Anytime dining tip question

kmac30

They take your cabin number when you enter the DR. I think that's how they track it?? Maybe someone else can clarify further. We always do anytime dining now. If we get a waiter who we really like, we ask for his/her section each night thereafter.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have two theories.

1. One the host scans your S&S card and gives it to the server when you are seated for dinner. Your dining profile (allergies, special menu's etc) are given to the server, and therefore is linked for that day to that server.

2. There is a dining pool in which all dining staff share.

I have two theories.

1. One the host scans your S&S card and gives it to the server when you are seated for dinner. Your dining profile (allergies, special menu's etc) are given to the server, and therefore is linked for that day to that server.

2. There is a dining pool in which all dining staff share.

I don't recall them ever actually scanning our S&S card. We just told the hostess our cabin number.

I don't recall them ever actually scanning our S&S card. We just told the hostess our cabin number.

Maybe she doesn't scan your card, but she inputs the cabin number into her computer and gets a little printout and gives it to your server.

Anyway, it's just a theory.

They ask for the stateroom number only no sail and sign. You can request the same server and we rotated between 3 for the week including breakfast and brunch. Last night we stopped by each section with a personal thank you envelope. We left the auto tips in place.

Before they seat you they ask your cabin number.

They keep track of where you are sitting and so know which team is serving you.

We always ask for the same team if we like them.

Then they get to know you and your needs. If we don't like the team we ask for a different one but we have been very lucky! Only on one cruise did we need to make a change!

BTW on land if we go to a restaurant often and get to know some of the servers we also ask to be seated in their areas if we really like them!

Edited by riffatsea