Parking at Princess Terminal in Ft. Lauderdale

Cabob1

I would like to use the parking at the terminal for the first time at Ft. Lauderdale, but am worried about arriving there and being told they are at capacity. Has anyone ever had an issue with not being able to find a parking space?

Never an issue for us the times that we have driven there....just remember that people are getting off the ship that same morning and leaving the parking lot. Just get there in good time in the morning to be sure that you are getting a decent spot.

Never an issue for us the times that we have driven there....just remember that people are getting off the ship that same morning and leaving the parking lot. Just get there in good time in the morning to be sure that you are getting a decent spot.

This. Given that a shipload of people are disembarking, it is impossible for the lot not to empty out somewhat. As long as you don't arrive at 3:25.

I would like to use the parking at the terminal for the first time at Ft. Lauderdale, but am worried about arriving there and being told they are at capacity. Has anyone ever had an issue with not being able to find a parking space?

You can also opt to do off port parking for less money, unless you really need your car to be right there when you disembark.

Embassy Suites just outside the port gates on 17th/Causeway, its not covered but we always park there, free fairly prompt shuttle and about $5 a day if you book it through unitedairportparking dot com

No I have no connection with them apart from being a satisfied customer!

Embassy Suites just outside the port gates on 17th/Causeway, its not covered but we always park there, free fairly prompt shuttle and about $5 a day if you book it through unitedairportparking dot com

I use them too. Just booked for December; 8 days $39 total.

I have parked at the port garage at both Port Canaveral and Port Everglades. We are about 4 hours from Port Everglades. On the last cruise, last February from Everglades, there was no problem finding space and when we docked we were in our car, getting on the Turnpike by 9:15 AM. It was very convenient.

How long to get from the ship assuming self dis-embarkation to the Embassy Suites? We're booked at Embassy for our next cruise. We have a very long drive home.

How long to get from the ship assuming self dis-embarkation to the Embassy Suites? We're booked at Embassy for our next cruise. We have a very long drive home.

When we called them last Saturday once we got through immigration they were there in 10 minutes, its a 5 minute drive back unless they go around all the other cruise terminals picking up other passengers from other lines.

Luck of the draw with that, depends how many ships are in port that day I expect amongst other factors.

When we called them last Saturday once we got through immigration they were there in 10 minutes, its a 5 minute drive back unless they go around all the other cruise terminals picking up other passengers from other lines.

Luck of the draw with that, depends how many ships are in port that day I expect amongst other factors.

Rather doubt parking at the port would be any faster. Thanks.

The only time I think you might have a problem is during

the Ft. Lauderdale boat show, and you are leaving from berth 2.

This year 10/31 - 11/03

There is an overflow lot in the tank farm when that garage is full.

Alternatively, you can park in another port garage, and take the

parking garage shuttle.

Just as a point of information: Several years ago when we still lived up north, we decided to drive to and from FLL for a Princess cruise. For disembarkation day I had a reservation at a hotel just North of Orlando, about 250 miles away. It was a short, 4 hour drive and we were there by 1 PM. It was a pleasant alternative to spending a night in FLL.

I use them too. Just booked for December; 8 days $39 total.

Thank you both! We used Park N GO last year and this is MUCH cheaper. Just reserved for next year and it was only $4 a night! :cool:

We also use Park N Go. Each time, our luggage is loaded from our car to the shuttle van and we are taken immediately (OK, maybe a 10 minute wait at most) to the ship.

Each time at debarkation, the Park N Go shuttle is already waiting in the lot or arrives within five minutes. The luggage is placed on the shuttle for you and you are taken directly to your car where your luggage is loaded into your car. The time before your reach your car can vary depending our if you are the first car or last car to be reached. In any case, the delay is minimal.

Book on line for the best rates.

Thank you both! We used Park N GO last year and this is MUCH cheaper. Just reserved for next year and it was only $4 a night! :cool:

I have heard that Park N Go is valet, so they take your keys??? Did you have that experience?

When we are there in March 2015, there is 5 ships in...

Thanks!

I have heard that Park N Go is valet, so they take your keys??? Did you have that experience?

Thanks!

They wanted to..... but DH insisted on keeping them. There was a bit of an issue, but eventually they relented and asked us not to tell anyone. ;)

I'm pretty sure we paid about $170, and we're paying $90 at the Embassy Suites next time. And that is self-parking, so there will be no issue with the keys.

Yes, Park N Go is valet. The car is moved from the covered area where you unload the car to where they park it while you are cruising. Your car may be moved again for easy accessibility on the day you return.

We just leave the one key for the engine. I don't know how one can keep one's keys unless you are willing to park in some out of the way location in the lot and walk back to the shuttle. You might also find the car parked in when you return from the cruise and need to wait for access to the car.

You must have had some previous credit with them to get a rate of $4 a night.

Thanks!

They always want to park you car so that it can be moved but we always park it ourselves. The day you arrive home they leave your car unlocked with the keys in the center console but my car has a problem and will re-lock automatically. I'm not taking the chance that I won't be able to get back in.

You must have had some previous credit with them to get a rate of $4 a night.

I had never even heard of the site Griller recommended, or parked at Embassy Suites. So I'm pretty sure there's no previous credit. :rolleyes:

Maybe the $4 a night rate is because of the length of our stay, or the fact that I've reserved it so far ahead of time.

Just as a point of information: Several years ago when we still lived up north, we decided to drive to and from FLL for a Princess cruise. For disembarkation day I had a reservation at a hotel just North of Orlando, about 250 miles away. It was a short, 4 hour drive and we were there by 1 PM. It was a pleasant alternative to spending a night in FLL.

What did you find disagreeable about a night in FLL? Just curious. Never been to FLL.

I had never even heard of the site Griller recommended, or parked at Embassy Suites. So I'm pretty sure there's no previous credit. :rolleyes:

Maybe the $4 a night rate is because of the length of our stay, or the fact that I've reserved it so far ahead of time.

I just booked for April and the rate was $4.00 a night. That's a great price!

I just check their web site once more ( Park 'N Go Ft Lauderdale - Cruise) and their price is shown as $7.99 per day- and that's using advanced reservations otherwise it's $12 per day.

I just check their web site once more ( Park 'N Go Ft Lauderdale - Cruise) and their price is shown as $7.99 per day- and that's using advanced reservations otherwise it's $12 per day.

I think you and the other person are quoting prices from 2 different parking places.

They are NOT saying Park'n'Go can be booked for about $4 a night.

They are saying that Embassy Suites can be.

It is correct, I often use Embassy Suites.