigh> It happens, I guess.

I have to say, and I'm ashamed to admit it, but, I'm not exactly thrilled to be going to the Caribbean again. We did land AI, like Sandals, Couples, from 1991-2000 and then booked a cruise to the Med on Celebrity. We loved it with seeing Europe and just not laying on the beach. We found cheap cruises and used miles for free air. Less expensive then Sandals! In 2009 our young daughter died suddenly. I could only handle Caribbean cruises for the peace and serenity. Last year I started waking up and wanted to go to Europe. I found a very cheap cruise on CCL out of London and it was great and loved seeing sights I've never seen.

DH is afraid to fly this yr. and didn't want to go to Europe. so we booked a cruise from NY, so no flying, but, no Europe. Been there, done that. Yes, I'm lucky to be even going on vacation. Money is very tight, but this is our entertainment for all year. No movies, no eating out. I am looking forward to being served my meals and not cleaning, but a lot goes into packing, etc.:(

Relax, have some patience (not everything is going to run smoothly, lines might be too long, fellow passengers might be off the rocker, etc...) and above all esle, have fun- you're on vacation!!![emoji3]

Also, if going to the Caribbean- sunscreen and body lotion for the sunburn prevention/protection, light sweater or cardigan for the A/C, and again don't forget to enjoy yourself.[emoji1]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Oh, trust me, the minute my feet hit the gangway, EVERYTHING changes. I'm like a kid at the fair at that point!

I've found I tend to worry, that after putting so much time and effort into getting to that point, what if things don't turn out like I planned? (It's a sickness, I know. My dad once told me if I didn't have anything to worry about, I would then worry about not having anything to worry about. :eek:)

Funny thing though, we are now down to three days and I haven't packed a single thing. This is soooooo not like me. Usually I have my suitcase already mostly full by now and am going through it trying to weed out half so it won't weigh 75 lbs (and then trying to figure out things I can put in it to fill it out because changing to a smaller suitcase just makes entirely too much sense).

See how my mind works here? No? Yeah, me either.

Edited by tarps14

That's about the time I dream that I went on a cruise and forgot to bring my luggage. No joke. If that happened, you would still have a good time and not have to shop for groceries, cook or do dishes or make any hard decisions once you get on board. Its going to be wonderful.

Funny! I've had this dream many times, but not in the last couple months. It was a nightmare! I forgot all our medicines and everything else I carefully packed!

I begin feeling anxious (or more anxious) about a week before the cruise. I always have to cram tons of work in beforehand so I can be off for a week and of course that is a large part of it.

I have always stressed about leaving something on or forgetting something very important. I've settled on that a family member can always come over and check the house and I check and recheck medicines and passports before I leave as those are the only "real" essentials.

I always get that "I really don't want to go" thought beforehand but I think it is just because I know once the vacation starts then there will be an end. The looking forward part is over.

I can't really give any advice except that you are not alone. Please take deep breaths and try to think positive thoughts and before you know it you will be dozing to the sway of the ship.

Try to relax and enjoy. I know it is disappointing when the roll call is blah. I had stress like crazy before our last cruise due to the fact that we would be getting back just two days before Christmas and were taking all six of the kids. I will never go just before Christmas again. Way too much to do!!

Once you head towards the port just go with it! Enjoy the cruise!